Beaumont United at png

lcm93

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

19 minutes ago, alwaysright said:

Over the years coaching has been suspect at all Beaumont schools. This is the best coaches they’ve had.

WB- Alex Durley (best coach). later years with Stump and guy that went to LCM

Central- Sedberry or Foreman

Ozen- Probably Louis

United ?

Ozen - Brooks

Central - Stowers

Brook - Durley

United - …to be determined 

16 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You comparing 5A D2 to 6A ball let’s me know you are truly the dumb a** PNG wouldn’t make the playoffs in not one of the 6A districts I mentioned…y’all really gotta get out of y’all setx bubble 😂😂😂

and u a bigger dumb azz for thinking and wanting United to play "mediocre" 6a teams when they can't beat 5a d2 teams. make it make since azz clown. i see u a madden hero

15 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I don’t know who BU “should” be playing this week. They’re playing PNG. Memorial was tough and good for us in a lot of ways. Big, fast, physical. We made too many mistakes. Hopefully, we learned important lessons from it. I expect to see offensive and QB improvement from PNG, and the defense will build on their good experience and performance last week. I’ll take PNG by two scores. 

You remember last year, when PN-G took the worst season opener loss in school history to Memorial, 50-15 in Port Neches, and then turned around and beat United 49-0 at BISD’s [insert name here] Stadium the very next week?

Apparently nobody in 6A does.

45 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

You remember last year, when PN-G took the worst season opener loss in school history to Memorial, 50-15 in Port Neches, and then turned around and beat United 49-0 at BISD’s [insert name here] Stadium the very next week?

Apparently nobody in 6A does.

That was last year. 

6 hours ago, pakronos said:

and u a bigger dumb azz for thinking and wanting United to play "mediocre" 6a teams when they can't beat 5a d2 teams. make it make since azz clown. i see u a madden hero

You don’t understand football or coaching so I don’t expect you to get it! Your non district schedule isn’t about winning or losing you schedule to prepare you for district/playoff competition. But of course you wouldn't know things like this…playing PNG does nothing to prepare you for 21-6A level talent! If you can’t comprehend that then you should probably stick to your day job & stay off sports forums.

14 hours ago, alwaysright said:

Forgot about Stowers. You picking Brooks over coach Lou? I may be bias on that one.

I remember when Ozen first opened, they had some incredible talent.    Being an offensive guy himself, Louis always had a very good offense.   Big linemen and some outstanding receivers.

On 8/28/2023 at 8:13 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, it doesn’t get any more mediocre in 6A than Brazoswood. They’re one of those “dial a W” squads no good teams around here really even play. Every now and then they play Angleton in non-district because it’s right up the street but they’re generally viewed as so bad all they can get is teams like Sterling and Northbrook like they have this year, oh and BU. 

Coach Willis talked about playing well coached teams so you can steal the stuff they do. While I think we all agree playing PNG doesn’t help BU physically for what they’ll see in 6A, they may not play a team on their schedule better coached scheme wise. Those are the type things you would hope BU could take advantage of before the program got better and you couldn’t play games like that. BU also need to figure out why PNG has less talent but better football players? 

What I’m saying about BU vs North Shore’s football playing populations is that even with split up schools North Shore is playing with about 1,045 to BU’s 1,440. There’s no difference in the two schools economically, facilities wise yes, but if BU could manage to put a decent product on the field they could increase participation and incoming transfer rates which would lead to being successful even quicker. All that aside, even now with those numbers BU should be in the conversation. 

The win over WB this year will do just that...

On 8/29/2023 at 9:16 AM, ozens fastest@1906 said:

Yall dont get it, the AD is a basketball guy who didn't coach very long if at all that I can remember. So fighting to put football in a better situation at both schools is not at the top of the list "maybe not even on the list" 

I agree...

14 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

You don’t understand football or coaching so I don’t expect you to get it! Your non district schedule isn’t about winning or losing you schedule to prepare you for district/playoff competition. But of course you wouldn't know things like this…playing PNG does nothing to prepare you for 21-6A level talent! If you can’t comprehend that then you should probably stick to your day job & stay off sports forums.

Regardless, the schedule is what it is at this point.  Nothing can be changed about it.  

Back to predictions...

It's hard for me to judge what I saw in attendance at the Brazoswood @ BU game last week.  Whether BU has improved or Brazoswood is just that bad.  I'd like to lean to Coach Colbert having the Wolves heading in the right direction.  If it wasn't for a 2 big plays given up in the 1st and 4th quarter, along with a FG being taken off the scoreboard and Wood punching it in for 7 on the next play, BU is 1-0. 

