Jasper (41) @ West Orange-Stark (38) - FINAL

jdawg03

crying on this site will not change it. You have to change your school board who has the power for the final hire on the superintendent and coach.   
we had a problem years ago at Burkeville and we got behind a select number of candidates (which I was one of) got elected and we changed the system which included getting rid of the superintendent.  
I hear your cries and I feel your hurt. Get some people who are respected in the community that have your views that are willing to run and get behind them. 
Good luck to my friends at WOS.

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

crying on this site will not change it. You have to change your school board who has the power for the final hire on the superintendent and coach.   
we had a problem years ago at Burkeville and we got behind a select number of candidates (which I was one of) got elected and we changed the system which included getting rid of the superintendent.  
I hear your cries and I feel your hurt. Get some people who are respected in the community that have your views that are willing to run and get behind them. 
Good luck to my friends at WOS.

But the last act of the outgoing board was to extend the super for three years… and Burkeville had to cough up three years worth of his salary, if my memory is correct. 

It was a very costly decision and I’m pretty sure Burkeville has had two supers since.  I mean, the new board won and made good on their promise, but the whole ISD lost in regards to a severance that cost the school hundreds of thousands… and they had to hire another super. 

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

But the last act of the outgoing board was to extend the super for three years… and Burkeville had to cough up three years worth of his salary, if my memory is correct. 

It was a very costly decision and I’m pretty sure Burkeville has had two supers since.  I mean, the new board won and made good on their promise, but the whole ISD lost in regards to a severance that cost the school hundreds of thousands… and they had to hire another super. 

The move i am talking about was over 40 yrs ago not the one several years ago which you are talking about. I got off the board in 2003. 

On 10/20/2023 at 11:55 PM, Drey said:

Play calling has a lot to do with them looking like they do.. they beat their chest against lesser opponents & get exposed when the other team matches their athleticism.. kids gonna make mistakes but you have to put them in the best position to win also

Can lead a horse to water but can’t make them drink.