Lumberton 45 Hardin-Jefferson 70/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Lumberton 45 Hardin-Jefferson 70/FINAL
11 hours ago, Knox34 said:

I’ll bite 😂. I just enjoy watching a playoff game when the number 15 team in state gets to play at home. 

Should be the standard.  4th place teams in 6-7 team districts should just be happy to get a shot and another game.  Rental and travel cost reduced for school districts that are limited on funds anyway. 

3 minutes ago, swamp123 said:

Should be the standard.  4th place teams in 6-7 team districts should just be happy to get a shot and another game.  Rental and travel cost reduced for school districts that are limited on funds anyway. 

I agree. A district champ should always host the 1st round game.

I’ll tell you this. If I’m a 4th place team and I have an option of that not happening I’m taking it. If it “should” be a rule … that’s another discussion. But to have the option and not use it to me is foolish. Would it have changed outcome. Probably not. But it surely couldn’t hurt to have a neutral site. 

A playoff game setting and hype and the fun these kids have playing in gyms and traveling and the whole process is something these kids hold onto and remember. To flip a coin and not give those seniors and players a good opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere and experience is not something I personally wouldn’t do. 

3 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

A playoff game setting and hype and the fun these kids have playing in gyms and traveling and the whole process is something these kids hold onto and remember. To flip a coin and not give those seniors and players a good opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere and experience is not something I personally wouldn’t do. 

It's only 20 miles from Lumberton HS to Hardin-Jefferson HS.

I don't have a problem with a coach doing what he thinks is the best thing for his team to win. Coach Mitchell obviously thought his best chance of winning was being able to play at home so he took the chance.

I have always believed that a district champion should be rewarded with hosting a 1st round game.

10 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

I like his thought and balls on the situation. But to have to win 2 coin flips to get it seems pretty unrealistic. Wasn’t it 2 flips?  

Yes. First flip is to get the opportunity to flip for home and home. Win that flip and then the 2nd flip determines which school hosts the game.