Beaumont Kelly forced to forfeit

cat001

34 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nov. 6 he will become eligible.

Most say had he been eligible, he would be Silsbee's starting QB.

But Moshier (current starting QB) isn't doing too bad. 1800 yards, 20 TD's 0 INT's in 7 games.

Im sure he will be moved up. What other position can he play? Receiver or secondary 

so basically what im gathering from this forum is talent was never the issue, cause according to this board the players leaving Brook and going to other programs and would be starting or at least be playing heavy snaps at high ranking programs??

P.S: yes I know 6-A is totally different but still that doesn't mean they shouldn't be competitive. 

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Per the news report at 6 tonight, Kelly has forfeited 3 games due to using an ineligible player and also illegal recruiting of a student athlete. Those forfeits are against St. Pius, Concordia Lutheran and Tarkington.

Kelly's record now is 1-6.

These sanctions came from TAPPS.

So TAPPS schools aren't allowed to recruit? 

15 hours ago, Yeoj said:

West Brook coaches are the reasons parents are sending their kids to Kelly. Langston has signed leaving for athletic reasons on all kids that transfer out. WB has kids playing at damn near all the surrounding area schools with most of them having to play JV because of Langston not signing off on their paperwork.

So he's just supposed to say yeah you guys go play somewhere else when they are leaving because WB is in toughest district in the state?

WB already in deficit with talent compared to who they play so why would the coach let open the doors to the remaining players to leave?

3 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

So he's just supposed to say yeah you guys go play somewhere else when they are leaving because WB is in toughest district in the state?

WB already in deficit with talent compared to who they play so why would the coach let open the doors to the remaining players to leave?

West Brook had no problem competing in the toughest district in the state before he got there. Hell they made it to the championship game out of that same district. Parents are pulling their kids because of the product he puts out on the field and his inability to even have those kids prepared to play. What does it benefit him and the kids still at WB to try and hold on to kids that didn't want to be there?

59 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

West Brook had no problem competing in the toughest district in the state before he got there. Hell they made it to the championship game out of that same district. Parents are pulling their kids because of the product he puts out on the field and his inability to even have those kids prepared to play. What does it benefit him and the kids still at WB to try and hold on to kids that didn't want to be there?

It doesn't benefit him. You just openly admitted the kids are leaving for athletic reasons. Do you suggest he lie on the paperwork? If that's the truth it is what it is. Kelly had this coming. The baseball program has been doing the same kind of things. Do not be surprised if TAPPS investigations head that way next.

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What you're going to start seeing more of is families moving their student-athlete kids out of BISD after their 8th grade year is over to avoid all that paperwork mess. 

This is what happens when the coach goes 6-21 with three games left in his third season. 

1 hour ago, gogo173489 said:

It doesn't benefit him. You just openly admitted the kids are leaving for athletic reasons. Do you suggest he lie on the paperwork? If that's the truth it is what it is. Kelly had this coming. The baseball program has been doing the same kind of things. Do not be surprised if TAPPS investigations head that way next.

Sounds like you're bitter about losing either games or kids to Kelly. LMAO... If my son showed the ability to be good at a sport and had the ability to play at the next level, there's no way in hell I'm letting him stay and play for a coach that sucks at his job. What type of scouts are showing up to see a team that loses a football game 71-0?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not sure but TAPPS does have rules and regulations they have to follow. It's not a free for all like some people think.

Saying they had to forfeit for "illegal recruitment" without any detail explaining how the recruiting was illegal makes it seem like recruiting in itself is illegal to me. Really weird 

Just now, Setx fan said:

Saying they had to forfeit for "illegal recruitment" without any detail explaining how the recruiting was illegal makes it seem like recruiting in itself is illegal to me. Really weird 

They also played an ineligible player.

I honestly do not know what the policies are with TAPPS. I just posted what the news reported.

3 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

No Bryce's brother Brock isn't in high school yet. Brock King who was a stand out athlete at Vincient Middle School went to PAM for high school last year. King got an offer in 8th grade I believe.

Yup, got offered by Louisville.