Dayton (6) @ Texas City (41) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, October 20, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Texas City - 5A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Dayton- 5A-9-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

15 hours ago, 1970 said:

Don't take anything away from TC, they're a very good team. Also don't take Willow Ridge for granted either. Just my $0.02. 

Dayton won't win another game  the kids are getting discouraged and down by the very poor coaching . There will be a mass exodus  of transferers  next year unless  we hire a real coach and not a buddy boy.

Dayton had several starters out, including our Quarterback and big linebacker, not to mention our top receiver who doubles as probably the best defensive back, out for more than a half. Hopefully they will be able to finish the rest of the season, as the potential to win out is there. They are a scrappy bunch and I don't believe they will give up. The AD is retiring, so if the administration and school board choose to look for a replacement and combine the AD and HC  title, there should be enough money to attract a few highly qualified candidates. In my opinion, Dayton does not need a separate AD and HC.

4 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Dayton won't win another game  the kids are getting discouraged and down by the very poor coaching . There will be a mass exodus  of transferers  next year unless  we hire a real coach and not a buddy boy.

There is a poster on here saying how great of a coach he is.. funny to read what the fans of the team say about it all. But you aren’t the first one saying what you are saying 

8 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

There is a poster on here saying how great of a coach he is.. funny to read what the fans of the team say about it all. But you aren’t the first one saying what you are saying 

I don't like to  be negative but its the glaring truth - we get these unproven Jr.high type coaches that basically live off the talent that's handed to them without having to coach.!

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Ware is a great coach. I also said that the best case scenario for this season was to replicate last year as Dayton did not have the same talent as last year. Injuries and the improvement of other district teams have detracted from the results. 

I have also repeatedly said that next year and the next several after will see Dayton contend for the District Championship and decent playoff runs. Nothing has changed and I stand by my statement. 

Ware runs the tightest discipline of any coach in the state and family and fans of players who fall to the discipline standards will frequently look for any reason to down the current staff.

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Ware is a great coach. I also said that the best case scenario for this season was to replicate last year as Dayton did not have the same talent as last year. Injuries and the improvement of other district teams have detracted from the results. 

I have also repeatedly said that next year and the next several after will see Dayton contend for the District Championship and decent playoff runs. Nothing has changed and I stand by my statement. 

Ware runs the tightest discipline of any coach in the state and family and fans of players who fall to the discipline standards will frequently look for any reason to down the current staff.

😂😂😂😂😂great coach 😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Lol. Excellent application of dual standard. 

The coach you support gets stomped because he did not have the players. The coach you don’t support gets stomped because he doesn’t know how to coach. 

Well spoken. 

Well then listen good. Jerry Stewart was a great coach. He won against teams with obviously more talent than he had on his team. Hence…..read it real slowly….Jerry Stewart was a GREAT coach. This guy…..