WO-S vs. #1 Giddings Predictions?/GAME TIME CHANGE

KFDM COOP

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why it is , but they are DEFINITELY a 2nd half team.  It's made many a fan a nervous wreck this season with the score way too close for comfort at halftime in the majority of the games. In 8 out of 11 games WO-S has either trailed or lead by 7 pts or less at halftime.

Luckily 6 out of 11 opponents were shutout in the 2nd half and all 5 of the remaining opponents were held to only 6 or 7 pts).  No team has yet to score more than 7 against the Mustangs in the 2nd half.

A few halftime scores from the season....

Dayton 14

WO-S 0

(WOS outscores Dayton 22-0 in the 2nd half to win 22-14)

WO-S 0

LC-M 0

(WOS scores 6 in the 2nd half to win 6-0)

Bay City 8

WO-S 6

(Bay City outscored WOS 7-6 in the 2nd half to win 15-12)  ---  the only team to outscore WOS in the 2nd half this year

WO-S 7

Hamshire-Fannett 0

(WOS outscores H-F 27-7 in the 2nd half to win 34-7)

WO-S 12

Kirbyville 7

(WOS outscores Kville 19-0 in the 2nd half to win 31-7)

WO-S 7

Silsbee 6

(WOS outscores Silsbee 10-0 in the 2nd half to win 17-6)

Jasper 14

WO-S 13

(WOS outscores Jasper 28-7 in the 2nd half to win 41-21)

WO-S 21

Orangefield 7

(WOS outscores Orangefield 28-6 in the 2nd half to win 49-13)

WO-S 12

Coldspring 7

(WOS outscores Coldspring 39-7 in the 2nd half to win 51-14)

The only games that WOS didn't score the majority of their total points in the 2nd half were the Hardin-Jefferson (39-0 at halftime, 25-0 in the 2nd half to win 64-0) and Bridge City (47-0 at halftime, 26-0 in the 2nd half to win 73-0) games, and the only reason for that was that both games were pretty much decided before halftime.

WO-S has scored at least 25 second half points in 6 of their last 8 games

They've scored at least 3 second half TD's in 7 of their last 8 games, 8 out of the 11 they've played

If they can score 3 times total against Giddings, I think they have a very good chance of winning the game depending on how the kicking game goes. 4 TD's should win it hands down.

It's obvious that the offense of WOS makes adjustments at halftime. The defense is already tight, 1st half, 2nd half any half. WOS stays within 2 TD's against Giddings at half, it's over. 

FROM 3A DOWNLOW

Originally posted by 88bobcats

Man, I'm getting pumped up to see this game! Both teams go in with touted defenses.

When I saw WO-S play a few weeks ago, Mr. Tim Matherne (6'1", 260) absolutely crushed defensive linemen. The off-tackle attack behind him just piled up the yards. He's also a great young man with loads of class and character.

I've heard lots of reports about the Buffalo D-line. Last year Giddings had one of the best running defenses I've ever seen. Dock and his boys were everywhere on the field.

I think Mr. Matherne will open some holes and force the Buffaloes to load the box to stop the Garretts. Then Mr. Hypolite will start to pick apart the defensive secondary. I'm just anxious to see how the Buffalo defense responds; and whether the Mustang defense can corral the Buffalo stampede.

I likes me some good defense, I do!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM TexanFan4Life

Giddings runs a 3-3-5, which occasionally turns into a 3-5 when they walk 2 Rovers up and bring them off the edge. I think you run the ball on Giddings right down their throats until they prove they can stop it...then you hit them with the play action pass over the top. None of this darting for the sidelines crap. You've also got to run a lot of single back formations to run successfully against Giddings. Their D Linemen slant to one side pretty much all game, and it's incredibly easy to catch Dock overpursuing on any given play. Bottom line..you beat Giddings with what I just said above: hard-nosed between the tackles running, Play Action. You've also got to hit their QB (either Brock or Locke), whether he has the ball or not (during the play, of course). It's way too easy to get Brock frustrated. But the most important thing to remember when playing Giddings....

Beat them with class and dignity. Don't let them lure you into playing their little games. They play dirty and they have no respect for anybody else. Don't let that phase you. You've got to play with mental toughness to beat Giddings. They get frustrated very easily if their little tricks don't work.

West Orange-Stark faces No. 1 Giddings

By CHRIS DABE, The Enterprise

wos3colcmykstoryyd4.jpg

Guiseppe Barranco/The Enterprise

Quintavious Garrett, left, and DePauldrick Garrett stand in

Dan Hooks Stadium at West Orange-Stark High School on Monday.

ORANGE - Giddings football coach Derek Fitzhenry refused to disclose the condition of his son's ankle, so West Orange-Stark's Dan Hooks will wait and see.

Fitzhenry's son, Brock, suffered an ankle injury that prevented him from playing in the second half of Giddings' first-round playoff victory last week. Whether the Texas-committed quarterback plays Friday against WO-S may not be revealed to Hooks and his defense until after the 7:30 p.m. kickoff at Pearland.

