Silsbee vs Jacksonville

BADSANTA

8 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Yeah, footage from those games are probably gone for good.

Somebody from PA has some Silsbee/Lincoln clips posted on Youtube for a trip down memory lane. Mostly stuff from the early - mid 90s.

I've seen those clips.  Need some PA LHS clips from the 70s, back when Earl Evans Was playing.

3 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

Eddie fobbs played around 98ish-00   I don’t know an Eddie Owens before my times I guess. But fobbs was a silsbee kid. Like 6’11 kid. Great player. 

Eddie Owens played for Houston Wheatley 1970-73.

Fobbs. Jr. played for Silsbee and Sam Houston State. He got the nickname of Cardinal Killer from the local media because he always had his best games against Lamar.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Eddie Owens played for Houston Wheatley 1970-73.

Fobbs. Jr. played for Silsbee and Sam Houston State. He got the nickname of Cardinal Killer from the local media because he always had his best games against Lamar.

Sam Houston alltime block shots leader as well. I know him and his family. 

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I was at that game.  The player for Wheatley was Eddie Owens.  He went to UNLV but didn't pan out. Kountze played Wheatley maybe the season before and lost by maybe 4 pts., gave a run.

Yeah, Owens, and they had another tall hotshot but I can’t remember. I was there, too. Bmt. High gym, I think.

The class of 1972 was a very athletic class.  They went deep in the playoffs in football. They went even deeper in the basketball playoff, going to the final four in Austin.  Rufus Cook and the baseball team made the playoffs.  In track James Hunter was putting up some amazing track times in the sprints.  Hunter was high school all American in football. David Brown was all American in basketball.  They did not win a chip but a lot of classes did not either.

There was no service charge for online tickets.  Just $8.  It didn't let me pick a seat but gave me a weird seat in a corner.  I'm sure they won't be checking that.  A 7000 seat arena will swallow two 4A second round playoff crowds.  

It's a long drive but it is a great venue.  Better I think than Sam Houston.  And it's much much better than the site for the Region Tourney.  It's closer for us than Bryan.  And I notice that there aren't any events scheduled for March 3rd and 4th.  C'est la vie.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

There was no service charge for online tickets.  Just $8.  It didn't let me pick a seat but gave me a weird seat in a corner.  I'm sure they won't be checking that.  A 7000 seat arena will swallow two 4A second round playoff crowds.  

It's a long drive but it is a great venue.  Better I think than Sam Houston.  And it's much much better than the site for the Region Tourney.  It's closer for us than Bryan.  And I notice that there aren't any events scheduled for March 3rd and 4th.  C'est la vie.

I've been to a few graduations there. Great venue. 

17 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The class of 1972 was a very athletic class.  They went deep in the playoffs in football. They went even deeper in the basketball playoff, going to the final four in Austin.  Rufus Cook and the baseball team made the playoffs.  In track James Hunter was putting up some amazing track times in the sprints.  Hunter was high school all American in football. David Brown was all American in basketball.  They did not win a chip but a lot of classes did not either.

This year’s team broke ‘72’s record of 12 - 0 before losing in the quarterfinal to Brenham 21-20. 50 years it stood as the standard in SHS football annals.

Some of y'all think this game is gonna be close? They're the ones who'd better be playing their A game or it's gonna get ugly. I wasn't that impressed with Jville in the few games I took the time to watch.

Silsbee has a few eligible kids from JV who can step up and contribute for a few minutes if need be. It probably won't be necessary.

22 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Some of y'all think this game is gonna be close? They're the ones who'd better be playing their A game or it's gonna get ugly. I wasn't that impressed with Jville in the few games I took the time to watch.

Silsbee has a few eligible kids from JV who can step up and contribute for a few minutes if need be. It probably won't be necessary.

I agree. I watched the game that was posted on here and was not impressed at all. Silsbee by 25