Wo s new pressbox caught fire today!!

lcm93

On 7/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, DP#1FAN said:

If there is not a big turn around this year, things will heat up.  As far as press box fire, hated to hear that. It was looking great and I know community was getting excited to see it almost completed. Hope it is a quick fix. 

I hope so too.but,right now I don't see a quick fix on anything.

On 6/29/2023 at 8:45 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

ViP CHAIRS ???

This is crazy

I never thought I would see luxury seats at a high school football game. Like I said before, WOS is a school woth a football team, not a football team with a school.

Then again, that explains some of the problems there.

1 hour ago, wbfan said:

I never thought I would see luxury seats at a high school football game.

They gotta do something to get the butts back in the seats. I imagine at the big Allen stadium or even the Star in Frisco. But this is SETX. And why would anyone need ever need a heated seat? We don't play home games in December.

26 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They gotta do something to get the butts back in the seats. I imagine at the big Allen stadium or even the Star in Frisco. But this is SETX. And why would anyone need ever need a heated seat? We don't play home games in December.

As much of a fans as I have been I always thought this press box was way too much overkill.  WOS is a small 4A school borderline 3A.  The crowds just aren’t there like they were in the 80s.  I see no reason for a press box as elaborate as this one. 

5 hours ago, marshman said:

As much of a fans as I have been I always thought this press box was way too much overkill.  WOS is a small 4A school borderline 3A.  The crowds just aren’t there like they were in the 80s.  I see no reason for a press box as elaborate as this one. 

Maybe the goal is to rent or lease the event center to others, including the stadium. Katy and other schools are doing it, why not us too? Just saying everything that WOS does is not just one dimensional. 

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Maybe the goal is to rent or lease the event center to others, including the stadium. Katy and other schools are doing it, why not us too? Just saying everything that WOS does is not just one dimensional. 

Renting the event center is a good point you make and one I hadn’t considered so I could see that, but the stadium I don’t know.  PNG thought the same thing what about 10-12 years ago when they built their new stadium, that they could host playoff games there and get a cut or the gate revenue.  But to date I don’t think it’s been used as much as they had hoped for other than for a few first round games for teams in this area.  The geographical area of this part of the state makes it inconvenient for teams away from SETX to travel here. 

I’m not disagreeing with you, i get what your saying, and I hope it works out for them. 

8 hours ago, marshman said:

I agree. But another aspect is the upcoming plant next door. So I'd bet there's an a/c with all kinds of filters up there too. And plenty of room for those looking to get out of the smelly heat.

3 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

It’s not really geographically possible for too much of that…about the only teams that would work out is like deweyville and sabine pass or something,we already all know where that’s headed…they can’t afford what we would want to charge