TABC Preseason Polls?

BBfan061

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not at all.  I’m just stating why myself and others often don’t discuss those schools in our very subjective lists. We are just drumming up discussions that interest us and those schools generally don’t.  But if we are doing “official” polls, I agree with you that it would need to include schools in our current coverage area, especially since they are district mates with those all of us consider “local.”  Does that make sense?

I get that.

I just point out that there are other teams to consider. Sometimes I think some of our members completely disregard what our coverage area is when it comes to ranking teams.

I just have a different mindset when it comes to rankings and this website. Had to be this way when we actually did the rankings for many years.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:15 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

West Brook over Silsbee and BU are laughable at best.  But go right ahead.  

What's laughable is you probably can't name 3 starters for West Brook and can't name 3 players coming off United or Silsbee's bench but you're on here crying about a made-up preseason poll. LMAO...

On 10/14/2023 at 9:26 PM, TxHoops said:

And lest I offend anyone, I like to rib EC about their “Beaumont kids,” more so because they seemed to most vocal about their problems with HF.  But for the record, Todd Sutherland is as fine a man as you want to meet and , like Clay, I would have loved for my own sons to play for him.  And he will also go down as one of the greats in this state (and honestly the country) at doing his job.  How many can say that?

They seem to have a bit of an infatuation with LCM's transfer situation too for whatever reason.

17 hours ago, Yeoj said:

What's laughable is you probably can't name 3 starters for West Brook and can't name 3 players coming off United or Silsbee's bench but you're on here crying about a made-up preseason poll. LMAO...

I just want to point out that the same thing was implied last year.  ‘Brook will split with BU, man’.  Actually, those were your words.  Probably not verbatim, but ….  🤷🏾‍♂️. But go right ahead…

On 10/14/2023 at 12:38 AM, whsalum said:

I think I’d have the top of my rankings a little bit different.

1. Beaumont United

2.Silsbee 

3. Memorial

4. West Brook

5. Nederland 

6. Hardin Jefferson 

7. Orangefield 

8. HF

9. East Chambers 

10. Kountze

Good list… but Orangefield ahead of HF? I thought HF was supposed to be pretty good this year

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I just want to point out that the same thing was implied last year.  ‘Brook will split with BU, man’.  Actually, those were your words.  Probably not verbatim, but ….  🤷🏾‍♂️. But go right ahead…

Actually what I said was that if Boutte played his kids in a more up-tempo style that they could get a win on United but United would be favored to win all games last year. Well this year West Brook will be favored to win all games against United whether Boutte plays up-tempo or not.

5 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Actually what I said was that if Boutte played his kids in a more up-tempo style that they could get a win on United but United would be favored to win all games last year. Well this year West Brook will be favored to win all games against United whether Boutte plays up-tempo or not.

If WB sweeps BU in basketball Soulja gonna email everyone at the Administration Bldg. 

On 10/14/2023 at 9:57 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I get that.

I just point out that there are other teams to consider. Sometimes I think some of our members completely disregard what our coverage area is when it comes to ranking teams.

I just have a different mindset when it comes to rankings and this website. Had to be this way when we actually did the rankings for many years.

I gotta confess I haven't seen some of the teams on the edge of the coverage area enough to rank them. My rankings were just the teams I saw last year

4 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Orangefield Graduated a ton of guys last year. I am sure they will be formidable, but I believe this is a little bit high.

I agree with Whs about how well they will be coached and will be very competitive.  And the sophomore kid has a chance to be one of the better players in the district.  But they may be a couple of years away from being win two or three playoff games good.  The 8th grade group should be even better than last year’s senior class, which was probably the best overall group I’ve seen at OF in the last 20ish years. 

On 10/16/2023 at 10:30 PM, whsalum said:

I think OF and HF are gonna be really close. OF made a really good hire in the off season that I think may give them a little advantage.

HF beat Orangefield twice last year and brings everyone back.  Orangefield lost a really good player and a really good coach.  HF has one of the best coaching staffs around.

18 minutes ago, weonlyrun28toss said:

How is KTZ ranked 20th?  Havent they missed playoffs 2xs in the past 2 years?  

No they made it to the 2nd round 2 years ago. Missed last year. Return the whole team plus a move in or two and a freshman that probably starts from day 1… they should be a favorite to win district 

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

No they made it to the 2nd round 2 years ago. Missed last year. Return the whole team plus a move in or two and a freshman that probably starts from day 1… they should be a favorite to win district 

Did OF and EC lose that many athletes? Bold statement IMO to make. I don’t doubt a freshman if you tell me he’s going to be good, but hinging a complete turnaround on him and/or kids that were there last year and didn’t make the playoffs to winning district is a big ask. 

33 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

Did OF and EC lose that many athletes? Bold statement IMO to make. I don’t doubt a freshman if you tell me he’s going to be good, but hinging a complete turnaround on him and/or kids that were there last year and didn’t make the playoffs to winning district is a big ask. 

Orangefield did lose a good bit.Yeah Kountze  didn’t make the playoffs… The team was basically all sophomores but they did play a seeding game with Buna for 4th which they did lose.. they also beat East Chambers once last year as well so it’s not like they were just a bad team. I stand by my prediction that they will be a favorite to win district. After the first few weeks of the season I think others will be on board as well

17 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Local AAA District is going to be fun.... With Kountze playing the transfer portal better than anybody this year I will give them a slight edge over EC & Ofield. 

Its a little bit surprising not to see HJ on a preseason top 25. 

Good luck to all teams starting practice tomorrow.

I am as well.  They were a 30-win team last year without a single bad loss on the resume.  They lost some key players, but as someone else stated, TABC usually puts more stock into what happened last year than what you have coming back, and they had a really solid year last year.