BH Vs. LaPorte

BHFAN

BH Vs. LaPorte  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• BH
    • LaPorte

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

As far is football is concerned, homecoming is the most overblown thing ever. It actually can distract the home team to a degree. 

It seems you are trying very hard to spin LP as some sort of "disrespected victim" to rile things up against BH. 

It won't work. BH is walking MASH unit and is dealing with possible HC distractions. LP is playing at their home away from home.  

Advantage LP. 

Possible head coach distractions? 

56 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Will it be televised?  I don't think LP spots net will be allowed to run right as the visitors? 

I sure hope so. I thought BH had a deal with Texan Live, thus NFHS…

Maybe BHFan can clue us in?

EDIT:

I just looked at Texanlive site & didn’t see the game listed. Do they ever add through the week?

2 hours ago, OlDawg said:

I sure hope so. I thought BH had a deal with Texan Live, thus NFHS…

Maybe BHFan can clue us in?

EDIT:

I just looked at Texanlive site & didn’t see the game listed. Do they ever add through the week?

Tuesday's are when they usually put out their complete schedule for the week.

30 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Well, how many points did they score after he went out?

True, but BH was starting to limit his production mid second quarter though. We wouldn’t have completely shut him down , but just by the fact that he was knocked out of the game twice shows we weren’t going to let him beat us. Coaches made some great adjustments with what they had. 

15 hours ago, OlDawg said:

In all seriousness, if LP doesn’t hold onto the ball any better than they did against y’all, your score prediction could be very accurate. Especially, if the t/o’s happen early. They’ve got to clean that up.

Same BH fumbled I think 3 times and recovered 1. Also the DB’s missed about three interceptions that hit them in the hands. Gotta clean that up.

18 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Same BH fumbled I think 3 times and recovered 1. Also the DB’s missed about three interceptions that hit them in the hands. Gotta clean that up.

Probably won’t have to worry about missing interceptions too much. If y’all do, the game’s already in hand. I hope LP doesn’t try to get cute. They should just play to their strength (power football/execution/ball control), and let the chips fall. If they execute, BH chances are minimized. LP can—repeat can—control the clock and game flow better than most.

Up until the last 4-5 years with all the staff turnover, that’s what they were known for. That, and hard-nosed D.

Berneathy was a part of that history, and is quickly bringing it back. Not all the way there yet. But, it’s coming. I see glimpses of the old LP in this team.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

True, but BH was starting to limit his production mid second quarter though. We wouldn’t have completely shut him down , but just by the fact that he was knocked out of the game twice shows we weren’t going to let him beat us. Coaches made some great adjustments with what they had. 

I kept saying is there any playing in the playbook like a counter where 14 would get the ball away from where 2 was going, but then again they still can’t even line up lol.

10 hours ago, CougarCal said:

If you were smart enough to read between the lines, the play call I was talking about is what you’re going to see a lot of Friday night, but you’re not 

Wouldn’t be surprised to even see some true Wing T in selected spots. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them use it in a couple key instances. The RB situation is definitely stocked for the possibility.

What I’ve enjoyed so far (getting into the weeds I know) is watching LP’s NG & the OL (#74) has been fun. The Texans could learn some stuff from LP’s OL. Ha!

I know we always focus on the skill players. But, these guys (OL) are talented & have had a year plus in the new schemes now. They’re starting to put it together. As they go, so goes LP.

45 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to even see some true Wing T in selected spots. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them use it in a couple key instances. The RB situation is definitely stocked for the possibility.

What I’ve enjoyed so far (getting into the weeds I know) is watching LP’s NG & the OL (#74) has been fun. The Texans could learn some stuff from LP’s OL. Ha!

I know we always focus on the skill players. But, these guys (OL) are talented & have had a year plus in the new schemes now. They’re starting to put it together. As they go, so goes LP.

I think LP will score, but your defense will definitely need to play well.  It’s going to be a fun game to watch.  Good look to y’all and hopefully everyone is healthy afterwards.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

I think LP will score, but your defense will definitely need to play well.  It’s going to be a fun game to watch.  Good look to y’all and hopefully everyone is healthy afterwards.

