SCOTUS slaps down Bidens deadbeat student loan scheme!

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

He couldn't take the test because he was black before affirmative action. What is so hard to understand.

Being able to take the test has nothing to do with affirmative action. It’s a separate issue. 

Affirmative action would be to say “we’re going to test all of the applicants and the highest scores will be hired.  All black applicants will be given an extra 50 points ABOVE their actual score.” It would give certain applicants an advantage over other applicants.

Not being able access the hiring process, then accessing the hiring process and beating everybody else head-up? There’s nothing wrong with that. 

There should be no racial preferences given in hiring. Period. I think what you are arguing is “preferences are fine, but only when it’s people like me getting preferential treatment.”

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

You are irrelevant so stop wasting your time commenting on my post. It is comical.

Stop quoting me. You’re a lost cause anyway. No one cares about your racist views and your victim mentality. Wahhhh!!

Guess what? There is more slavery in the world today than at any other time. 200 years from now, people like you will be trying to profit from it.

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Being able to take the test has nothing to do with affirmative action. It’s a separate issue. 

Affirmative action would be to say “we’re going to test all of the applicants and the highest scores will be hired.  All black applicants will be given an extra 50 points ABOVE their actual score.” It would give certain applicants an advantage over other applicants.

Not being able access the hiring process, then accessing the hiring process and beating everybody else head-up? There’s nothing wrong with that. 

There should be no racial preferences given in hiring. Period. I think what you are arguing is “preferences are fine, but only when it’s people like me getting preferential treatment.”

That is what I was talking about in a prior post. Being denied a test is discrimination under EEOC.

Affirmative action is what happened at Beaumont PD maybe 25 years ago. Beaumont PD I believe had a three tier hiring process. I think (been so long ago)  the three lists were, a Black person from the first list, a female of any race from the second list and then White males.

A White male could not be hired until a Black person (or maybe or Hispanic), then a female were hired.

In that particular case I (again) believe that a White male came out number one on the test scores but could not be hired unless two other minorities were hired in front of him. Apparently the other two lists could not hire at least two qualified minorities so the guy who came out number one (who was already an officer at a local agency) was denied being hired because he was automatically in the third list and not enough qualified persons from the first two lists were hired.

He filed a federal lawsuit and I believe settled out of court for over 6 figures. BPD had to do away with their discriminatory hiring practice. Actually, what BPD did would be against state civil service law however the union agreed to it in order to settle their collective bargaining contract. 

That is affirmative action. The person who came out on top and with police experience was denied a job by affirmative action discrimination. It was still allowed in college admissions. 

23 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That is what I was talking about in a prior post. Being denied a test is discrimination under EEOC.

Affirmative action is what happened at Beaumont PD maybe 25 years ago. Beaumont PD I believe had a three tier hiring process. I think (been so long ago)  the three lists were, a Black person from the first list, a female of any race from the second list and then White males.

A White male could not be hired until a Black person (or maybe or Hispanic), then a female were hired.

In that particular case I (again) believe that a White male came out number one on the test scores but could not be hired unless two other minorities were hired in front of him. Apparently the other two lists could not hire at least two qualified minorities so the guy who came out number one (who was already an officer at a local agency) was denied being hired because he was automatically in the third list and not enough qualified persons from the first two lists were hired.

He filed a federal lawsuit and I believe settled out of court for over 6 figures. BPD had to do away with their discriminatory hiring practice. Actually, what BPD did would be against state civil service law however the union agreed to it in order to settle their collective bargaining contract. 

That is affirmative action. The person who came out on top and with police experience was denied a job by affirmative action discrimination. It was still allowed in college admissions. 

I vaguely remember that, now that you mention it. 

The big picture is just hard. What are we supposed to do when a segment of the population whole-heartedly believes that they are due special treatment because of their skin color? Especially when it’s their own educated and leaders that keep pushing that false narrative?

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The big picture is just hard. What are we supposed to do when a segment of the population whole-heartedly believes that they are due special treatment because of their skin color? Especially when it’s their own educated and leaders that keep pushing that false narrative?

Keep voting for liberal Dimocrats and see what happens.  They will take tax dollars and give it to them, and then raise taxes to cover this cost.  I had a great grandpa that was forced from his homeland in North Carolina and marched towards Oklahoma.  It was called The Trail of Tears.  I’m going to be looking for my reparations as well.  I feel that what is good for the goose, is good for the gander.  I’m sure big girl will disagree about my receiving reparations, since racism only happens to one ethnic group, according to her.

16 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Nope. Preferences are not fine because Whites have gotten preferential treatment for centuries. Give others a chance, if they are qualified, don't automatically disqualify them because  they are minorities. 

