West Orange-Stark @ Nederland

WOSdrummer99

Who wins?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2023 at 12:00 AM

Good luck to two of my favorite teams in our area. Nederland I hope to see you return to your former glory. WOS you guys are the leaders of our coverage area. We have leaned on you for so many years to be THE SETXSPORTS area powerhouse along with Newton. Best of luck to you guys. Things just do not seam right when you are not deep in the playoffs or in Dallas at the end of a season. Keep on keeping on Stangs. 110%

Just now, Reagan said:

So, there’s no room in that third press box?  

From my understanding, the middle box is for PA, scoreboard operator, timer and print media/scouts/admins. The other two boxes are for each teams coaching staffs and each team has a broadcast booth. It has always been a problem when the home team wants to have two broadcasts (in this case KLVI and Sheffield/Texan Live). If the visiting team has it's own broadcast entity, then that's where the space availability becomes a problem.

There have been situations where the home team basically says "screw the visitor broadcast" and gives the space to both home broadcasts. But the problem with that is when the home team has to return to that visitor's stadium and they aren't given the space to work in. I have personally seen this happen.

Since the video streaming started several years ago, this has been a problem in lot's of press boxes when the home team has two different broadcast entities.

Combining the two entities is most times not doable because each entity has it's own sponsors to run during commercial breaks. It works sometimes, but not mostly.

In Sheffield's case, I'm thinking he couldn't get a spot around the 50 yard line to have a good camera angle to do the game properly. I'm told that middle box is not for broadcasting. Be curious to see the camera angle for TL.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Correct. Losing the visitor press box probably cut down on broadcast space.

All broadcasts (both home and visitor) used that press box.

I wish they would have replaced/kept that press box on the visitor side for the  visiting team coaches… more room for media/college scouts in the pressbox 

37 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I didn’t either.. I was told someone said the subfloor was rotten? But instead of replacing and remodeling it they tore it all down… very bone head move on NISD part. 

A lot has to do with ADA regulations. If you do more than a certain amount of work, it has to be handicap accessible which means elevators and $$$.  The could have probably just changed out some plywood though. 

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

A lot has to do with ADA regulations. If you do more than a certain amount of work, it has to be handicap accessible which means elevators and $$$.  The could have probably just changed out some plywood though. 

So true.....ADA regulations are tough.

9 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is true. But also just changing out plywood they could have been ok. WOS kept their old booth.. lots of schools keeping their old booths for media and etc…