Nederland (19) @ Fort Bend Marshall (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

19 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Why is there no excuse for that? Maybe there’s not a kid that’s good enough to fill the job, even with good coaching. 

Outsource a kicking coach. A good head coach will fill his staff with people that are strong in areas he lacks. 

There has to be someone on here that knows someone that is control of choosing a coach. Please tell them to find an outside consultant that knows football. Pay them to assess the decisions MB makes, or allows to be made during the game. Get 2 opinions, they will come back with an assessment of bad, bad, bad. I REALLY REALLY REALLY, hoped and wanted success for Coach Barrow. That has not been the case, he should not be the head coach of a big schools football program. There are players that could play college ball on this team. There were players that were there thay came here to Memorial that saw the writing on the wall. They and there parents got criticized. Whos got something to say now? If you see your kids got potential and is not going to get taught and developed in a successful program, why stay? MB has to go for Nederland to become a feared program in the area once again. MB is a great guy, but he is falling short of acceptable year in an year out. 

5 hours ago, PABorn said:

There has to be someone on here that knows someone that is control of choosing a coach. Please tell them to find an outside consultant that knows football. Pay them to assess the decisions MB makes, or allows to be made during the game. Get 2 opinions, they will come back with an assessment of bad, bad, bad. I REALLY REALLY REALLY, hoped and wanted success for Coach Barrow. That has not been the case, he should not be the head coach of a big schools football program. There are players that could play college ball on this team. There were players that were there thay came here to Memorial that saw the writing on the wall. They and there parents got criticized. Whos got something to say now? If you see your kids got potential and is not going to get taught and developed in a successful program, why stay? MB has to go for Nederland to become a feared program in the area once again. MB is a great guy, but he is falling short of acceptable year in an year out. 

Todd Dodge will do it for a fee!

7 hours ago, PABorn said:

If we find the "person" who "knows football", they can teach it to you. 

All 3 phases of the game are important 

Nederland’s offense- much improved from last season; defense- possibly a fraction better ( DL better, LB’ers fair, secondary still as bad as last year); special teams- not good at all 

add this up and you will know why they will finish 4-3 in district and 4-6 non district and district and 4-7 after 1 and done in playoffs 

8 hours ago, spidersal said:

If this happens and Marshall wins out Nederland will be the 4 seed at 4-3 in district That means Dayton loses to Marshall-3 losses and TC will also beat Dayton

PNG 7-0

TC 6-1 

FBM 5-2

Ned 4-3

I don’t see Marshall losing any more.  If they do, it’ll be on the coaches.  

On 10/14/2023 at 10:09 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

Making sure I understand - Is that a guarantee? Like, if Nederland loses to PNG and Texas City, but beats Galena Park, do they still make the playoffs? And let’s assume Marshall wins out. 

I am pretty sure that is correct.  Ned would have head to head wins vs the bottom 4 in the district if they beat GP.   Then its mainly seeding with the MCM and TC games.

21 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I am pretty sure that is correct.  Ned would have head to head wins vs the bottom 4 in the district if they beat GP.   Then its mainly seeding with the MCM and TC games.

And, (knock on wood) if Nederland wins out and PNG only loses to Nederland, Ned and PNG share district title and Ned gets the 1 seed.

FBM would have at least two losses, TC would have at least two losses, and Dayton would have at least two, leaving the Mid County schools on top with one district loss each. 

5 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

And, (knock on wood) if Nederland wins out and PNG only loses to Nederland, Ned and PNG share district title and Ned gets the 1 seed.

FBM would have at least two losses, TC would have at least two losses, and Dayton would have at least two, leaving the Mid County schools on top with one district loss each. 

Nederland accepts this deal. Lol

With or without the MCM magic, Nederland will have a hard time containing #33 for PNG.  Ned’s problem has been the defense.  In that light, I don’t see them containing #22 for TC either.  But, one can’t dismiss PNG’s defense.  They are tough because they are well coached!  So, I see 1-2 over the next three weeks.

57 minutes ago, Reagan said:

With or without the MCM magic, Nederland will have a hard time containing #33 for PNG.  Ned’s problem has been the defense.  In that light, I don’t see them containing #22 for TC either.  But, one can’t dismiss PNG’s defense.  They are tough because they are well coached!  So, I see 1-2 over the next three weeks.

I’ll leave PNG #33 to the side right now because it’s all been said. But TC’s #22 is a monster. Heavier and taller than most running backs, and faster than he looks. It takes two or three guys to bring him down most of the time. 

Ned’s defense took a step forward against FB Marshall. And, Tezino and Thomas have serious speed. Those are the biggest pluses for Nederland. And, Sunday has guts and wheels. That’s not nothing. 

For MCM, my gut says PNG wins. The defense isn’t a fluke - It’s crazy consistent and has shown very few gaps. And the offense is pushing people around.

But, it’s MCM (you only have to go one year back to when PNG barely beat a Nederland team that is significantly worse than this year) and Nederland IS getting better, despite all the frustrating mistakes, and I think Nederland is good enough to take advantage of any wild weirdness MCM brings. On paper, PNg is better across the board, but the game is played on the field. So, we’ll just have to play the game. If I was betting, I’d say PNG by 10. 

I’m more confident predicting Texas City because that game won’t have the same X-factor MCM does - based on total body of work and coaching, TC has every advantage against Nederland. I don’t think that game will be close, no matter what happens the week before. 

39 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’ll leave PNG #33 to the side right now because it’s all been said. But TC’s #22 is a monster. Heavier and taller than most running backs, and faster than he looks. It takes two or three guys to bring him down most of the time. 

Ned’s defense took a step forward against FB Marshall. And, Tezino and Thomas have serious speed. Those are the biggest pluses for Nederland. And, Sunday has guts and wheels. That’s not nothing. 

For MCM, my gut says PNG wins. The defense isn’t a fluke - It’s crazy consistent and has shown very few gaps. And the offense is pushing people around.

But, it’s MCM (you only have to go one year back to when PNG barely beat a Nederland team that is significantly worse than this year) and Nederland IS getting better, despite all the frustrating mistakes, and I think Nederland is good enough to take advantage of any wild weirdness MCM brings. On paper, PNg is better across the board, but the game is played on the field. So, we’ll just have to play the game. If I was betting, I’d say PNG by 10. 

I’m more confident predicting Texas City because that game won’t have the same X-factor MCM does - based on total body of work and coaching, TC has every advantage against Nederland. I don’t think that game will be close, no matter what happens the week before. 

Add in that potential monsoon factor also 😁 (I just checked the forecast for the 27th) of course subject to change.