Some would say it's an upset but like "alwaysright" has stated, a 6A school should beat a 5A school.  Wolves get their first win of the year Friday night...

22 hours ago, pakronos said:

You're right but I see what Izzy is saying too. If PNG is whipping your but then why are you clamoring for bigger games? On the flip side if you don't play those bigger games then how do you expect to raise your level of play? Tough position to be in for BU but at the end of the day they're the ones responsible. 

Two years ago Crosby came to The Reservation and was goal line fumble by my little guy away from dropping 75. Fast forward one year later after making one hire and they're in the title game. North Shore has always been good, but it wasn't until they gave the job to Jon Kay that they reached the level they are now. Duncanville has always been one of the most talented teams in the state but the last decade or so before Samples got there they couldn't even make the playoffs consistently. I guess I may be the only one but I think BU is also one hire away from putting a competitive product on the field. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Two years ago Crosby came to The Reservation and was goal line fumble by my little guy away from dropping 75. Fast forward one year later after making one hire and they're in the title game. North Shore has always been good, but it wasn't until they gave the job to Jon Kay that they reached the level they are now. Duncanville has always been one of the most talented teams in the state but the last decade or so before Samples got there they couldn't even make the playoffs consistently. I guess I may be the only one but I think BU is also one hire away from putting a competitive product on the field. 

Man, I THINK Colbert could be the guy.  I like him better than A. L. and M. G. as for what he is doing with the program.  I'm not going to solely judge him on his wins and loses THIS year in that tough 6A district.  It was still a loss against Brazoswood last week but unlike teams in the past, they didn't quit when down a couple of scores.  I'll be at the Reservation Friday and expect the same effort.  

Indians should always play local talent in the pre-season.  It allows the players to prepare for quality football teams without the worry of long travel prior to the game.  This said, I will always support our Indians playing the Beaumont schools.  You are more than welcome to "The Reservation" on Friday night.  Great game for both teams.  I am truly excited for this one.  Hope both teams give their best effort every play.  "INDIAN PRIDE FROM SIDE TO SIDE🏈"

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This simply isn’t true Cougar…DV didn’t have anywhere close to the talent it has now until Samples arrived! His ability to recruit is widely known throughout the coaching circles and I don't knock him for it. But we have to be honest, look at skyline before & after he left. And look at them now lol you think all of that talent magically disappeared from Skyline all of a sudden? Don’t be naive bro 

20 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

let me speak slowly and in BIG CAPS. IF...BU...CAN'T...BEAT...A...TEAM...IN...5A..THAT...DONKEY...STOMPS... THEM...ON...THE...REGULAR...,...WHAT...WILL....THEY ...LEARN...FROM...A...6A...TEAM...THATS...GOING...TO...DO..THE...SAME...THING?

I...CAN...SEE...IF...BU...WAS...MOLLY...WHOPPIN..PNG...EVERY...YEAR...THEN....YOUR...POINT... WOULD..BE.... VALID....CAUSE...IT....DOESN'T....HELP...THEM....PLAYING..A....TEAM...THEY...CAN...EASILY...BEAT...NOW...PUT...YOUR...SAFTEY...HELMET..ON...WIPE... YOUR....DROOL....AND...DRINK....FROM...YOUR...JUICE..BOX...................U....BIG....DUMB...AZZ....

9 minutes ago, pakronos said:

let me speak slowly and in BIG CAPS. IF...BU...CAN'T...BEAT...A...TEAM...IN...5A..THAT...DONKEY...STOMPS... THEM...ON...THE...REGULAR...,...WHAT...WILL....THEY ...LEARN...FROM...A...6A...TEAM...THATS...GOING...TO...DO..THE...SAME...THING?

I...CAN...SEE...IF...BU...WAS...MOLLY...WHOPPIN..PNG...EVERY...YEAR...THEN....YOUR...POINT... WOULD..BE.... VALID....CAUSE...IT....DOESN'T....HELP...THEM....PLAYING..A....TEAM...THEY...CAN...EASILY...BEAT...NOW...PUT...YOUR...SAFTEY...HELMET..ON...WIPE... YOUR....DROOL....AND...DRINK....FROM...YOUR...JUICE..BOX...................U....BIG....DUMB...AZZ....

Again this is a hard concept to grasp for people like you who never played the game or coached it…