Tatum (14) @ Lumberton (44) - FINAL

jdawg03

Much respect to Tatum, players were tired but they did not give up. The way game started I was expecting a shoot out. Defense stepped up and was able to shut down the run. Offense were able to drive the ball and wear out defense. This game was a game between two coaching friends. Best of luck to Tatum going into district play. Lumberton enjoy the night. Start getting ready to defend your district championship. 

After watching both games last year and this year, here is what I personally know from the film and both games. Lumberton was better last year due to O-Line and Secondary play. Tatum was better last year due to their D-Line play. Last years game was a barn burner due to the on field temp of 140-150F on the turf @ 1300 in Lufkin. Both teams were gassed. That equalized the game because no coach conditions their team like 10-15 yrs ago.Everyone talked crap on Lumberton about not blowing Tatum out because of classification. Non of it has a bearing moving forward in all actuality! Good luck to Tatum the rest of the way. All tonight did was help us prepare for Vidor and their offense. Hopefully they don’t hit us over & over with the pass to the TE or bubble out of the backfield like years ago when Dubois was their OC! 

7 hours ago, TEagle8 said:

You even know football? What in the world of the history of Pigskin makes you think that's the wishbone?

1. We got 6 or 7 starting both ways. Depth killing us. 

2. Yalls DL vs our OL is a massacre.

3. Last 4 defensive series haven't been horrible. Offense gotta give help.

4. Ref placed a PI call at spot of foul inside the 5....not half the distance to the goal. Don't hurt the lil guys....we in bad shape as it is. 

5. Lumberton at full strength and I wish they still weren't. Different team with no injuries. Lol

Nope I don't know football. I said Lumberton would win convincingly, I said after the first drive Lumberton would score 40+... what I do know is that seemed like a brilliant game plan with a 3 man defensive front with lumbertons size and a RB over 200 lbs. Also playing 10 yards off the ball in the secondary most of the plays.... need me to keep going?

12 hours ago, TEagle8 said:

Crow? Yall played a team with less than half yalls enrollment. Did I predict a win? Did I say we'd show up and try to punch yall in the mouth again? Did we not try? Go to bed. Tatum ride or die, sir. Where were you when it was a 6 point game to baby Tatum last year? Good luck the rest of the way, sir. 

Why are you responding to a post by Dirty but dazzling as if you had made the post ?

12 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

well,well, well I am officially opening my mouth and inserting foot!

I had the comment that the Eagles didn't need to worry much and Lumberton wasn't the same as last year.

oooops

Eating crow now LOL

Lumberton’s OL starting to get things figured out, seen lineman staying with their blocks and going down field with the play looking for someone to block.  Also on a play that Tatum LB stunted thru the gap on passing play, RB made the block and allowed QB to complete pass . Defense made adjustments and controlled the line of scrimmage. Lot less penalties.These are the types of things that a good team will do. 👍👍👍👍

10 hours ago, Gameday2 said:

Lumberton’s OL starting to get things figured out, seen lineman staying with their blocks and going down field with the play looking for someone to block.  Also on a play that Tatum LB stunted thru the gap on passing play, RB made the block and allowed QB to complete pass . Defense made adjustments and controlled the line of scrimmage. Lot less penalties.These are the types of things that a good team will do. 👍👍👍👍

Agreed. But they have a long way to go playing like-sized opponents. Still a major issue in my book. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Agreed. But they have a long way to go playing like-sized opponents. Still a major issue in my book. 

I agree, good to see that they are improving and not satisfied with staying status quo. Hope they are practicing hard and staying focused, all of them. A few still need to get in shape because of missing early part of season due to injuries. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Raider players and coaches are going have to commit to working to improve on the things that they see when they watch the game films. Pretty sure this group will not just be satisfied with making it to the playoffs, the bar has been set. But they have a lot they need to improve on. And they need to start working now, putting in the extra work if they want to make a run. 

21 minutes ago, Gameday2 said:

Raider players and coaches are going have to commit to working to improve on the things that they see when they watch the game films. Pretty sure this group will not just be satisfied with making it to the playoffs, the bar has been set. But they have a lot they need to improve on. And they need to start working now, putting in the extra work if they want to make a run. 

That's true, but it's hard to improve on size and strength and agility on the O Line. Some of that stuff you're just born with.

21 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That's true, but it's hard to improve on size and strength and agility on the O Line. Some of that stuff you're just born with.

I agree: that is why it is so important that they are taught and coached the position and responsibilities. And just to develop a hard nose attitude, may not win the battle ever time but going to try every time.