BH Vs. LaPorte

BHFAN

BH Vs. LaPorte  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• BH
    • LaPorte

4 hours ago, OlDawg said:

I haven’t seen #23 play this year if that’s who you mean. He was the speedy one. There are 2 Jrs & 1 Soph move up from JV that are getting the downs now. One of the Jrs. played full time with #23 last year. They are all fairly straight ahead, put their head down and get N/S runners. None are what I would call flashy. None go down easily with the first defender. All are what I would consider patient runners for their level.

It’s really a fairly boring attack to watch. But, it chews clock.

Looking at the stats last year it was #23 and #3 that did the most damage, but #3 did more. I just remember he was small a shifty and nobody could see him behind the line 😂. Once that dude popped out from behind the line he was in the secondary.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Looking at the stats last year it was #23 and #3 that did the most damage, but #3 did more. I just remember he was small a shifty and nobody could see him behind the line 😂. Once that dude popped out from behind the line he was in the secondary.

3 is the returning Jr. Yes. He had 140 or more last game splitting time & coming out early. #6 is the other Jr. Slightly different style. More direct, straight N/S runner. Doesn’t avoid contact. Instigates it much of the time.

3 doesn’t seem fast. But, if you recall, his speed is deceptive. Yes, he’s very patient behind his big linemen…until he pops out.

Neither one are big. The Soph call up from JV is the biggest. He’s gonna be special. I think he may be related to a former player. Maybe a son. His name is familiar. He busted about 6 tackles straight up the gut for a 30+ yd TD before the last 2 passing TD’s.

LP totaled over 300 yards rushing & 110 passing against Lee. Substitutions began early/mid 3rd.

Panama has his opinions, and he may be right. BH is impressive from the gamefilm I’ve seen. But, LP has been pretty methodical this year. Not flashy. Patient & methodical. More of a team effort than individual stars.

After witnessing Crosby exposing BH run defense last week and two starting LBs still out, BH may have to outscore LP this week. They will rack up some yards based on what I know about this offense. The winner of this contest will most likely be the one with the least mistakes costing offensive possessions to go along with some timely 4th down stops. I don’t see this getting too much out of hand by either team. 

On 9/19/2023 at 11:38 AM, panamamyers said:

Going to wade back in as an outsider into this discussion. I will be shocked if LP makes BH punt the ball at all while the game is still in doubt. Lee had guys running wide open down field multiple times and just couldn't connect which is why Lee isn't as good as BH or LP. After seeing BH against Crosby(was watching both games at the same time) I don't think BH is going to be over throwing and under throwing those wide open balls down the field.  Unless they get stuck with a penalty and some mishandling of the ball, I don't see a scenario where BH gets stopped this game. I would expect 4 or more 50 plus yard touchdowns passes. 

I don't think BH will have the same difficulty with this running game as they did with Crosby. This one is more about assignments whereas you could have all the guys in the right assignments and #2 and #14 for Crosby will just plow over a guy and juke quickly around another. LP has guys that are going to get the yards that are there but not a lot more.

They have to have it blocked up and executed properly to get their 5 yards each time. I don't see that as being sustainable against BH. 

This didn’t age well. 😂

1 minute ago, panamamyers said:

Man. I knew this was coming.

LP surprised me with how well they showed up their passing defense from last week to this or maybe just different matchups.

I go on record on a lot of different game predictions so bound to get some way wrong sometimes.

Good win.

Had to harass ya! LOL