Crosby 2023

Cougar14.2

On 9/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, Concerned Citizen said:

Serious question: since it appears Crosby’s playoff hope is gone and things are dire, do they start focusing on next year? Should they start giving the underclass players some varsity reps, esp at the QB position?🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Honestly doesn't matter as long as this is the coaching staff. Pretty sure they won't be able to let the Coaches son run the offense without the kid getting some crazy flack right now. 

I wouldn't totally shut down the seniors, but the coach have to keep the program running. I say give those potential underclassmen some varsity reps. Case in point, seem like they have a Soph as the main WR. A 5A Div I team cannot survive when their top WR is a Soph. As many of you know, FB is won with upperclassmen and experience. This coaching carousel has not been good for the program. The bigger focus needs to be at the Youth and MS level, where the interest of players are garnered. As much as Crosby is growing it's a shame they are having trouble with participation. With that being said Crosby is growing tremendously, there seems to be a bigger issue at hand

If it's indeed the coach son that's next up, that's asking a lot for a kid to assume the QB role next year without any varsity reps. Therefore you are gonna have more of the same, lack of experience where is matters most.

This situation seems, at least on the surface, to be similar to when Gage took over at BH.  It felt like Gage didn't realize the skill set of the players already in the program and was just too stubborn/inflexible with his offensive scheme to properly utilize the talent he had. 

Is this a fair assessment of what is going on right now at Crosby or is it deeper than that?

21 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

I wouldn't totally shut down the seniors, but the coach have to keep the program running. I say give those potential underclassmen some varsity reps. Case in point, seem like they have a Soph as the main WR. A 5A Div I team cannot survive when their top WR is a Soph. As many of you know, FB is won with upperclassmen and experience. This coaching carousel has not been good for the program. The bigger focus needs to be at the Youth and MS level, where the interest of players are garnered. As much as Crosby is growing it's a shame they are having trouble with participation. With that being said Crosby is growing tremendously, there seems to be a bigger issue at hand

If it's indeed the coach son that's next up, that's asking a lot for a kid to assume the QB role next year without any varsity reps. Therefore you are gonna have more of the same, lack of experience where is matters most.

“5AD1” has also “not been good for the program”. 

1 hour ago, Old Ape said:

That kid lost to Crosby's Freshman team. Prieto's son and the WR who moved to NS were the dudes in that current 9th grade class. Both are gone now.

No idea, was just going by what 14.2 said which was the Kid that went to BH was in line and left because Prieto’s son would be the next QB. BH also has 3 Freshman teams , so not sure which one he QB’s for or if they moved him up to JV they beat Crosby I think it was 47-6.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, there is nothing to salvage this season. The coaching staff need to start preparing for next year, give the "next up" QB varsity reps. It won't be any hurt to the current QB, he already have a baseball scholarship to TCU. On the other hand, he can start getting ready for baseball season and college. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

If the coach does not make this move, he must have already made up his mind that he will not be here next year.

So I need everyone on this thread to send in their apologies to 14.2. LMAO

On 8/14/2023 at 2:01 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

What tentatively look to be Crosby's offensive skill starters based on this weekend's inter-squad scrimmage: 

QB: Kade Eudy - 6'1"/170lbs 

RB(A): Levi Fontenot - 5'11" - 197lbs

RB(B): Wesley Yarbrough - 5'11"/200lbs

TE: Cash Glover - 6'2"/205lbs

WR: Nick Samuel - 6'1"/180lbs

WR: Landen Hammer - 6'1"/185lbs

Who I could see with the 1's on the O-line

LT: Nate O'Flaherty - 6'3"/265

LG: AJ Johnson - 6'3"/330lbs

RT: Levi Langley - 6'4"/260lbs

- Defense wore jerseys with no numbers so really couldn't tell who all was out there. Will try to get the names and positions at the Lamar scrimmage Thursday 

Takeaways from the scrimmage: 

- Offensive 1's only scored once on the #1 defense. Starting receivers dropped two beautiful balls from Eudy. Overall executed the offense a little better than may be expected after only two weeks. 

- Defense is probably a step ahead of the offense which is what you would want at this point in the season considering the circumstances. LB's were the strongest position group as expected. 

- Team has the most size and depth since the Riordan days, 2013-2017 particularly 

🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣

I’d say that was a good assessment of the team and I think most people in Crosby will agree. What he failed to mention, was the total lack of coaching ability. I think if Prieto would have stayed, the team would look much different and so would their record. I’m good with everyone getting their jabs in at Crosby, the coaching staff deserves it all.

Side question:  Which SETX town was utilizing “For Sale” signs in the past ?  Asking for a friend. 

20 hours ago, CCRed said:

I’d say that was a good assessment of the team and I think most people in Crosby will agree. What he failed to mention, was the total lack of coaching ability. I think if Prieto would have stayed, the team would look much different and so would their record. I’m good with everyone getting their jabs in at Crosby, the coaching staff deserves it all.

Side question:  Which SETX town was utilizing “For Sale” signs in the past ?  Asking for a friend. 

At some point you have to actually look at who’s on the field and realize Crosby doesn’t have what they’ve had in the past. Other than a couple of guys.