Orangefield (7) @ Woodville (51) - FINAL

jdawg03

There are 3 things that hurt the Bobcats the last few years. They have a discipline problem that gets them behind the chains, they don't carry out their fakes and the quarter back never running the football. I am a Bobcat fan and a fan of Smalley. The quarterback quit running the football when the Gonzales kid tore his knee up a few years back

6 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

In 2,000% agree. 

how was that 1 dimensional offense last night working for them.

even though OF Is the bigger school in the district they don’t have the size on the OL to continue this Slot T mafia Offense. 

when they do pass the OL is still in the 4 point stance….  Zero pass blocking abilities for the OL. They are beaten off the snap of the ball. 

we shall see what happens with all these rumors. 

The pass protection is horrible, they stand and turn a certain direction and don’t move their feet 🤦🏻‍♂️ The offensive coordinator needs to held accountable with this terrible play calling it’s been bad for years.

14 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

Sometimes its not the coaches, players or offensive scheme that’s the issue….sometimes you just play a better team.. Woodville is a better team than OF…

They also lost to East Chambers and Kirbyville… Then got beat 51-7 after losing to that team 19-7 earlier in the season. If that doesn’t tell you coaching problem and not getting better I don’t know what does.

I don’t think it’s an overall question of the school district wanting him to leave as much as he may be wanting to go over there. In all his years at Orangefield he won “one” district championship in a district where he was the largest school in that district. This year, I think he could have done better, and I still do not buy into the slot T or nothing mentality. However , Orangefield has been a playoff team and will certainly stay that way going forward by staying in the smaller district that they are in. Overall, I don’t feel like a Peevey or a Prouse or anyone else will do any better than he did. Smalley is far from being a southeast Texas legend like Larry Neumann or Cornel Thompson or Dan Hooks , but he’s done well enough with overseeing the program and keeping Orangefield a playoff team.  Heard his wife is currently at Bridge City ISD after being at Orangefield for several years. With the rumors of him leaving and her being there, does give some speculation to the his future movements. They have some good athletes in Orangefield with that blue collar personality (hard workers). Whoever coaches them, they will be blessed with kids that truly care about being successful.  

6 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

I don’t think it’s an overall question of the school district wanting him to leave as much as he may be wanting to go over there. In all his years at Orangefield he won “one” district championship in a district where he was the largest school in that district. This year, I think he could have done better, and I still do not buy into the slot T or nothing mentality. However , Orangefield has been a playoff team and will certainly stay that way going forward by staying in the smaller district that they are in. Overall, I don’t feel like a Peevey or a Prouse or anyone else will do any better than he did. Smalley is far from being a southeast Texas legend like Larry Neumann or Cornel Thompson or Dan Hooks , but he’s done well enough with overseeing the program and keeping Orangefield a playoff team.  Heard his wife is currently at Bridge City ISD after being at Orangefield for several years. With the rumors of him leaving and her being there, does give some speculation to the his future movements. They have some good athletes in Orangefield with that blue collar personality (hard workers). Whoever coaches them, they will be blessed with kids that truly care about being successful.  

Do some research for us, and get back to me when OF made the playoffs in football 1,2,3 times in a row. 

Actually, from 2004-2023 - post every time we made the playoffs, also distinguish our place 1-4. 

I’ll wait. 

A). No one on here has made any arguments about Fans wanting him to leave. Every year ever school have some people wanting their AD to leave. Orangefield isn’t any different. I would say more than 75% still believe in what he’s doing. Everytime BC changes AD this rumor comes up & BC changes AD about every other year depending on which parent has the influence to put their kid as a certain position or if the AD has a snow cone business. Who in their right minds would want to go to BC especially if you have to wear red. (Joke). 

