****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****

PN-G bamatex

Our scout team did an incredible job this week,” said Joseph. “They really bought in and went full effort for the team. They knew they had a difficult task ahead of them. Coach Bradley did a great job of getting them rolling on the scout team. Those guys really took pride in it. I think we ran 120 running plays in Tuesday’s practice. That’s a testament to those guys and they helped our team win tonight.” Coach Jeff Joseph, PNG Head Coach

Scalp em, INDIANS, Scalp em!

The big boys often get overlooked! PNG's offensive and defensive line are some big ol boys. They dominated both lines of scrimmage. Throughout these playoff's these coach's had game plans that just wore the other teams down and started testing their will. That left side of the Oline has been opening up big holes throughout the playoffs. Next week will be big vs big! If we make SOC pass the ball I love our chances. We also should have a quickness advantage on defense up front. These coach's have great game plans week in and week out. These coach's have played the right brand of football with this group. Then when they are driving they just bleed the clock. In the past we would score so fast and the defense was back on the field. I love this style of football! And PNG was delivering some hits on defense. We are back to being a hard nosed football team instead of a finesse team. We had several penalties in this game and wasn't perfect but they dominated a very good team. They are rolling and playing their best football. I wasn't impressed with SOC or Argyle. I do see a very physical game that is winnable for PNG next week. SOC is huge up front but a few of those lineman don't move very well. Their defense looks pretty good though. I still think our oline will be the difference in that game. 

5 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

When did PNG get this good? Where the hell have I been? Lol congrats great way to represent SETX! Anyone knows when the last time a team from the golden triangle won a state championship in football?

I asked a buddy last night after the game what changed and he said, man we had a guy come in and he basically learned the kids.  He put them where they needed to be.  We also got in the weight room and they worked their butts off. He also said, there has been sightings at the Wheelhouse that Coach Joseph is a regular guy. He brought the old PNG style of football back to PNG. 

1 hour ago, PNGFaithful said:

I thought you said PNG would never make it to state?

That was before the 5A classification split. If you go back and search I said “Splitting the classification is the best thing that could’ve happened to this area.” It’s the main reason Crosby went to state. For instance, in the old format College Station, Lamar Fulshear, Angleton, Crosby and BH all would’ve been in the same R3-5A-D2 bracket with PNG this year. Not saying y’all still wouldn’t have went to state, just saying that would’ve been the bracket. 

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the SETX 5A-D2 district is sending their 2nd team to the finals in 5 years since the split. The district has also played in 3/5 semifinals since the split. You still have to be great to get there but the classification splits have been extremely beneficial in general to this coverage area. 

32 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Nobody could’ve seen this coming, but I asked my buddy where did all of that size come from?  Geez on tv they look huge. 

Conditioning is 100% better. They’re more athletic this year. Whatever the off-season program was, it is one of the differences