Silsbee 102 Liberty 72/FINAL

Just now, Tigers94 said:

Tighten some things up a bit on defense and the Tigers will be okay.

I couldn't care less if another team gets some sort of moral victory against up for playing hard. All that matters is who's going home and who isn't.

Agree!! I also think being off for 7 days has a little to do. I know Silsbee will be fine. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee 102 Liberty 72/FINAL
3 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Now that that's over.

Jacksonville's Youtube channel has full games of them playing . They look like a less streetballish version of Jasper from the few quarters I've watched. Now that I think about it, that could be a problem if we go out there playing weak.

They remind me of Jasper but a few better shooters. Silsbee knows whats ahead of them. Coach Sigler will have them ready to play. Jacksonville is 24-8. They beat Brock, Center, and Bullard. They will be a challenge for sure but I like Silsbee by 15-18pts. 

1 hour ago, RealTimeRob said:

Harris with his 4th dunk and ref calls a tech on him for hanging too long🙄

Actually tech was for saying something to player who fouled him on the dunk.  Player fouled him late and I think he took it as one of those late cheap fouls.  Really wasn’t too much to it though.

Tigers definitely need to box out and rebound better overall. Defense wasn’t the best tonight.  I am sure they will step it up when they play better teams but need to step it up every night in the playoffs.  It only takes one slip up and well it’s all over but the crying.  Unfortunately for me this could be the only playoff game I get to see in person. My daughter keeps us busy these days.

Liberty was opportunistic and got A LOT of breaks and apparently they were good enough to take advantage.  They almost lost the ball, but didn't, about 40 times it seemed.  And they turned a bunch of those favorable bounces into points.

The first quarter was almost too good, shades of the best of McCain/Adams/Bush days.  I guess a letdown is always possible after a quarter like that and it came and it was a humdinger.  Outscored by Liberty in the 2nd quarter?  And halftime didn't fix it much they came out flat and the lead shrunk to 13 in the third, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting the funny feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The line was what? 36?  A 45 or even 50 point win wasn't out of the question.  But I had a feeling something would happen.  I didn't know what, but something.  In the prediction thread I said around 30, maybe a few more.  

I haven't followed Liberty at all so #3 was a complete surprise to me.  He was all over the place against the No. 3 team in the state.  Is he always like that?  Based on his performance tonight I think he could start for almost all 4A teams in the state, including the Tigers, or if not start then be the 6th man.   I'm watching him warm up, non-descript, wearing glasses, kind of nerdy actually.  And he's introduced as a start.  Hmmm, I wouldn't have figured that.  And then he comes out and basically keeps his lowly 4th place team in the game till they can catch their breath.  I wonder if there may have been a basketball camp or two in his past.  

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Tigers defense needs to be much much better. That effort won't beat Jacksonville or get us to state. 

Yes, it was a little frustrating to watch and you could tell they were getting a little frustrated with themselves.  But to a certain extent it was just "one of those things".  I never saw a game where a team "almost" lost the ball so many times as Liberty did last night. 

And to some extent it was byproduct of that amazing first quarter.  A letdown after something like that possible.  Plus the bench saw significant minutes.

By contrast Silsbee could easily have done what Jacksonville did to Kilgore.  That game ended 56 to 29 and was never even remotely in doubt.  Silsbee could do that to Liberty 100 our of 100 times.  In other words, it's a mathematical certainty.  In the Jacksonville game it was 18 to 8 at halftime.  Based on that score I'll bet the Indians made very few defensive errors.

13 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Liberty was opportunistic and got A LOT of breaks and apparently they were good enough to take advantage.  They almost lost the ball, but didn't, about 40 times it seemed.  And they turned a bunch of those favorable bounces into points.

The first quarter was almost too good, shades of the best of McCain/Adams/Bush days.  I guess a letdown is always possible after a quarter like that and it came and it was a humdinger.  Outscored by Liberty in the 2nd quarter?  And halftime didn't fix it much they came out flat and the lead shrunk to 13 in the third, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting the funny feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The line was what? 36?  A 45 or even 50 point win wasn't out of the question.  But I had a feeling something would happen.  I didn't know what, but something.  In the prediction thread I said around 30, maybe a few more.  

I haven't followed Liberty at all so #3 was a complete surprise to me.  He was all over the place against the No. 3 team in the state.  Is he always like that?  Based on his performance tonight I think he could start for almost all 4A teams in the state, including the Tigers, or if not start then be the 6th man.   I'm watching him warm up, non-descript, wearing glasses, kind of nerdy actually.  And he's introduced as a start.  Hmmm, I wouldn't have figured that.  And then he comes out and basically keeps his lowly 4th place team in the game till they can catch their breath.  I wonder if there may have been a basketball camp or two in his past.  

I heard that he's a legit distance runner.  Like.. D1 cross country scholarship.