Hull-Daisetta (6) @ Kountze (49) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:30:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Kountze - 3A-12-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Hull-Daisetta- 2A-12-2
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 0

District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Live Broadcast

As usual, Kountze has a bunch of athletes. Not sure how good they'll be this year because they were head and shoulders bigger and more athletic than HD. You could tell before kickoff that this probably wasn't gonna be a competitive game. 

My biggest takeaway from the game is that #75 Chase Jones from Kountze is a BEAST. Kid is probably 6'3" around 270lbs and dominated every single snap. I honestly can't recall a small school defensive lineman in this area looking that impressive. Super athletic, fast, strong, and a non-stop motor. We'll be watching him play on Saturdays without a doubt. I remember watching Grayland Arnold for Kountze play HD a couple years and thinking, man this kid can PROBABLY start at a big D1 program. (Of course hes now an NFL veteran after a solid career at Baylor). With that being said, I KNOW this Jones kid can start at a big D1 program. 

8 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

As usual, Kountze has a bunch of athletes. Not sure how good they'll be this year because they were head and shoulders bigger and more athletic than HD. You could tell before kickoff that this probably wasn't gonna be a competitive game. 

My biggest takeaway from the game is that #75 Chase Jones from Kountze is a BEAST. Kid is probably 6'3" around 270lbs and dominated every single snap. I honestly can't recall a small school defensive lineman in this area looking that impressive. Super athletic, fast, strong, and a non-stop motor. We'll be watching him play on Saturdays without a doubt. I remember watching Grayland Arnold for Kountze play HD a couple years and thinking, man this kid can PROBABLY start at a big D1 program. (Of course hes now an NFL veteran after a solid career at Baylor). With that being said, I KNOW this Jones kid can start at a big D1 program. 

Interesting to see how he does against better competition… I’ll reserve the “We will be watching him on Saturdays opinion” but I’d imagine he could play at the next level based off his athleticism and size. What level at that next level is still to be determined.

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Interesting to see how he does against better competition… I’ll reserve the “We will be watching him on Saturdays opinion” but I’d imagine he could play at the next level based off his athleticism and size. What level at that next level is still to be determined.

Yeah that's probably a bold prediction on my part based on the level of competition from last night. HD does have a couple 290lb + kids that he was working over pretty bad (when they did get their hands on him). I pulled up his highlights from their scrimmage last week against Shepherd and he looked just as dominant. I'll be keeping an eye on him for sure.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:44 AM, BBfan061 said:

Lamar is always in the market for local/area talent.