****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****

PN-G bamatex

On 12/7/2022 at 5:32 PM, prepballfan said:

Then beat Lamar Consolidated in the Dome with the help of our current LB Mason Droddys dad on a long kick off return that set up a Ron McGill TD. 

Yes, we lost to CE King that year. We actually lost to them a few years in the playoffs. They had our number for a while.

Good luck tonight Indians. Mustang Nation pulling for you all the way!

1 hour ago, Gasilla said:

Yes, we lost to CE King that year. We actually lost to them a few years in the playoffs. They had our number for a while.

Good luck tonight Indians. Mustang Nation pulling for you all the way!

TY Mustang family. You guys understand more than anyone in SETX what it means, and what its like to play this level of a game. 

15 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

Yep !

I seen a little of the PNG VS LBJ game . I was impressed with how well coached and disciplined there team was . This will be a tough matchup for LH . The 2 rb's they lost will hinder them some against this PNG'S defense . The backups played well and this game for LH may be what they call 3 yds and a cloud of dust . They may need all 4 downs more this wk .  Long was a homerun hitter with his speed they will miss tht.  . LH can't afford to let PNG get a couple scores ahead . LH has been really gd coming out after halftime but this game I feel they need to start out hitting on all cylinders . But win it lose I'll still cheer for my hometown Panthers .    Go Panthers ! 

I wish a gd game to both teams and safe travels to all .  Much respect for the Indian players and community eh I guess I should say Nation

Gd Luck to y'all but I'm hoping for just a little bit better Luck for the Panthers ! 

Best of luck and safe travels. 

10 hours ago, 1970 said:

People say that there was nothing good that was made in the US in the 70s, especially autos and shotguns. But the '70 and '71 Cutlass Supreme was a nice looking car, and popular too. A good friend of mine in high school, fortunate enough to be raised in a wealthy home, and could have the car of his choice, selected a '71 Cutlass Supreme for his graduation gift. 

BTW, where did you make $3.50/hr in '78? In the summer of '71 I made $4.50/hr as a laborer at a local refinery. I think I made $3.50/hr in the summers of '72-'73 though, at a steel drum plant. I bought a '73 Yamaha 650, for ~$1000 I think, +/-. 

Regarding football, and your earlier comment about watching PNG-LBJ, LBJ was the "worst" team we played all season, to put it very politely. FBM was a close second, along with a few others. It's been one heck of a strange season, IMO, but I won't elaborate here. Anyway, should be a good game tomorrow night. I pray for all of the players, for their safety, and that they will be able to do their best. 

10 hours ago, 1970 said:

People say that there was nothing good that was made in the US in the 70s, especially autos and shotguns. But the '70 and '71 Cutlass Supreme was a nice looking car, and popular too. A good friend of mine in high school, fortunate enough to be raised in a wealthy home, and could have the car of his choice, selected a '71 Cutlass Supreme for his graduation gift. 

BTW, where did you make $3.50/hr in '78? In the summer of '71 I made $4.50/hr as a laborer at a local refinery. I think I made $3.50/hr in the summers of '72-'73 though, at a steel drum plant. I bought a '73 Yamaha 650, for ~$1000 I think, +/-. 

Regarding football, and your earlier comment about watching PNG-LBJ, LBJ was the "worst" team we played all season, to put it very politely. FBM was a close second, along with a few others. It's been one heck of a strange season, IMO, but I won't elaborate here. Anyway, should be a good game tomorrow night. I pray for all of the players, for their safety, and that they will be able to do their best. 

Had to go back and reread my statement on the PNG/LBJ game . I didn't word that very well . The discipline and well coached I was referring to is the PNG team . That 4th dwn fake punt they pulled off without a hitch caught me totally off guard . When the players were running toward the sidelines I thought they were exchanging personnel to punt .      LBJ has athletes they depend a lot on their speed and improvising with busted plays .  But they were hard to put away in the closing minutes of y'all's game . I think they were the beneficiaries of a few penalties . 

By the way I echo the wording of your prayer !

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to ****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****
  • WOSdrummer99 locked this topic