Supreme Court considers fate of Biden's student loan relief plan

Bobcat1

10 hours ago, Eagle11 said:

I think it is simply a ploy that the Dem's will use in election time........I tried to get you guys some help but those darn Repub's are blocking it. Don't vote for them.

So the same message since 1963….

1 hour ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Republicans love handouts to corporations, but grab the pitchforks whenever handouts are given to our neighbors 

.. worst (funniest) part is, it’s usually the brokest people who do so lol

What does this have to do with JoeBama trying to ILLEGALLY cancel student debts?!  

2 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Republicans love handouts to corporations, but grab the pitchforks whenever handouts are given to our neighbors 

.. worst (funniest) part is, it’s usually the brokest people who do so lol

So.... can you point me at any of these fabled "handouts to large corporations" that the left likes to talk about?  

All I ever hear is how unfair it is that oil companies are allowed to write off all of their losses on exploration in year one.  I mean, that and all of those green energy expenditures.

Conservatives don't want handouts to anybody.  Republican lawmakers do some really dumb stuff, though. 

I'm not a fan of bailouts for individuals, corporations, or businesses who borrow stupidly.  You chose to borrow $200k to get "the college experience" at a big name school, and now have a degree that doesn't make you enough to pay it back?  Sorry, it's not my responsibility.  My parents helped me pay for a fairly inexpensive college.  I worked and paid as well.  I came out with no college debt.  My wife did the same.  Then when she went back and got her masters years later, we took out 10K in student loans that we paid off in 6 months.  A woman I know complains about her student loans that she took out 15 years ago.  She borrowed $12K, and still owes $10K.  But she lives in a really nice neighborhood, and her and her husband both drive $70K+ vehicles.  And she qualifies for this relief somehow.  There could be a small group that I would actually maybe be okay with getting some partial relief, but the parameters are far too broad right now.  

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So.... can you point me at any of these fabled "handouts to large corporations" that the left likes to talk about?  

All I ever hear is how unfair it is that oil companies are allowed to write off all of their losses on exploration in year one.  I mean, that and all of those green energy expenditures.

Conservatives don't want handouts to anybody.  Republican lawmakers do some really dumb stuff, though. 

PPP Loans.

800 billion - 97% were forgiven. 

27 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

When the government mandates unnecessary shutdowns that cripple or even destroy businesses, they should have to take responsibility to a degree.

That's the whole problem.  "The government" isn't taking responsibility, the US taxpayer is.  It's like taking $50 out of your checking account to pay yourself to mow your own yard, then putting it back in your checking account and calling it "income."

The government basically borrowed money in our name and gave it to us "free" except we still have to pay it back in the form of taxes.  

But your argument is one that a republican would use to justify taking a handout just like a lib.  

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's the whole problem.  "The government" isn't taking responsibility, the US taxpayer is.  It's like taking $50 out of your checking account to pay yourself to mow your own yard, then putting it back in your checking account and calling it "income."

The government basically borrowed money in our name and gave it to us "free" except we still have to pay it back in the form of taxes.  

But your argument is one that a republican would use to justify taking a handout just like a lib.  

Not justifying a handout at all, when someone causes damage or even destroys your business that you worked hard to build up, it's not a handout when the responsible party pays up.

Nice try.

Just now, LumRaiderFan said:

Not justifying a handout at all, when someone causes damage or even destroys your business that you worked hard to build up, it's not a handout when the responsible party pays up.

Nice try.

It's like backing your car into a tree in your own front yard and suing yourself.  Have fun spending your "reward" you got from the "responsible party."

Nice try. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's like backing your car into a tree in your own front yard and suing yourself.  Have fun spending your "reward" you got from the "responsible party."

Nice try. 

Didn't get a reward...when the government ruins businesses by purposely mandating shutdowns for lengthy periods of time, who should be held responsible?

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Didn't get a reward...when the government ruins businesses by purposely mandating shutdowns for lengthy periods of time, who should be held responsible?

The politicians the next time an election comes around.  

You realize that you're just proving DontheCons argument, right?  You're against handouts right up until one comes along that you agree with.  

"When the government ruins lives by purposely allowing slavery for almost 80 years, who should be held responsible?"

"When the government ruins college students' futures by loaning college students money that they can't pay back, who should be held responsible?"

"when the government destroys the fortunes of slaveowners by outlawing slavery and freeing slaves with no compensation to their previously lawful owners and bankrupting them, who should be held responsible?"

When the government mandates an evacuation, should they also give handouts to businesses for lost revenue during the evacuation?  

But to answer you question, the guilty "party" in the shutdown was the virus itself. Good luck collecting your handouts from COVID 19, though. 

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The politicians the next time an election comes around.  

You realize that you're just proving DontheCons argument, right?  You're against handouts right up until one comes along that you agree with.  

"When the government ruins lives by purposely allowing slavery for almost 80 years, who should be held responsible?"

"When the government ruins college students' futures by loaning college students money that they can't pay back, who should be held responsible?"

"when the government destroys the fortunes of slaveowners by outlawing slavery and freeing slaves with no compensation to their previously lawful owners and bankrupting them, who should be held responsible?"

When the government mandates an evacuation, should they also give handouts to businesses for lost revenue during the evacuation?  

But to answer you question, the guilty "party" in the shutdown was the virus itself. Good luck collecting your handouts from COVID 19, though. 

When a tyrannical government shuts your business down long term for no good reason, then gives you your own money back confiscated over the years that they have  been giving to dead beats,  then agrees to allow you to keep it, it’s not a handout, it’s money going back to where it should be, the private sector.  I guess you would rather the government kept it and completely destroyed thousands of businesses.

And you have got to be kidding with voters holding irresponsible politicians accountable, you can’t really be that naïve.  We have a country full of dopes willing to put biden back in office because they can’t get past their hurt little feelings.  They ain’t holding anyone responsible.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:29 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

When a tyrannical government shuts your business down long term for no good reason, then gives you your own money back confiscated over the years that they have  been giving to dead beats,  then agrees to allow you to keep it, it’s not a handout, it’s money going back to where it should be, the private sector.  I guess you would rather the government kept it and completely destroyed thousands of businesses.

And you have got to be kidding with voters holding irresponsible politicians accountable, you can’t really be that naïve.  We have a country full of dopes willing to put biden back in office because they can’t get past their hurt little feelings.  They ain’t holding anyone responsible.

You can't be so naive as to say that a man like yourself who is in favor of the PPP handouts is somehow different than any other man who is in favor of handouts. 

You's a welfare queen, too.  

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You can't be so naive as to say that a man like yourself who is in favor of the PPP handouts is somehow different than any other man who is in favor of handouts. 

You cannot compare PPP to welfare.......

1.   PPP was based on previous payroll of your business.....plus you could pay up to 20% to pay rent. 

2.   PPP was not forgiven if you fired anyone or did not use the funds as agreed to. 

3.  The government did not force/demand people not to work who are currently on welfare. 

4.  Welfare recipients don't have a business to keep running when the Government decided to let you come back to work.

I could go on and on, but comparing the two as the same is dishonest at best.  

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

What would you do if your income was stopped for a couple years? Deplete your savings or sell your home and cars? 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:08 AM, CardinalBacker said:

Hippy has already pointed out how dumb your post is so I won’t bother.