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

Keep voting for liberal Dimocrats and see what happens.  They will take tax dollars and give it to them, and then raise taxes to cover this cost.  I had a great grandpa that was forced from his homeland in North Carolina and marched towards Oklahoma.  It was called The Trail of Tears.  I’m going to be looking for my reparations as well.  I feel that what is good for the goose, is good for the gander.  I’m sure big girl will disagree about my receiving reparations, since racism only happens to one ethnic group, according to her.

Weren't Indians given reparations?

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes white people wholeheartedly believe they are due special treatment because of their skin color. I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

Nope. Preferences are not fine because Whites have gotten preferential treatment for centuries. Give others a chance, if they are qualified, don't automatically disqualify them because  they are minorities. 

Your biases make you incapable of higher level thought. 

The Supreme Court just ruled that your way if thinking is unconstitutional.

You believe that you are due special treatment solely because of your skin color. That’s textbook racism, ma’am.  Trying to pawn it off as being part of God’s chosen race, or because of the inferiority of others, or because bad things might have happened generations ago makes no difference… it’s still wrong.  

But I do think that your beliefs are typical for your race, and waiting  around for your special privileges instead of making a go of the system we have is why your community as a whole has fallen behind all others in practically every possible measure.

You’ll never get ahead waiting for a handout. 

53 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You believe that you are due special treatment solely because of your skin color. That’s textbook racism, ma’am.  Trying to pawn it off as being part of God’s chosen race, or because of the inferiority of others, or because bad things might have happened generations ago makes no difference… it’s still wrong.  

But I do think that your beliefs are typical for your race, and waiting  around for your special privileges instead of making a go of the system we have is why your community as a whole has fallen behind all others in practically every possible measure.

Some people are stuck in 1865 and/or 1965 and they shall never progress any further. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Did you read what I wrote? Give minorities who are qualified a chance instead of given preferential treatment to whites even when they are not qualified

10 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Some people are stuck in 1865 and/or 1965 and they shall never progress any further. 

I hate it because she’s obviously not a dumb person. I just don’t know how that group mentality ever gets better. 

It’s deeper than simply changing voting patterns and I believe that the change would have to come internally-it’s nothing that someone from outside the group could ever initiate. That’s probably my biggest gripe about President Obama. You have a guy that could have said “look at me… I’m proof that it’s done. White people literally just elected a black president- welcome to post racial America!” Instead we got talk of reparations, affirmative action, social Justice, etc. At one point he was the most powerful man on the planet and just last week he was talking about how he’s just a victim who made it in spite of racism. The ease with which that community accepts victimhood never ceases to amaze me. 

12 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Did you read what I wrote? Give minorities who are qualified a chance instead of given preferential treatment to whites even when they are not qualified

Yes, ma’am. Black people have been guaranteed a chance since 1964. And millions were given chances prior to that. 

I think that you don’t understand what an opportunity really is. The chance to be considered for employment is all a person is owed. The job itself isn’t the opportunity.

And the idea that prior to 1964 a small segment of the black population might have been excluded from good jobs is no reason to give black people special privileges in the hiring process in 2023.

But like I keep saying …. You easily agree that the NFL puts the best possible player on the field at rb, corner, etc… but they turn into a bunch of racists when they choose qbs… while the rest of us can admit that there really aren’t any black Tom Bradys, Mannings, etc… you get a lot of great dual threat qbs who can run (Lamar Jackson, Dak, Jalen Hurts, etc…) better than the white dudes and throw pretty well, but that’s not the skill set that tends to win championships. 

You just see color. And that is racism at its purest form  

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes, ma’am. Black people have been guaranteed a chance since 1964. And millions were given chances prior to that. 

I think that you don’t understand what an opportunity really is. The chance to be considered for employment is all a person is owed. The job itself isn’t the opportunity.

And the idea that prior to 1964 a small segment of the black population might have been excluded from good jobs is no reason to give black people special privileges in the hiring process in 2023.

But like I keep saying …. You easily agree that the NFL puts the best possible player on the field at rb, corner, etc… but they turn into a bunch of racists when they choose qbs… while the rest of us can admit that there really aren’t any black Tom Bradys, Mannings, etc… you get a lot of great dual threat qbs who can run (Lamar Jackson, Dak, Jalen Hurts, etc…) better than the white dudes and throw pretty well, but that’s not the skill set that tends to win championships. 

You just see color. And that is racism at its purest form  

A small section? What is your source?

25 minutes ago, Big girl said:

A small section? What is your source?

My source? You. 

Black people fled the south for places like Chicago, Detroit, California. They left to escape racist attitudes that used to be prevalent in the South and they went for JOBS. You want to pretend like there was not a single black person with a job prior to affirmative action, but then you’ll carry on about how racists destroyed the black Wall Street in Tulsa a hundred years ago. How is it that y’all had a black Wall Street if nobody could get a job? Fast forward to 2023 and you argue that every black person today should be entitled to special treatment because a few black people (but nowhere near all of them) experienced racism 3 or 4 generations ago.  To be honest, if reparations were paid fairly , you’d be entitled to nothing based on your success that you like to talk about. 

