Orangefield (7) @ Woodville (51) - FINAL

jdawg03

A 3rd place finish and getting manhandled in the first round is not something to be happy about, especially when you’re the largest school in that particular district. Lots of questions going forward about whether or not Smalley leaves etc.  it’s a proud community with loyal fans and good kids. Hope for better days for the cats going forward. I believe they’re saying is “We Believe”….that wasn’t near enough tonight. 

11 hours ago, Gametime2020 said:

embarrassing. 

In 2,000% agree. 

how was that 1 dimensional offense last night working for them.

even though OF Is the bigger school in the district they don’t have the size on the OL to continue this Slot T mafia Offense. 

when they do pass the OL is still in the 4 point stance….  Zero pass blocking abilities for the OL. They are beaten off the snap of the ball. 

we shall see what happens with all these rumors. 

10 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

A 3rd place finish and getting manhandled in the first round is not something to be happy about, especially when you’re the largest school in that particular district. Lots of questions going forward about whether or not Smalley leaves etc.  it’s a proud community with loyal fans and good kids. Hope for better days for the cats going forward. I believe they’re saying is “We Believe”….that wasn’t near enough tonight. 

He won district last year and made the playoffs this year....

53 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

In 2,000% agree. 

even though OF Is the bigger school in the district they don’t have the size on the OL to continue this Slot T mafia Offense. 

when they do pass the OL is still in the 4 point stance….  Zero pass blocking abilities for the OL. They are beaten off the snap of the ball. 

You really dont understand the Slot T. The only position where the Slot T benefits from a large OL is Strong Tackle. The rest of the positions rely on quickness and precision. There is no "pass blocking" with 8 in the box. Pass pro in the Slot T relys upon deception. 

I will be willing to bet the 1 dimensional offense works well for Franklin, Liberty Hill and Bellville tonight. Shepherds' version looked pretty good last night. OF had no chance from the start against Woodville. OF was completely out-manned. 

14 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Didnt Ofield win the district last year? Lets be honest here its not like Orangefield has been power in football

Coach Smalley seems to do a good job with the program, and the other programs have really flourished under his leadership. Sounds like there may be some delusional bobcat fans.

Exactly!  We won our first district championship in like 50+ years last year. 

Good grief.  Whether Josh stays or leaves, I wish him the best.  He has done a TON for OF in his short tenure, not the least being his job as AD.  He has made several “home run” hires and has taken his job as overseer of ALL sports seriously.  

As for the game, when you fall several scores behind, it is tough to navigate your way back with the slot T.  Same could be said for the wishbone in the old days.  It’s an offense built for keeping possession of the ball, shortening games, etc.  It’s still going to be better suited for the type of kid OF generally gets.  The Bobcats are simply not going to have superior athletes once you get to the playoffs (a round or two in especially) most of the time.  It is what it is.  One game that gets out of hand and all of sudden it’s the coaches, the system, etc.  

Maybe junior just got punched in the mouth and got his tail kicked?

2 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

In 2,000% agree. 

When this guys said "they don't have the size on the OL to continue this Slot T mafia offense", it was clear he has no idea what he is talking about. Keep talking about the glory days pops and leave the coaching to the guys who know what they're doing. 

2 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

When this guys said "they don't have the size on the OL to continue this Slot T mafia offense", it was clear he has no idea what he is talking about. Keep talking about the glory days pops and leave the coaching to the guys who know what they're doing. 

Yeah when I saw that I was like…. pretty sure the Slot T is for teams who lack size in the trenches lol

I get where some people are coming from with wanting a new coach. smalley has done a great job of what he has been provided. While being 4a some years and having the least amount of kids in the whole entire division he does a good job. 2021 football year that team was very good. If they were 3a they would have been possibly a region championship hunt. Smalley is a great coach and is very respected. If he does leave I wish him the best if he does not good glad we get a great coach to stay longer. 

7 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Hiring Smalley away from Orangefield. Not sure if he’s looking to leave, but enough money and better facilities might spark a conversation. Might be wishful thinking from that community though. 

From what I understand he's as good as gone.

But thats a much larger task at hand than his current situation lol