Trump Running in 2024

Hagar

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Trump knows exactly how the dims are stacking the deck against the American people with their liberal/woke/communist ideology. I applaud anyone who fights that tooth and nail. People have died fighting communism for all of us and we reward that (in their memory) by electing them into our government……. Shameful!

Lol you are such a sucker dude

PS - don’t forget to donate your next social security check to the trump 2024 legal defense fund 

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Are you saying the democrats don't try and actually ruin anyone that opposes them?  Remember Kavanaugh, Thomas, I could go on and on.  I'm not talking about simply calling them bad names and making mean tweets (which I won't defend) but I'm talking about LITERALLY trying to destroy lives with KNOWINGLY false information.

Also, don't forget the Russia Collusion crap was also KNOWINGLY made up lies that Hillary Clinton herself was very aware of, actually hired folks to create it.

Your dislike of Trump is skewing you ability to see this is nothing new.

Without a doubt both parties try to discredit each other.  But never in the history of American politics has a politician indulged in the insane, delusional ranting and raving that he's been up to for the last couple of years.  You can throw all of the frivolous lawsuits in as well.  Never has a politician on either side tried to install hundreds of handpicked politicians throughout the country in every race imaginable, while working to discredit their opponents of the same party.  And then when that didn't work out, cue more insane speeches, online posts, etc.  You're right that I don't like the guy, but I've voted for him twice.  That doesn't mean that his behavior isn't extremely alarming, especially since there's a good possibility that he'll be the republican nominee for president in 2024.  

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Without a doubt both parties try to discredit each other.  But never in the history of American politics has a politician indulged in the insane, delusional ranting and raving that he's been up to for the last couple of years.  You can throw all of the frivolous lawsuits in as well.  Never has a politician on either side tried to install hundreds of handpicked politicians throughout the country in every race imaginable, while working to discredit their opponents of the same party.  And then when that didn't work out, cue more insane speeches, online posts, etc.  You're right that I don't like the guy, but I've voted for him twice.  That doesn't mean that his behavior isn't extremely alarming, especially since there's a good possibility that he'll be the republican nominee for president in 2024.  

Meh, the rant is without a doubt a bad look, but for folks that really pay attention, the more nefarious actions that alarm me are the folks embedded in the "real" deep state by sitting Presidents that are not elected and can be weaponized when needed.  That has come to light on many occasions recently.

Folks can be put off by Trump and he can be voted out, as so many on here have said was going to happen, the folks I speak of cannot.

I simply don't see Trump as the dictatorial threat that you do.

59 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

"We the People" may have to fix it ourselves one day.

What does that even mean? “We the people” are given the chance to fix it every two years and we abdicate our authority to corporate money-financed propaganda on both sides. If you’re talking some sort of armed populist uprising, you’ve gotten a hold of some bad acid or something. 

1 hour ago, JSnipes said:

So what would voting look like if we removed names and parties from people? They spoke on their beliefs and their agenda's but we couldn't see their faces. Their history of what they have and haven't supported was shown next to their candidacy (we know a great majority of people aren't going to try and research this). I bet we would find different people in offices all over the country. Too many people vote on parties, or for a name, or against a name, etc. A lot of people vote for a certain party because that's what their parents voted for. I would be willing to be it people really took a neutral approach from the beginning...we would see different results in a lot of elections.

I believe the best course of action would be publicly financed campaigns of a limited fixed duration. Let the primary process play out and the winners all get the same amount of money and air time with 60-90 days to make their case.

8 minutes ago, UT alum said:

What does that even mean? “We the people” are given the chance to fix it every two years and we abdicate our authority to corporate money-financed propaganda on both sides. If you’re talking some sort of armed populist uprising, you’ve gotten a hold of some bad acid or something. 

Trust me, it may come to that one day, especially when everything gets bluer and bluer.  The only thing keeping democrats from confiscating guns like they already have done in many countries is Republicans, and they are slowly taking over.  You don't really think that Democrats are wanting to go after guns because they care about people do you?

I may be on bad acid but at least I'm not drinking the blue Kool-Aid, which is much more dangerous.

27 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Meh, the rant is without a doubt a bad look, but for folks that really pay attention, the more nefarious actions that alarm me are the folks embedded in the "real" deep state by sitting Presidents that are not elected and can be weaponized when needed.  That has come to light on many occasions recently.

Folks can be put off by Trump and he can be voted out, as so many on here have said was going to happen, the folks I speak of cannot.

I simply don't see Trump as the dictatorial threat that you do.

Did you guys already forgot about “Lock her up” and “drain the swamp”? Selective memory strikes again 

Trump was supposed to be the chosen one

he had 4 years and did NOTHING about the “deep state”, but take every opportunity to siphon money off into his and his families pockets.

it’s ok though it’ll be different in 2024, just give him another chance 🤡 

25 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Trust me, it may come to that one day, especially when everything gets bluer and bluer.  The only thing keeping democrats from confiscating guns like they already have done in many countries is Republicans, and they are slowly taking over.  You don't really think that Democrats are wanting to go after guns because they care about people do you?

I may be on bad acid but at least I'm not drinking the blue Kool-Aid, which is much more dangerous.

Some people need to study history and the collapse of great empires

naive with head in the sand.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You’re succumbing to paranoid militia propaganda and it’s NRA mouthpiece. Democrats don’t want to confiscate guns. We want to ban assault weapons. Canada’s gun ownership is comparable to ours without the mass killing weapons a certain segment of our population fetshiizes. It would suit you to adopt some objective reasoning skills.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Some people need to study history and the collapse of great empires

naive with head in the sand.

And to what might you be referring? It’s never as simple as “the hedonism of the Romans” or the “hubris of Napoleon”, the “overreach of the Persians” or other sound bite history. Try reading about the collapse not just of empire, but the whole of civilization in 1177 BC. It’s always more complicated and nuanced.

3 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Nope, I would rather keep the money and take care of my own retirement.  SS has cost me a ton of money, I could have invested that and done so much more with it.

Same with Medicare.

We’re not talking about just you. It’s the 350,000,000 others who don’t possess your perceived expertise at financial wizardry and what I would guess upper middle class income. It’s not jut about you.

36 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You’re succumbing to paranoid militia propaganda and it’s NRA mouthpiece. Democrats don’t want to confiscate guns. We want to ban assault weapons. Canada’s gun ownership is comparable to ours without the mass killing weapons a certain segment of our population fetshiizes. It would suit you to adopt some objective reasoning skills.

I could say the same for you, assault weapon ban is simply the toe-hold.  Your remark about their NRA tells me that you are easily swayed with propaganda.

14 minutes ago, UT alum said:

We’re not talking about just you. It’s the 350,000,000 others who don’t possess your perceived expertise at financial wizardry and what I would guess upper middle class income. It’s not jut about you.

Why should the federal government be in the business of distributing wealth.  Never claimed to be a wizard, can you disagree with demeaning?  I wouldn’t call working hard and taking care of my retirement wizardry, I would call it responsible. I guarantee there are lots of folks like myself that don’t care to have money confiscated to provide for others that didn’t bother to do the same.  Let the states decide if they want to provide this service.