Diboll (29) @ Woodville (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

To me this will be the for the district championship for now until we play the winner of this game next week... I wonder how Westwood's QB will fare against Diboll's D.

Championship might be decided in 4 weeks. Coldspring is work in progress. Got a lot of developing pieces rounding into form. Will be interesting to see how CS fairs against Woodville.

13 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Championship might be decided in 4 weeks. Coldspring is work in progress. Got a lot of developing pieces rounding into form. Will be interesting to see how CS fairs against Woodville.

I feel the same. I’ve not bought into the Westwood hype (will find out next Friday), but I’m looking forward to the Coldspring vs Woodville matchup. Right now I give the edge to Woodville but wouldn’t be surprised if Coldspring pulled it out. I will say that Diboll defends the slot T pretty well (Franklin had 162 total yards against Diboll) so I like Diboll’s chances against Coldspring if they get past everyone else before them. Just my opinion on the unpredictable world of high school football. Gotta love it! 

8 hours ago, Woodshed said:

I feel the same. I’ve not bought into the Westwood hype (will find out next Friday), but I’m looking forward to the Coldspring vs Woodville matchup. Right now I give the edge to Woodville but wouldn’t be surprised if Coldspring pulled it out. I will say that Diboll defends the slot T pretty well (Franklin had 162 total yards against Diboll) so I like Diboll’s chances against Coldspring if they get past everyone else before them. Just my opinion on the unpredictable world of high school football. Gotta love it! 

I would agree, not sure if Westwood has had the most difficult pre district schedule, while Diboll has, they have played Madisonville 5-0, Franklin, 5-0, and Kirbyville, 4-1.  They have been tested.  Diboll’s two losses are to Madisonville and Franklin, and not blow outs either.  Diboll will be ready 

11 hours ago, Woodshed said:

My opinion is that he will have some success on designed QB runs (if they complete a few short routes) although Diboll is very stout defending the run. I think he will struggle in the pocket unless Westwood has a stellar pass block on the Oline. To me his success in this game will depend on his run pass decision making when he rolls out to the left of right. Diboll has a decent pass rush and has speed in the secondary, so rolling out to one side makes things interesting. This shortens the field which creates the opportunity for big offensive or defensive plays since both offense and defense is flowing in the same direction. Personally I think Diboll will do fine because I do not believe their QB has seen too many quality defenses based off their pre-district schedule. 

It will be a good one for sure as this will be Westwood's biggest test thus far.  I'm pretty sure if Diboll limit Westwood's QB designed plays specifically for him then they should win it by a pretty good margin.

11 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You could be right.  If they can put it all together before Woodville then yes.  The Crockett game should help with them getting together although we're not looking past them either.