Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

11 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Friday?   Odd that day matched with that start time. 

Was that day and time all NRG would offer?  If so, then I get it. 

They have another game already scheduled for Friday night. Katy vs. CE King at 7pm.

Both teams agreed to play that afternoon so they won't have to worry about weather.

It's my understanding that NRG doesn't want any games there on Saturday.

That is a HORRIBLE time. You got to be kidding me right? 95% of the families will be at work. Whoever made this decision needs to rethink this. These kids have come to far to play a Friday game at 130pm while most of there families will be at work smh. Two thumbs down👎🏿👎🏿. Play the Game at the Berry Center or the other Cy-Gair stadium on Bobcat Rd. Why not at PVAMU or Waller?

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

That is a HORRIBLE time. You got to be kidding me right? 95% of the families will be at work. Whoever made this decision needs to rethink this. These kids have come to far to play a Friday game at 130pm while most of there families will be at work smh. Two thumbs down👎🏿👎🏿. Play the Game at the Berry Center or the other Cy-Gair stadium on Bobcat Rd. Why not at PVAMU or Waller?

Both coaches wanted to eliminate the weather while providing a unique opportunity for these players.

You will be surprised with how many fans will end up attending.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Also, coaches are starting to prepare their teams for afternoon games since the state championship will be an 11am game on Friday of championship week.

Look for next week's semifinal game to be in the afternoon.

Unique opportunity for sure. Nothing against that. I will do everything im my power to be there. 

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

It won’t make that big of a difference as far as fans,people will miss work for Texas High School Football especially if their team is playing…

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

ATTENTION!!!

Game with Cuero will no longer be at Freedom Field in Alvin.

Friday 1:30 pm
NRG Stadium - Houston

I understand the coaches wanting not to have to worry about the weather,  but yes a friday afternoon is horrible for fans.  As far as the texans mot wanting a game to be played there on saturday, thats ridiculous.   They just dont want to be embarrassed by having two good teams play there on a saturday when only one good team ever plays there on sunday!

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Welcome to deep in the playoffs. Weather will not be an issue for you guys, your team has the best players to win it all this year. I don't see anybody beating Silsbee. 

10 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I understand the coaches wanting not to have to worry about the weather,  but yes a friday afternoon is horrible for fans.  As far as the texans mot wanting a game to be played there on saturday, thats ridiculous.   They just dont want to be embarrassed by having two good teams play there on a saturday when only one good team ever plays there on sunday!

Game is not played for the fans. That's not a high priority this time of the year. Got to do what's best for your TEAM (not necessarily the fans) in order to advance.

Not sure why it's ridiculous. The stadium is being practiced on and prepped on Saturday before a Sunday game. Particularly after having two high school games played on it the night before.

Folks should know this.

4 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Welcome to deep in the playoffs. Weather will not be an issue for you guys, your team has the best players to win it all this year. I don't see anybody beating Silsbee. 

Easy now…have you seen a team called Carthage or Wimberley for that matter,or Cuero for that matter,they’re all pretty dang good 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Silsbee vs Cuero, **NRG - Friday @1:30***
  • AggiesAreWe locked this topic