B)  Bigger OL comment. Have you looked at Franklins/Belleville/LH offensive line stat? I saw multiple  kids on there over 6-1 plus.
Who in their right mind don’t think you need size period. 🙄

C). 1 Dimensional Offense Comment. 
If you think a 1 dimensional offense is the way to go then I’m not wasting data debating you. LH was completely demoralized & demolished by PNG last year. Sure they scored on the first few plays in the game but when PNG adjusted LH couldn’t get a first down after that. 
I heard a stat that LH had 8 passing attempts the entire year. They then threw the ball down by 28 in the fourth. Guess what. INT!  I think they had 2 INT with 3 attempts. 

Your right, I’m pretty sure Franklin OL averages 5’-6” 150 lbs  I was watching the WOS/Beeville game. Beeville has some pretty big kids on the OL  #99 was murdering kids straight up  

my point is you need to be able to throw the ball when the run isn’t working. Not preparing for that is my issue. How in the heck do you blow teams out of the water during the season by 30+ points & you never ever practice during the game for game type situation in Passing. That’s absolutely inexcusable. 

im definitely not advocating for Orangefield to run 5 wide the entire time. What I am asking about is when Orangefield (LH/Franklin) was up on Buna (an opponent) why not throw the Dang Ball?????  So that the kids can have some game time experience throwing and catching in a GAME. Everyone looks like Randy Moss & Joe Montana vs the scout team. 

if you believe sticking with what works only & not having a viable option for when it doesn’t work then I agree to disagree. 

if you don’t think that’s a sensible offensive scheme then your right & every college & pro team is wrong. Dallas & the Chief needs someone like you on their coaching staff. This is a good Good Time to say Good Grief!

over and out. 

21 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

A). No one on here has made any arguments about Fans wanting him to leave. Every year ever school have some people wanting their AD to leave. Orangefield isn’t any different. I would say more than 75% still believe in what he’s doing. Everytime BC changes AD this rumor comes up & BC changes AD about every other year depending on which parent has the influence to put their kid as a certain position or if the AD has a snow cone business. Who in their right minds would want to go to BC especially if you have to wear red. (Joke). 

B)  Bigger OL comment. Have you looked at Franklins/Belleville/LH offensive line stat? I saw multiple  kids on there over 6-1 plus.
Who in their right mind don’t think you need size period. 🙄

C). 1 Dimensional Offense Comment. 
If you think a 1 dimensional offense is the way to go then I’m not wasting data debating you. LH was completely demoralized & demolished by PNG last year. Sure they scored on the first few plays in the game but when PNG adjusted LH couldn’t get a first down after that. 
I heard a stat that LH had 8 passing attempts the entire year. They then threw the ball down by 28 in the fourth. Guess what. INT!  I think they had 2 INT with 3 attempts. 

Your right, I’m pretty sure Franklin OL averages 5’-6” 150 lbs  I was watching the WOS/Beeville game. Beeville has some pretty big kids on the OL  #99 was murdering kids straight up  

my point is you need to be able to throw the ball when the run isn’t working. Not preparing for that is my issue. How in the heck do you blow teams out of the water during the season by 30+ points & you never ever practice during the game for game type situation in Passing. That’s absolutely inexcusable. 

im definitely not advocating for Orangefield to run 5 wide the entire time. What I am asking about is when Orangefield (LH/Franklin) was up on Buna (an opponent) why not throw the Dang Ball?????  So that the kids can have some game time experience throwing and catching in a GAME. Everyone looks like Randy Moss & Joe Montana vs the scout team. 

if you believe sticking with what works only & not having a viable option for when it doesn’t work then I agree to disagree. 

if you don’t think that’s a sensible offensive scheme then your right & every college & pro team is wrong. Dallas & the Chief needs someone like you on their coaching staff. This is a good Good Time to say Good Grief!

over and out. 

LOL, cites "LH (without top 2 RBs) losing in State Semi-Finals as evidence of offense not working. Ignores that LH is the top scoring offense in 5A, ignores that Franklin won back-to-back State Championships and set the all-time record for points in a season.

