Woodville vs Columbus

Setx fan

Woodville: 8-3 District 9 runner up. Won first round match-up against OF 51-7

Columbus: 11-0 District 12 champs. Won first round match-up against Rockdale 56-8. 

Columbus won the last time these 2 teams met in the area round of the 2020 playoffs. The score was 21-14

Let's hear what all the doubters have to say about this match-up 🦅 

51 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I guess I will get it started I believe Woodville should win this game 35 to 28. The reason I believe this is Columbus has not really played anyone other than Madisonville. Woodville has seen better competition and is more seasoned. In the end it will come down to coaching. Talent is pretty much even.

Not being rude but how many D1 guys play for Woodville?

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

Columbus: 11-0 District 12 champs. Won first round match-up against Rockdale 56-8. 

Columbus won the last time these 2 teams met in the area round of the 2020 playoffs. The score was 21-14

Realist?

55 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I guess I will get it started I believe Woodville should win this game 35 to 28. The reason I believe this is Columbus has not really played anyone other than Madisonville. Woodville has seen better competition and is more seasoned. In the end it will come down to coaching. Talent is pretty much even.

How is Woodville more seasoned? And you say all they have played is Madisonville? Is Hitchcock a no one? Just because they were upset in round one? Columbus handled both of those teams. Madisonville beat Diboll who Woodville lost to… Columbus has a D1 commit at QB… a really good RB. Their O line is damn good. Could Woodville win? Of course it’s high school football but Columbus is #1 and well deserved. It will be very tough for Woodville to get the W… I’ve been wrong before but I don’t think I .. Columbus wins by 3 scores

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

Not a doubter. I’m sure Columbus wins this one by 10+. 😎

27 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Idk what it is about this board but people love to use that “They ain’t played nobody” remark 😂😂😂

Columbus has definitely played a solid schedule but other variables come into play at times also. Like Madisonville played Diboll at the start of the year when Diboll had a different QB. And I think Madisonville might not have been at full strength against Columbus. The Columbus/ Hitchcock game was very competitive first half then Hitchcock just fell apart second half. 

10 hours ago, longball24 said:

Hitchcock? Also, how did Columbus do against Madisonville (team that everyone is picking to beat Bellville)? 

8 hours ago, Setx fan said:

Columbus has definitely played a solid schedule but other variables come into play at times also. Like Madisonville played Diboll at the start of the year when Diboll had a different QB. And I think Madisonville might not have been at full strength against Columbus. The Columbus/ Hitchcock game was very competitive first half then Hitchcock just fell apart second half. 

Yep, Columbus beat the brakes off both teams.