BH Vs. LaPorte

BHFAN

BH Vs. LaPorte  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• BH
    • LaPorte

We got a good one this week. BH will attempt to avenge another loss they had from last year. Both teams return a lot this season with BH returning 7/6 and LaPorte returning 8/6. Last year BH fell to The bulldogs 34-27 @ LaPorte and this year the game is at BH. LaPorte has been using Eagle Stadium as their home field this year, so the home field advantage kind of dwindles. BH comes in@ 4-0 while LaPorte comes in at 3-1 with their only loss coming from their cross town rival Deer Park. BH will have a tall task containing the run game of the bulldogs as will they in containing the air attack of the eagles.  You know who I got! Eagles by 7

Goes without saying BH will attempt to score early & build a lead. The longer the game goes in a low scoring manner, LP gains advantage.

LP D will be tested. Pass D has historically not been a strength, and this year is no different. LP secondary is on the smallish side & young. What they do possess is speed. Getting outside has been difficult for opponents. But, for every big play they make, they get burned. So it goes with youth. ADVANTAGE: BH passing game.

BH D will be tested. LP will run multiple formations with misdirection & multiple backs. Each are co-starters on any team in the district. There’s literally no drop off between them. The slot man is another formidable weapon with speed. If BH attempts fast penetration, LP will trap and gap. ADVANTAGE: LP ground game.

ST seem to be somewhat of a wash. I would say both staffs are very capable.

Turnovers will be magnified in this game. BH will need to maximize their possessions. They basically need to steal a couple. There won’t be that many chances. LP is very good at 3rd & even 4th down conversions.

I’m going with a low scoring game. Over/Under of 50. Something along the lines of 24-21.

Have to be a homer.

Go Dawgs!

The one thing different this year for the Eagles is they won’t overlook the Dawgs. I think last year after an emotional OT win over Crosby they let their guard down and thought LaPorte wouldn’t be up to the task. Another big thing this year for the Eagles is our RB’s which allows us to control the game a little more. RB1 got 147 yards on Crosby and gets better each week. BH has turned into a balanced attack this year with really no one to key on as we spread the ball around. Against Crosby QB 1 threw for just over 200 yards for 5 TD’s to 4 receivers! BH hit around 250 on the ground the same game. The BH defense came in banged up but by mid 2nd quarter they had it figured out pitching a shutout in the second half. LaPorte will be another challenge this week for sure can’t wait to see how the defense responds 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

The one thing different this year for the Eagles is they won’t overlook the Dawgs. I think last year after an emotional OT win over Crosby they let their guard down and thought LaPorte wouldn’t be up to the task. Another big thing this year for the Eagles is our RB’s which allows us to control the game a little more. RB1 got 147 yards on Crosby and gets better each week. BH has turned into a balanced attack this year with really no one to key on as we spread the ball around. Against Crosby QB 1 threw for just over 200 yards for 5 TD’s to 4 receivers! BH hit around 250 on the ground the same game. The BH defense came in banged up but by mid 2nd quarter they had it figured out pitching a shutout in the second half. LaPorte will be another challenge this week for sure can’t wait to see how the defense responds 

Sounds impressive. Not sure LP should even waste the gas money making the trip.

1 hour ago, Old Ape said:

If either offense gets really rolling it could be ugly. If both sides get rolling it could be really interesting. 
BH usually is a lot better at home! I told y’all last week that BH is slow D! Better get that fixed this week!

Not slow just banged up. We fixed it second half of Crosby game no worries 

1 hour ago, Old Ape said:

If either offense gets really rolling it could be ugly. If both sides get rolling it could be really interesting. 
BH usually is a lot better at home! I told y’all last week that BH is slow D! Better get that fixed this week!

True. Thought this as well. Just have a gut feeling it’s gonna be a different type ballgame this time. No real reason.

Excited to see how LP stacks up against a really solid team. They’re ahead of where I thought they’d be with the new coaching staff already.

10 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

Sandbagging is only necessary during the hurricane.

What part is not true? I would LOVE to say BH is at full strength, but if you are reading through these threads the past few weeks you know that is no where near the case. 

And you are playing at your home away from home, right? 

Zero sandbagging. I am 100% accurate in my statements. 

The Eagles want revenge & it’s Homecoming. The Dawgs—on the other hand—have never been scheduled as someone’s Homecoming opponent in all my years of remembering. (Which is a pretty long time. Ha!)

If they have, I bet I could count the times on one hand with fingers left over.

We used to consider being scheduled as someone’s Homecoming opponent as a slam. Wonder how the young men feel about it now?

Hmmm…

As far is football is concerned, homecoming is the most overblown thing ever. It actually can distract the home team to a degree. 

It seems you are trying very hard to spin LP as some sort of "disrespected victim" to rile things up against BH. 

It won't work. BH is walking MASH unit and is dealing with possible HC distractions. LP is playing at their home away from home.  

Advantage LP. 

1 hour ago, OlDawg said:

The Eagles want revenge & it’s Homecoming. The Dawgs—on the other hand—have never been scheduled as someone’s Homecoming opponent in all my years of remembering. (Which is a pretty long time. Ha!)

If they have, I bet I could count the times on one hand with fingers left over.

We used to consider being scheduled as someone’s Homecoming opponent as a slam. Wonder how the young men feel about it now?

Hmmm…

Lol , I’m sure it’s due to us sharing the stadium or we would schedule GCM like everyone else 😂

21 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

Crosby had the two best athletes on the field when they were on offense against BH. I thought BH might have problems with them.

That won't be the case with LP. They do it more with execution and trickery.

I am a Baytown fan but I have seen both BH and LP play. Just providing my opinion. We can revisit this weekend.

In all seriousness, if LP doesn’t hold onto the ball any better than they did against y’all, your score prediction could be very accurate. Especially, if the t/o’s happen early. They’ve got to clean that up.

19 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

One thing is for sure since LP fans are used to traveling to The Hill, the stands should be packed on both sides for this one😃

I’ll have to watch from home. Wife isn’t mobile enough to get into the stadiums without pretty good handicap facilities nowadays. Part of the reason we’re excited about LP’s new digs. We had to drop our season tickets a few years ago after about 28 years.

10 hours ago, OlDawg said:

I’ll have to watch from home. Wife isn’t mobile enough to get into the stadiums without pretty good handicap facilities nowadays. Part of the reason we’re excited about LP’s new digs. We had to drop our season tickets a few years ago after about 28 years.

Will it be televised?  I don't think LP spots net will be allowed to run right as the visitors?