Does not cite the hundreds/thousands of teams running the spread that did not make it to the State Semifinals or in some cases did not win a single game. 

Does not really know the size of other teams OL. Believes spread offense is better suited for "small OL".  

19 hours ago, Bobcat.21 said:

The pass protection is horrible, they stand and turn a certain direction and don’t move their feet 🤦🏻‍♂️ The offensive coordinator needs to held accountable with this terrible play calling it’s been bad for years.

I mean wasn't it last year they broke the all time leading rushing record? Lmao

8 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I mean wasn't it last year they broke the all time leading rushing record? Lmao

Yeah because of Cameron Dischler. He had 2300 All purpose yards and like 300 carries. They would’ve smoked the record in 2021 but were in 4A instead of 3A. 2021 team beat Anahuac 46-13 first game of the season. Anahuac won this district last year and also went three rounds deep in the playoffs. 2021 had some bigger kids and more talented ones.

15 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

Do some research for us, and get back to me when OF made the playoffs in football 1,2,3 times in a row. 

Actually, from 2004-2023 - post every time we made the playoffs, also distinguish our place 1-4. 

I’ll wait. 

No one is going through all that, there were plenty of times Orangefield didn’t make the play offs because they were in 4A and the teams were better overall compared to they are now. If you’re stuck in a district with Silsbee and West Orange who are usually both top 10 in 4A. 2018 we didn’t even make the play offs in 3A as the biggest school in 3A, barely did this year. Don’t even say this district is hard either. If we were 4A now or in the next 2 years we wouldn’t win a game. Orangefield doesn’t have the players we did in 2020-22

On 11/11/2023 at 3:23 AM, Bobcat1 said:

I’ll wait. 

What a temper you have, sir. You should calm down. Everybody can have an opinion. Try Yoga and tell me how that goes. 

I’ll wait. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 9:35 AM, 89Falcon said:

LOL, cites "LH (without top 2 RBs) losing in State Semi-Finals as evidence of offense not working. Ignores that LH is the top scoring offense in 5A, ignores that Franklin won back-to-back State Championships and set the all-time record for points in a season.

Does not cite the hundreds/thousands of teams running the spread that did not make it to the State Semifinals or in some cases did not win a single game. 

Does not really know the size of other teams OL. Believes spread offense is better suited for "small OL".  

Hey @89Falcon. How’s that Strictly Wing T working out for LH now???  

should have worked on the passing games throughout the year. 

facts son. 

What are the realistic expectations at Orangefield?   Answer that!

They don’t have the kids to play 4 rounds deep on a yearly basis whether they run the slot-T, wishbone, or spread.   I’m not sure scheme matters all that much.

There’s always a chance of making a great hire and him improving the program.   But they don’t pay much, and he wouldn’t stay long when the bigger programs come calling.

It’s not a knock on Orangefield kids.    I’ve got as much Orangefield blood running through me as anyone in Orange County.   It’s just the truth as I see it.

Let’s stop the “Orangefield don’t have those type of kids” when every year we watch state championship games and some teams look like Orangefield. 
Orangefield has tough, decently athletic kids most years and should be disciplined. Also maybe you hire a guy that is great hire, doesn’t want to coach at a big school, and wants to raise his family in a great community. Even it means not getting paid as much. 

15 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

Let’s stop the “Orangefield don’t have those type of kids” when every year we watch state championship games and some teams look like Orangefield. 
Orangefield has tough, decently athletic kids most years and should be disciplined. Also maybe you hire a guy that is great hire, doesn’t want to coach at a big school, and wants to raise his family in a great community. Even it means not getting paid as much. 

Those guys are hard to find.  

1 hour ago, TheOutsider said:

The problem is that the pay gap is not small, and every coach knows that it is only a matter of time till the "great community" turns on them. 

There are two kinds of coaches: Those who have been fired, and those who are going to be fired.