Nederland vs PNG MCM #100! Official thread :)

bulldawg64

Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Mid-County Madness #100?

• Nederland
    • PNG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM

On paper, this one should be no contest, (just like last season).  But Ned has many returning starters, while PNG has a few.  PNG's QB is new, but he's played Ned before. 

The biggest factor may end up being the officiating. From what I hear, that's what got Ned past Dayton. BTW, where will the Ref crew be from for this year's game?  

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

PNG will win by about 21. Nederland’s defense and special teams are simply poor

Nederland being below 50% on extra points could bite them in the butt (like it did against FBM). In a series littered with one, two, and three-point margins, you can’t afford to miss extra points. 

1 hour ago, 1970 said:

On paper, this one should be no contest, (just like last season).  But Ned has many returning starters, while PNG has a few.  PNG's QB is new, but he's played Ned before. 

The biggest factor may end up being the officiating. From what I hear, that's what got Ned past Dayton. BTW, where will the Ref crew be from for this year's game?  

Refs have been atrocious. They stole a touchdown on a pick 6 from FBM against Nederland. No way that was roughing the passer. I hope we don’t have that crew. 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Is PNG’s QB out for the year?

There’s been rumors he could be out until MCM or by the playoffs. But at this point, when he comes back I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Qb stays at qb and we start plugging the old qb in at his old utility player role (using him as qb, wildcat qb, wide receiver, and runningback). That’s just my thought though. I don’t know how the coaches will decide to use him. I’d even rotate him in as safety sometimes. He’s the best athlete among all our skilled positions, so I frankly think he was wasted as full-time qb. He’s too good not to use all over the field, especially now that we have developed the new Qb to where he is. 

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

There’s been rumors he could be out until MCM or by the playoffs. But at this point, when he comes back I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Qb stays at qb and we start plugging the old qb in at his old utility player role (using him as qb, wildcat qb, wide receiver, and runningback). That’s just my thought though. I don’t know how the coaches will decide to use him. I’d even rotate him in as safety sometimes. He’s the best athlete among all our skilled positions, so I frankly think he was wasted as full-time qb. He’s too good not to use all over the field, especially now that we have developed the new Qb to where he is. 

Adams should be used the same way he was last year if he comes back...PN-G is more dynamic with the current QB IMO

• Bigdog changed the title to Nederland vs PNG MCM #100! Official thread :)
  • Bigdog featured this topic