To be completely honest, there isn’t a single living victim of chattel slavery in the US. And there hasn’t been in probably 70 years. You’ve never experienced institutional racism, either.  Has somebody called you a name over the years? Probably… does that mean we all owe you something? No, ma’am. 

There are very few people alive today that can tell you what being a victim of racism feels like… the rest of y’all just want to pretend. 

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I hate it because she’s obviously not a dumb person. I just don’t know how that group mentality ever gets better. 

It’s deeper than simply changing voting patterns and I believe that the change would have to come internally-it’s nothing that someone from outside the group could ever initiate. That’s probably my biggest gripe about President Obama. You have a guy that could have said “look at me… I’m proof that it’s done. White people literally just elected a black president- welcome to post racial America!” Instead we got talk of reparations, affirmative action, social Justice, etc. At one point he was the most powerful man on the planet and just last week he was talking about how he’s just a victim who made it in spite of racism. The ease with which that community accepts victimhood never ceases to amaze me. 

We have only had 1 black president. How old is this nation? You don't know what he had to go through in order to become President. He had to be the best of the best. Trump is an idiot, yet he was elected.

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

My source? You. 

Black people fled the south for places like Chicago, Detroit, California. They left to escape racist attitudes that used to be prevalent in the South and they went for JOBS. You want to pretend like there was not a single black person with a job prior to affirmative action, but then you’ll carry on about how racists destroyed the black Wall Street in Tulsa a hundred years ago. How is it that y’all had a black Wall Street if nobody could get a job? Fast forward to 2023 and you argue that every black person today should be entitled to special treatment because a few black people (but nowhere near all of them) experienced racism 3 or 4 generations ago.  To be honest, if reparations were paid fairly , you’d be entitled to nothing based on your success that you like to talk about. 

To be completely honest, there isn’t a single living victim of chattel slavery in the US. And there hasn’t been in probably 70 years. You’ve never experienced institutional racism, either.  Has somebody called you a name over the years? Probably… does that mean we all owe you something? No, ma’am. 

There are very few people alive today that can tell you what being a victim of racism feels like… the rest of y’all just want to pretend. 

So blacks had to flee the South to escape racism? How many fled? If only a few blacks were oppressed why did black activists risk their lives to ensure freedom for all. I don't think MLK jr would've put himself through that for a "few" people. Megar Evers was gunned down in his driveway in front of his kids because he wanted equal rights. There was a time when Black people began to prosper after the Civil War, out there were not any EEOC protections in place. Someone could easily take what they owned without repercussions or bomb the city (Black Wallstreet). Look at what happened in Rosewood Florida. Then there was Jim crow laws instituted to further hinder black people.

22 minutes ago, Big girl said:

We have only had 1 black president. How old is this nation? You don't know what he had to go through in order to become President. He had to be the best of the best. Trump is an idiot, yet he was elected.

And biden is worse, yet he was elected.  So whats’s your point.

18 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Like I said… I see a success story.  Jesse Jackson was with MLK in Memphis the day he was killed… he later sat on the platform when the first black President was sworn in… what a great story. You say “oh, yeah, but why is that the only black President we’ve ever had. The next 40 should all be black, too…. We deserve it.” You never can escape from being a victim. I agree with you, though… Obama was a fine politician. He got himself elected and re-elected…. And trump is an idiot… but apparently a lot of idiots like him, too. 

40 minutes ago, Big girl said:

So blacks had to flee the South to escape racism? How many fled? If only a few blacks were oppressed why did black activists risk their lives to ensure freedom for all. I don't think MLK jr would've put himself through that for a "few" people. Megar Evers was gunned down in his driveway in front of his kids because he wanted equal rights. There was a time when Black people began to prosper after the Civil War, out there were not any EEOC protections in place. Someone could easily take what they owned without repercussions or bomb the city (Black Wallstreet). Look at what happened in Rosewood Florida. Then there was Jim crow laws instituted to further hinder black people.

None of that matters today. You say “you can’t just erase the past” while simultaneously tearing down old statues, renaming schools, and trying to rewrite history. 

Name me a single policy in place today in the United States that is designed to oppress the black community… I’ll give you a hint… there isn’t one. Black people are given the exact same opportunities as everyone else, but they’d rather hang onto perceived slights and imagined insults while waiting for handouts than get down to business and keep up with the rest of us. 

The sad thing is this… you’re an example for your community. You could say “look at me and my family-we’re proof that you can easily succeed.” But you don’t… you are ashamed of your success among your peers, I’m pretty sure.