Deer Park (45) @ Beaumont West Brook (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Beaumont West Brook - 6A-21-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Deer Park- 6A-22-1
Record: Unknown
District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

11 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

My thoughts, exactly. Langston ain't getting it done. Pathetic, and embarrassing. 

My brother in Christ... Vince Lombardi couldn't win games with West Brook right now. There's so many things wrong there and in the city. Easy to blame coaching, but nobody wants to acknowledge the truth about how terrible the culture of the school and city is. The kids run the school. Discipline is a joke at West Brook. Also, don't just say there's "talent" there, when really, there isn't much. Every year young families move out of Beaumont more and more. The city has to give these kids a reason to love football. It is a basketball city now. If the kids who play basketball all played football too, it would be a different story. But look at the facilities and the fields Beaumont football kids practice on every day. Some of the worst in the entire state. We got 2A and 3A schools with better and nicer stuff than the 2 biggest schools in SETX. That's what is sad and pathetic. 

4 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

My brother in Christ... Vince Lombardi couldn't win games with West Brook right now. There's so many things wrong there and in the city. Easy to blame coaching, but nobody wants to acknowledge the truth about how terrible the culture of the school and city is. The kids run the school. Discipline is a joke at West Brook. Also, don't just say there's "talent" there, when really, there isn't much. Every year young families move out of Beaumont more and more. The city has to give these kids a reason to love football. It is a basketball city now. If the kids who play basketball all played football too, it would be a different story. But look at the facilities and the fields Beaumont football kids practice on every day. Some of the worst in the entire state. We got 2A and 3A schools with better and nicer stuff than the 2 biggest schools in SETX. That's what is sad and pathetic. 

You hit the nail on the head.  People want to blame the coaching because it makes them feel better that the talent just isn’t there and they don’t want to acknowledge the issues with the district. BISD becoming more inner city like HISD with dominant basketball and lauaghable football.  It’s not the coaches fault they don’t have much talent or the kids have no discipline.  

5 hours ago, BMT Truth said:

Bingo 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:05 AM, BMT Truth said:

Whether its a basketball, tennis ping pong, or whatever sport city it is, it still takes a lot of commitment from families to help train the kids to their craft. I dont know about yall but i go to the games and look at the games from a coaching aspect and player aspect. You say there isnt talent when there is. These same kids can go to 5A, 4A, 3A, TAPPS and win games. They have colleges looking at a few kids off that team so i cant say there isnt talent. Especially when you have district leading players returning or "highly recruited" players on the team or that was removed from the team. You can only ask your defense for so much... I saw something on facebook where the conversation was asked who could west brook beat in the area.. And i think every team in the area. Then the statements were made that silsbee, pa, wos, png could compete in 21-6A. MAN PLEASE! MASSACRES every friday night. 21-6A along with 6A in general is bigger and faster more depth than SE TX. You give any team WB schedule and they'll be 0-3 right now as well.

9 hours ago, lil tokyo said:

Whether its a basketball, tennis ping pong, or whatever sport city it is, it still takes a lot of commitment from families to help train the kids to their craft. I dont know about yall but i go to the games and look at the games from a coaching aspect and player aspect. You say there isnt talent when there is. These same kids can go to 5A, 4A, 3A, TAPPS and win games. They have colleges looking at a few kids off that team so i cant say there isnt talent. Especially when you have district leading players returning or "highly recruited" players on the team or that was removed from the team. You can only ask your defense for so much... I saw something on facebook where the conversation was asked who could west brook beat in the area.. And i think every team in the area. Then the statements were made that silsbee, pa, wos, png could compete in 21-6A. MAN PLEASE! MASSACRES every friday night. 21-6A along with 6A in general is bigger and faster more depth than SE TX. You give any team WB schedule and they'll be 0-3 right now as well.

I think people were saying WB would competitive in 5A D1, but still struggle for playoffs Ain’t nobody on this board dumb enough to say their school would hang in that 6A district.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, Oldschool16 said:

You hit the nail on the head.  People want to blame the coaching because it makes them feel better that the talent just isn’t there and they don’t want to acknowledge the issues with the district. BISD becoming more inner city like HISD with dominant basketball and lauaghable football.  It’s not the coaches fault they don’t have much talent or the kids have no discipline.  

West Brook has kids bailing out of the football program to surrounding area schools because of the coaching. The Bruins were a couple years removed from competing for the state championship and a making a second round appearance the year before the current coaching staff was hired. For whatever reason, the kids at WB do not believe in the current coach. Its evidenced by their performance on the field. Hell the one of the most important aspects to coaching on this level is building relationships. Our current coach is a really good guy, but as a head coach at this particular school, he's not working out. From the second round of the playoffs the year before this staff was hired, WB has went to 5-5. 1-9, and will more than likely not win a game this season.