LP held a decent Lee team in check except for one long QB run in trash time (Duncan’s pretty good BTW), and had 2 goal line stands against a full set of downs each time. Still, I don’t think they’re strong enough to stand on their own against an attack like BH. LP’s O will need to have time consuming, point resulting drives to help them out.

Yes. Everyone healthy. Last year, the teams played hard—but clean. Don’t see why it can’t be that way again.

Going to wade back in as an outsider into this discussion. I will be shocked if LP makes BH punt the ball at all while the game is still in doubt. Lee had guys running wide open down field multiple times and just couldn't connect which is why Lee isn't as good as BH or LP. After seeing BH against Crosby(was watching both games at the same time) I don't think BH is going to be over throwing and under throwing those wide open balls down the field.  Unless they get stuck with a penalty and some mishandling of the ball, I don't see a scenario where BH gets stopped this game. I would expect 4 or more 50 plus yard touchdowns passes. 

I don't think BH will have the same difficulty with this running game as they did with Crosby. This one is more about assignments whereas you could have all the guys in the right assignments and #2 and #14 for Crosby will just plow over a guy and juke quickly around another. LP has guys that are going to get the yards that are there but not a lot more.

They have to have it blocked up and executed properly to get their 5 yards each time. I don't see that as being sustainable against BH. 

35 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Going to wade back in as an outsider into this discussion. I will be shocked if LP makes BH punt the ball at all while the game is still in doubt. Lee had guys running wide open down field multiple times and just couldn't connect which is why Lee isn't as good as BH or LP. After seeing BH against Crosby(was watching both games at the same time) I don't think BH is going to be over throwing and under throwing those wide open balls down the field.  Unless they get stuck with a penalty and some mishandling of the ball, I don't see a scenario where BH gets stopped this game. I would expect 4 or more 50 plus yard touchdowns passes. 

I don't think BH will have the same difficulty with this running game as they did with Crosby. This one is more about assignments whereas you could have all the guys in the right assignments and #2 and #14 for Crosby will just plow over a guy and juke quickly around another. LP has guys that are going to get the yards that are there but not a lot more.

They have to have it blocked up and executed properly to get their 5 yards each time. I don't see that as being sustainable against BH. 

You’re pretty accurate with a lot of your assessments, BH was missing a lot on defense, if they can get a couple back, it probably won’t be close.  

Hoping to get one LB back this game. Not sure about our D1 commit LB, but when he’s back BH will be set. Hope we can get through this healthy and of course a victory. Then get heathy through an easier part of the schedule and a bye week. LP’s offense is tough to defend, but if we stay disciplined and bend but don’t break we have the personnel to limit it. This game like most will be determined in the trenches and we do pretty good there. Another factor of course is turnovers! BH fumbled deep in BH territory right before the half to set Crosby up for a TD going into the half. Also fumbled on the Crosby 2 yard line! Those are killers and have to be corrected. 

OlDawg, do y’all still have that little RB that torched us last year? That dude was definitely a problem🙄

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Hoping to get one LB back this game. Not sure about our D1 commit LB, but when he’s back BH will be set. Hope we can get through this healthy and of course a victory. Then get heathy through an easier part of the schedule and a bye week. LP’s offense is tough to defend, but if we stay disciplined and bend but don’t break we have the personnel to limit it. This game like most will be determined in the trenches and we do pretty good there. Another factor of course is turnovers! BH fumbled deep in BH territory right before the half to set Crosby up for a TD going into the half. Also fumbled on the Crosby 2 yard line! Those are killers and have to be corrected. 

OlDawg, do y’all still have that little RB that torched us last year? That dude was definitely a problem🙄

I haven’t seen #23 play this year if that’s who you mean. He was the speedy one. There are 2 Jrs & 1 Soph move up from JV that are getting the downs now. One of the Jrs. played full time with #23 last year. They are all fairly straight ahead, put their head down and get N/S runners. None are what I would call flashy. None go down easily with the first defender. All are what I would consider patient runners for their level.

It’s really a fairly boring attack to watch. But, it chews clock.