Port Neches-Groves vs South Oak Cliff - LIVE GAME UPDATES

WOSdrummer99

1 minute ago, 1970 said:

The punter for PNG was the QB, so maybe they just wanted regular defense players on the field for a kickoff. IDK, but I think I still would have punted. Long, high punt, with plenty of hang time. 

You see it in college where the punters have big legs.   Plus punts are harder to field.   I assume they prefer kicking off in high school because most guys kick it further off the tee.

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Only adjustment SOC was to start throwing the ball up to their play makers at WR it took them a whole half to realize that they were the faster & more athletic team…I wouldn’t necessarily call throwing the ball up & “out athlete” a team who you’re clearly superior to adjustments. A competent staff would’ve made that game look easy as it should’ve been.

This exactly what SOC did. That’s I question why adjustments on PNG side didn’t put two safeties over the top to hopefully deter some of that.

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I guess SOC won the game and they want PNG mascot too.. on Twitter they want the mascot gone. Kyle Ward @coachwarden plus Matt Stepp… which doesn’t surprise me. 

Are you serious?   I guess it don’t surprise me though.  

What about 400# offensive linemen that don’t wear a belt, and you see they’re a&$ crack all game long?!   I don’t like looking at that!

Can they focus on their program and not worry about another teams mascot.

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I guess SOC won the game and they want PNG mascot too.. on Twitter they want the mascot gone. Kyle Ward @coachwarden plus Matt Stepp… which doesn’t surprise me. 

Thats sad the only school imo that had the best band and drill team i seen all week. Great school spirit 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I dont "want" the PNG mascot...if that community wants to keep it thats their decision, I'm not a taxpayer there and have no ties there, but it also doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on it, as little as that opinion may factor into the grand scheme of things

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Well, Coach Ward used an Italian GIF on his Twitter account describing his defense. I’m Italian American and I’m offended. True Italians don’t like people showing Cosa Nostra. So,he’s no better.

13 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I dont "want" the PNG mascot...if that community wants to keep it thats their decision, I'm not a taxpayer there and have no ties there, but it also doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on it, as little as that opinion may factor into the grand scheme of things

Yep, you are "entitled to your opinion" as is, everyone else to be "entitled to their opinion about your opinion". If you want open your mouth, you can do so and alienate any fan base you choose. There are many who would like to enjoy a sport without the introduction of political narratives.   

PNG doesnt need to do anything other, "keep being a treasure to HS Football in SETX". 

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, you are "entitled to your opinion" as is, everyone else to be "entitled to their opinion about your opinion". If you want open your mouth, you can do so and alienate any fan base you choose. There are many who would like to enjoy a sport without the introduction of political narratives.   

I agree people are entitled to have an opinion about my opinion as well

7 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

PNG doesnt need to do anything other, "keep being a treasure to HS Football in SETX". 

I'm also used to alienating fan bases, I do it 17 weeks a year lol 

50 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

People who are against PN-G offending "Indigenous culture" don't seem to understand that the Indians who inhabited Southeast Texas ATE PEOPLE...I'm sorry but people that are worried about PN-G offending these pro-cannibal Indians are FUBAR

2 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

But you’re okay with a photo of a little girl with a Death Row shirt on? Gangster Rap is more of danger to our youth than an Indian Mascot. I know Matt you have to be politically correct and too afraid to upset them. So you have to pick on a little Indian Mascot who doesn’t sing about putting a bullet in someone’s head or saying sexual and degrading things against women. I get it. This country has come so screwed up. You’d be called a racist if you said anything about rap.