"We'll prepare like we're going to see either one of them," Hooks said of Fitzhenry and his backup, Jonathan Locke

This is the hidden content, please

wo-s will be looking at the same O an D as thay did last year you can count on this. the mustangs coaching staff ( must) be puting overtime watching how thay got beat last year and try and find away to stop these guys from giddings and it will not be easy as all of us know.the mustanga are (NOT) a one man team as they were last year sooooooooooooooooo  watch out. we wish both teams the best  ps  my spelling stinks lol sorry

wo-s will be looking at the same O an D as thay did last year you can count on this. the mustangs coaching staff ( must) be puting overtime watching how thay got beat last year and try and find away to stop these guys from giddings and it will not be easy as all of us know.the mustanga are (NOT) a one man team as they were last year sooooooooooooooooo  watch out. we wish both teams the best  ps  my spelling stinks lol sorry

LOL!  You need to just put this on your signature line.... :D That way, you don't have to type it everytime....too funny.  I'm not cutting you...LOL.  You make me laugh, that's all.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

FROM 3A DOWNLOW

Originally posted by 88bobcats

Man, I'm getting pumped up to see this game! Both teams go in with touted defenses.

When I saw WO-S play a few weeks ago, Mr. Tim Matherne (6'1", 260) absolutely crushed defensive linemen. The off-tackle attack behind him just piled up the yards. He's also a great young man with loads of class and character.

I've heard lots of reports about the Buffalo D-line. Last year Giddings had one of the best running defenses I've ever seen. Dock and his boys were everywhere on the field.

I think Mr. Matherne will open some holes and force the Buffaloes to load the box to stop the Garretts. Then Mr. Hypolite will start to pick apart the defensive secondary. I'm just anxious to see how the Buffalo defense responds; and whether the Mustang defense can corral the Buffalo stampede.

I likes me some good defense, I do!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM TexanFan4Life

Giddings runs a 3-3-5, which occasionally turns into a 3-5 when they walk 2 Rovers up and bring them off the edge. I think you run the ball on Giddings right down their throats until they prove they can stop it...then you hit them with the play action pass over the top. None of this darting for the sidelines crap. You've also got to run a lot of single back formations to run successfully against Giddings. Their D Linemen slant to one side pretty much all game, and it's incredibly easy to catch Dock overpursuing on any given play. Bottom line..you beat Giddings with what I just said above: hard-nosed between the tackles running, Play Action. You've also got to hit their QB (either Brock or Locke), whether he has the ball or not (during the play, of course). It's way too easy to get Brock frustrated. But the most important thing to remember when playing Giddings....

Beat them with class and dignity. Don't let them lure you into playing their little games. They play dirty and they have no respect for anybody else. Don't let that phase you. You've got to play with mental toughness to beat Giddings. They get frustrated very easily if their little tricks don't work.

They do play dirty i've heard!

wo-s will be looking at the same O an D as thay did last year you can count on this. the mustangs coaching staff ( must) be puting overtime watching how thay got beat last year and try and find away to stop these guys from giddings and it will not be easy as all of us know.the mustanga are (NOT) a one man team as they were last year sooooooooooooooooo  watch out. we wish both teams the best  ps  my spelling stinks lol sorry

Just Curious Skipper who is the one man you refer to from last year.  I thought WOS had several weapons:  D. Garrett, Earl Thomas, Andre Bevil, Jacoby Franks, D. Rhodes, Ronnie Dennis, and K. Leblanc.  The year before when we beat giddings by four td's, I think we were based on one guy, Deon Beasley.

The Mustangs need to just play MUSTANG FOOTBALL and just let Giddings play "their game"...

We should prepare for the buffs like they are last year's team...why would you not do that?  If they are as good, better, or not as good as last year...the MUSTANGS will be ready for whatever shows up to play on Friday.  (And no, I am not being overly confident...just being real...)  Either we'll be ready or we won't...

I happen to believe that we will be... ;)

I am amazed looking at the various websites how many are predicting WOS will win, with or without Fitz.  I mean, WE all believe it, but a lot of other people believe it as well.  I think our stats are starting to show....

Of course, it could just be wishful thinking on a lot of the people from other districts....sounds like they are tired of Giddings' talk....  (Just what I read into it...not trying to start an argument)

Is This The First Time WO-S Has Played A (BIG TEAM)----- NO  Is  This The First Time WO-S Has Played A Team With Lots Of (SPEED)  NO-----------    Is This The First Time WO-S Has Been (UNDERDOGS) NO  Is This The First Time WO-S Has Faced A (Super Back ) NO------------ Is This The First Time WO-S Has Played (Giddings)------------NO. IF WO-S Goes Out And Playes Mustang Football  In (NO) Way Will Giddings Will Beat These Kids Not This Year. And If You Like You Can Add To This

Guest Wos Grad 2000

I think Giddings has a better chance with the other QB than Brock..

WOS wins either way

Your right. We stopped Fizt last year with the new QB we won't know what they will do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics