Lumberton (54) @ Vidor (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

As an observer of all but one game this year, I can say that Vidor football is not in good shape.  The team is undisciplined and lacking want and desire to win.  There is more of a ME mentality than a WE mentality.  Personal fouls, standing off to the side by yourself, talking to parents, girlfriends, friends in the bleachers while the game is going on, mental errors like fumbling or trying to go for a big hit instead of wrapping up.... that is all look at ME stuff.  Are the coaches to blame... yes and no.  You can coach and motivate all you want but eventually the players have to buy in and right now the players have not bought in... well not all of them.   

This post is not me thinking that Vidor should be undefeated or #1 in state.  This is an observation post. 

51 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

As an observer of all but one game this year, I can say that Vidor football is not in good shape.  The team is undisciplined and lacking want and desire to win.  There is more of a ME mentality than a WE mentality.  Personal fouls, standing off to the side by yourself, talking to parents, girlfriends, friends in the bleachers while the game is going on, mental errors like fumbling or not trying to go for a big hit instead of wrapping up.... that is all look at ME stuff.  Are the coaches to blame... yes and no.  You can coach and motivate all you want but eventually the players have to buy in and right now the players have not bought in... well not all of them.   

This post is not me thinking that Vidor should be undefeated or #1 in state.  This is an observation post. 

Exactly, I pointed this out EARLY this year and was told the last team like this won the district championship.