Speaker of the House - Vote Today

Bobcat1

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Whew, glad we got through that one, I was afraid the country would be destroyed with no leader in the house for a few days.

I have a relative who was acting like it was the end of democracy. Oh my gosh, this has really turned Congress on its head kind of stuff.

When I brought up that this is nothing but a comical media side show, the  response was that I didn’t understand, the government was going to shut down because the spending ceiling resolutions would not pass, laws would cease to be enacted (a good thing) and blah blah….

It was pure Chicken Little nonsense. No Henny Penny, the sky is not falling and Foxy Woxy is leading you into a trap. 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

You guys know that what happened is ridiculous. You just dont want to admit it. It hasn't happened in a 100 years for a reason

We haven’t had trouble distinguishing between a man and woman since the founding of the country.  Would you also call that ridiculous?

It hasn’t happened in over 200 years for a reason.  

5 hours ago, Big girl said:

You guys know that what happened is ridiculous. You just dont want to admit it. It hasn't happened in a 100 years for a reason

What is ridiculous? Do you mean the 200 members of a party all think in lockstep?

When the Democrats go behind closed doors, are they all robots? Are you saying that there is never a debate or is it that they want to act like they are all the same person?

The Dems are like a man and a woman going behind closed doors to talk about an issue. They step out and the woman has a black eye and a bloody lip as they smile and announce that there were no differences in opinion and no debate was needed.

Can you imagine what went on when Democrat Senator Joe Manchin behind closed doors told the rest of the Democrats that he was siding with the Republicans on not changing the 200 year rules on the filibuster in the Senate last year? His lone vote shut down a takeover that was ridiculous. I am sure there were  group hugs all the way around.

The only thing that Republican showed in this case was that everybody does not think the same. The Democrats are the same behind closed doors but they walk out with the bloody wife and smile and say everything was okay.

They feel that honesty is best, kept behind the closed doors. 

13 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

We haven’t had trouble distinguishing between a man and woman since the founding of the country.  Would you also call that ridiculous?

It hasn’t happened in over 200 years for a reason.  

When your argument holds no water,  simply deflect 

SMH

The fact that folks think the holdout is a good thing showing R"s don't walk the line is funny at best...

Keep the same energy when nothing changes, ridiculous bills get introduced and somehow they magically get the votes to push it through... there's pork that both sides love, D's did it for 2 years now its the other sides turn... time for the D's to step up and strike down any BS in the senate and if it makes it thru the senate Biden don't sign it.... this is when Washington gets raises, nothing gets passed other than more taxes paid by the ppl

2 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

The holdouts, who we thought we the REAL conservatives, caved and voted for McCarthy.

The uniparty wins again.. man I thought it’d be different this time. Maybe in 2024 (lol)

They used to call it compromising.

I remember Mrs. Kelley’s Humanities class in 6th grade (1967) during the government section of the class. She was telling us that a compromise (new word for us) was the way that most laws were passed unless everybody agreed on an issue.  Both sides gave up something in order to come together and get a bill passed. 

Now it is caving? 

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I’m not arguing, certainly not with you, it’s an absolute waste of my time.

The fact you deflected the conversation says all we need to know.... but you along with the other sheep on here's record is horrible... I agree don't waste your time responding, I'd run to 

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

They used to call it compromising.

I remember Mrs. Kelley’s Humanities class in 6th grade (1967) during the government section of the class. She was telling us that a compromise (new word for us) was the way that most laws were passed unless everybody agreed on an issue.  Both sides gave up something in order to come together and get a bill passed. 

Now it is caving? 

Yeah it’s caving to the RINOs. I personally wanted the swamp to be drained, but looks like 2 more years of status quo. Here’s to hoping 2024 is different 

1 minute ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

Yeah it’s caving to the RINOs. I personally wanted the swamp to be drained, but looks like 2 more years of status quo. Here’s to hoping 2024 is different 

Poke fun because of the delay and indecision. Now that its over, complain that they didn’t get it right (for you). So easy to always be the negative one. Soooooo easy. Takes absolutely no gumption.

27 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

The MAGAs lost.. and now will re-brand the 2024 rallying cry as “Hope and Change”

🤣😭

Man, DeSantis is the R's only hope in 2024 outside of him it's a huge L coming 

Most sane ppl know this already, let's see how the next few months play out and see which direction they try and shift us... hate to say it but glad the D's held the senate so they don't go ultra right more than they already are

2 hours ago, TxFan said:

Most sane ppl know this already, let's see how the next few months play out and see which direction they try and shift us... hate to say it but glad the D's held the senate so they don't go ultra right more than they already are

Either you ate “little boys in the hoodie” or your his cousin Pookie. Your not fooling no one but yourself.😂

Ultra Right 😂….. These last 2 years have been Awesome haven’t they?

3 hours ago, TxFan said:

The fact you deflected the conversation says all we need to know.... but you along with the other sheep on here's record is horrible... I agree don't waste your time responding, I'd run to 

You simply missed the point completely and it’s not worth the trouble explaining it to you based on your empty posts.

You keep worrying about the Republicans, gives you something to do.

You and DontheCon keep posting, only you guys take each other serious, lol.

3 hours ago, TxFan said:

Trump 2024!  DeSantis 2028 and 2032!

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You simply missed the point completely and it’s not worth the trouble explaining it to you based on your empty posts.

You keep worrying about the Republicans, gives you something to do.

You and DontheCon keep posting, only you guys take each other serious, lol.

👍

6 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Trump 2024!  DeSantis 2028 and 2032!

Your nuts if you think R's win 3 elections in a row... be more realistic 

DeSantis can win 2024, outside of him I don't see it

If R's nominate 45th to run the table any D can beat him, good luck though lol

15 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Either you ate “little boys in the hoodie” or your his cousin Pookie. Your not fooling no one but yourself.😂

Ultra Right 😂….. These last 2 years have been Awesome haven’t they?

I mean we've been hearing how the red wave was coming and Biden would be impeached etc and the world would be in such a better place, now they elect Mccarthy who sides with the D's anytime he can and got a 2 year gridlock coming.... 

12 minutes ago, TxFan said:

Your nuts if you think R's win 3 elections in a row... be more realistic 

DeSantis can win 2024, outside of him I don't see it

If R's nominate 45th to run the table any D can beat him, good luck though lol

Check your history, my friend.  Republicans won the next three elections after the disastrous Presidency of Jimma Carter.  My, friend -- Joebama is worst.  Oh, BTW, if daddy Bush would have been an actual conservation he would have won reelection and it would have been the next 4 elections after Carter.  History does repeat itself.