Crosby 2023

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

That QB you’re not worried about lit the kittens up for 393 yards last year while all world Myles threw for 189 yards the same game 😂 yeah nothing to see here. Cyler received more yards than Myles threw for at 190….nothing here either. Keep writing that locker room material 😂 

Y’all were losing, y’all had to throw to come back because you couldn’t consistently run it. Probably had 150 yards on two of those and I believe it was the 81 yard TD came on a complete coverage bust on like 3rd and 20. Yep, best game of the season like I said. Scored 28 points. What happens the next week, doesn’t get near that you score 27 and lose. What I would be a heck of a lot more worried about is that he threw for almost 400 yards and you were a 2pt conversion stop away from still losing at home in your own stadium. See y’all in Crosby, you remember what happened last time y’all came to town. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

image.jpeg.ab754e663e801dc6321d4d339b77cfd3.jpeg

The program that has three semifinal and one state finals appearance within the last decade sucks .  .  .  but the team that in the same period that’s paid their head coach and families over $2M for one district championship and 1 more playoff win than Argyle, who just moved to 5A last year, and just finished 1 point away from consecutive 4th place finishes is on the rise? Only Cowboy fans 

Media day pics for the boys, along with compliance one of the main reasons a former alum was brought back into the fold. Girls will be getting the same treatment now too: 

This is the hidden content, please

What tentatively look to be Crosby's offensive skill starters based on this weekend's inter-squad scrimmage: 

QB: Kade Eudy - 6'1"/170lbs 

RB(A): Levi Fontenot - 5'11" - 197lbs

RB(B): Wesley Yarbrough - 5'11"/200lbs

TE: Cash Glover - 6'2"/205lbs

WR: Nick Samuel - 6'1"/180lbs

WR: Landen Hammer - 6'1"/185lbs

Who I could see with the 1's on the O-line

LT: Nate O'Flaherty - 6'3"/265

LG: AJ Johnson - 6'3"/330lbs

RT: Levi Langley - 6'4"/260lbs

- Defense wore jerseys with no numbers so really couldn't tell who all was out there. Will try to get the names and positions at the Lamar scrimmage Thursday 

Takeaways from the scrimmage: 

- Offensive 1's only scored once on the #1 defense. Starting receivers dropped two beautiful balls from Eudy. Overall executed the offense a little better than may be expected after only two weeks. 

- Defense is probably a step ahead of the offense which is what you would want at this point in the season considering the circumstances. LB's were the strongest position group as expected. 

- Team has the most size and depth since the Riordan days, 2013-2017 particularly 

47 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What tentatively look to be Crosby's offensive skill starters based on this weekend's inter-squad scrimmage: 

- Defense wore jerseys with no numbers so really couldn't tell who all was out there. Will try to get the names and positions at the Lamar scrimmage Thursday 

- Offensive 1's only scored once on the #1 defense. Starting receivers dropped two beautiful balls from Eudy. Overall executed the offense a little better than may be expected after only two weeks. 

- Defense is probably a step ahead of the offense which is what you would want at this point in the season considering the circumstances. LB's were the strongest position group as expected. 

- Team has the most size and depth since the Riordan days, 2013-2017 particularly 

Levi is a Senior and Wesley is a junior correct. 

13 hours ago, kenny powers said:

Why is Wesley so highly rated and Levi is not? 

The question should be why is Levi not rated as he should be. He looks the part, got it on tape,  measurables and academics. All I can say is that the scouts are asleep at the wheel. Lil cuz will definitely put them on notice once again this year. Good lord say the same and he stays healthy all year, expect big thangs from number 14 this yr. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Better yet why is Levi the A back with a 4 star on the roster? Sounds like daddy ball

I know you are just trying to get a jab at 14.2, but in all seriousness, Levi has proven to be the better back up to this point. He fumbled 1 time all of last year, and redeemed himself on his next carry for a 55 yard TD run. The other back fumbled numerous games.  Some kids just look good at camps and can sell themselves. 

2 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I know you are just trying to get a jab at 14.2, but in all seriousness, Levi has proven to be the better back up to this point. He fumbled 1 time all of last year, and redeemed himself on his next carry for a 55 yard TD run. The other back fumbled numerous games.  Some kids just look good at camps and can sell themselves. 

I wish I could put a like on that bold part 100 times. 

34 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Busted 😃. I think Levi looked good too, but just seems odd. Did Wesley play against BH last year? I just remember Levi

On 8/14/2023 at 2:01 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I am not sure about that Samual kid at WR. Seen his Dad post on FB today he was not at WR.

14 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Better yet why is Levi the A back with a 4 star on the roster? Sounds like daddy ball

It's a two back system so both running backs start this year. The "A" back lines up in the slot more and catches the football more often, the "B" back lines up by the QB most times and is handed the ball more than it's thrown to him. If you watch Tyler Legacy film from 2021 you can see Jamarion Miller(Alabama) playing the "A" and Bryson Donnell(Texas Tech) playing the "B". 

11 hours ago, Concerned Citizen said:

I am not sure about that Samual kid at WR. Seen his Dad post on FB today he was not at WR.

If you come to the scrimmage tomorrow he'll be wearing #13. He ran with the #1 offense on Saturday during the scrimmage and stood out because he dropped a TD Eudy put right on his facemask. I would upload the HUDL film but you can't load pics and videos on here. 

Right now in the first two groups at receiver are Hammer(#21) and Samuel(#13) as the starters, Holman(#22 but #25 from last year), Brandt Wright(#1) and Odie(#12 BH transfer from Anahuac). 

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wish I could put a like on that bold part 100 times. 

I'm not a fan of personal trainers for RB's so Levi doesn't really go to them. Wes goes to all of them though. I think that had an impact on getting the ball rolling for him, lots of additional promotion. He got invited by Demarco Murray for an unofficial to OU's Spring game before camp season even started, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him in the not too distant future. I think he just came from Texas a couple of weeks ago too.

It was kind of clear when they were both at the UTSA camp where Levi measured at 5'11"/193lbs/4.53/37" and no lost reps in 1 v 1's. Tim Yoder(RB coach) pulls him to the side after camp and say "Man you look good, we want to see you be more consistent on film though". Needless to say the two backs they offered that day had even less film than Levi. Wes is just going to be a junior and already 200lbs though. He also looks good running around cones for a kid that size, sometimes you recruit the physical traits even if the numbers may not be there.