Trump Running in 2024

Hagar

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's about the only part with which I disagreed.  Most people didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump.  I just don't think those same people will have had a change of heart.  I put it like this.... every day they're burying a handful of Trump voters while a TON of liberal thinkers reach the voting age.  At this point I think that Trump gets the nomination and loses to any democrat.... Biden, or otherwise. 

I think we may get to see who's right.....lol

I don't see any Republican getting ahead of Trump

22 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I think we may get to see who's right.....lol

I don't see any Republican getting ahead of Trump

I think that there are enough idiots that still have their MAGA gear that will enable trump to outlast any potential challenges.  

It's a sad time in America when the cult of personality outweighs the greater good. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think that there are enough idiots that still have their MAGA gear that will enable trump to outlast any potential challenges.  

It's a sad time in America when the cult of personality outweighs the greater good. 

Even sadder when hurt feelings outweigh the greater good.

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t own any maga gear. I don’t have any bumper stickers…..and that goes for any politician.

also I didn’t vote for trump in the primary.

does personality really matter when it comes to putting policies in place to better the American life?  I ll answer….NO!

I understand the whole “being electable” portion of the contest but is Desantis much different than  Trump…as far as stance on issues and policies?

11 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I don’t own any maga gear. I don’t have any bumper stickers…..and that goes for any politician.

does personality really matter when it comes to putting policies in place to better the American life?  I ll answer….NO!

I understand the whole “being electable” portion of the contest but is Desantis much different than  Trump…as far as stance on issues and policies?

Same here, any voter that lived through the last two administrations and votes for biden has no concern for the greater good.  

25 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Even sadder when hurt feelings outweigh the greater good.

That's the old fallback... "our guy might be a complete piece of crap, and if you don't like that you're just a snowflake."

I don't care how good of a President he'd make (which is debatable), when you vote for him knowing that it will cause another democrat to get elected.... Those are definitely letting your "feelings" get in the way of winning. 

I'll be honest here... Trump's diehard fans that I know tend to BE like him...  Just insufferable jerks that most people don't like.  And most of them are what my economics professor would call "the great unwashed."  Relatively ignorant of the big picture.  Trump's opponents have to be careful about criticizing him because they don't want to alienate Trumpers should they end up with the nomination.  Trump has no qualms about crapping all over everybody if he can get his old bedroom back... the sad thing is that there are so many fools who enjoy his schtick.  

I think if there's a single republican candidate that rises up early and confronts Trump head on, there might be a chance.  If we have 16 candidates, it's done.  I also think that Trump's going to have a much harder time fundraising this time around.  

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

These polls really mean nothing this early....

But unless something drastic (and I mean DRASTIC), it will be almost impossible to keep Trump from being Republican nominee in 24.....

Why? He has a HUGE base that will vote for him. 

The more in the race, Desantis, Haley, etc just dilutes the votes to Trumps advantage. 

WE have to face it, he received more votes than any other President (except Biden).......if Biden runs, Trump wins. I don't see a repeat with all the obvious mental issues we see with Biden. It would be cruel if people close to him let him run.......and Trump would beat Kamala .......so Dems are in a pickle.....IMO

Sounds like major coping and I’m really not trying to be rude or facetious here 

Trump only won (once) because democrats were stupid enough to elect the most hated woman of all time in Hillary Clinton. Anyone else and trump gets smoked at the polls.

just like 2020 and 2022.. 

22 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yes, it does when a candidate's personality precludes them from actually winning an election.  It doesn't matter what the policies are when you can't get elected to install them.  

I doubt that Desantis is much different than Trump in regards to political beliefs... I'm not saying he's the guy, but he isn't going to drive people to vote Democrat like Trump does.  Dick Cheney would have made a fine President, he was just unelectable.  Nobody thought Trump had a chance and he pulled it off.   Four years later he got smoked, and has done nothing but further alienate potential swing voters since with riots, suits, charges, investigations, character assassinations on his "enemies," etc... and all but about 25% of voters don't want it.  

I'm telling you.... unemployment is at record lows, home prices are through the roof... Biden isn't getting blamed for inflation.  Is the media giving him a pass?  Undoubtedly.  Is there some huge "we need change, and we need it now" movement in the works?  It doesn't seem like it.  Trump is poisonous at this point to all but his most loyal subjects. 

it’s going to be a disaster for GOP in 2024 if trump gets the nomination.. and the trumptards won’t have anyone to blame but themselves. Literally anyone else beats Biden but they’re in a cult and too just too stupid to see the bigger picture here

and then the next cycle of fake news, stolen election, grifting and “donate to save America” continues.. 

bunch of absolute SUCKERS who keep falling for this BS 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's the old fallback... "our guy might be a complete piece of crap, and if you don't like that you're just a snowflake."

I don't care how good of a President he'd make (which is debatable), when you vote for him knowing that it will cause another democrat to get elected.... Those are definitely letting your "feelings" get in the way of winning. 

I'll be honest here... Trump's diehard fans that I know tend to BE like him...  Just insufferable jerks that most people don't like.  And most of them are what my economics professor would call "the great unwashed."  Relatively ignorant of the big picture.  Trump's opponents have to be careful about criticizing him because they don't want to alienate Trumpers should they end up with the nomination.  Trump has no qualms about crapping all over everybody if he can get his old bedroom back... the sad thing is that there are so many fools who enjoy his schtick.  

I think if there's a single republican candidate that rises up early and confronts Trump head on, there might be a chance.  If we have 16 candidates, it's done.  I also think that Trump's going to have a much harder time fundraising this time around.  

Some probably do enjoy his schtick, others, like myself, enjoyed the success the country had while he was President.

I don’t actually know any diehard Trump fans, the folks I know that would vote for him again don’t like the guy personally.

That’s why the Trumptard, Trumper, MAGA hat wearing comments don’t mean anything to me, that and the fact that the opinions of the posters that make them are fairly worthless to me.

1 hour ago, TxFan said:

It's DeSantis or a Democrat in 2024. If you think Trump wins your a fool. I'll vote DeSantis in the primaries and if he doesn't get it I'll write someone in (waste my vote) 

I’ll vote Republican regardless who the nominee is, Trump or Desantis. 
If Trump gets the nomination then please vote Democrat, nobody gives 💩 about your sensitive petty uninformed ignorance. Boy…you’re really going to show Trump who is boss by voting Democrat. Lol

😎

10 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I’ll vote Republican regardless who the nominee is, Trump or Desantis. 
If Trump gets the nomination then please vote Democrat, nobody gives 💩 about your sensitive petty uninformed ignorance. Boy…you’re really going to show Trump who is boss by voting Democrat. Lol

😎

Where did I say vote Democrat? You care enough to respond that I'll vote DeSantis but not Trump.. SMH new lows from the once great party... 

44 minutes ago, TxFan said:

Where did I say vote Democrat? You care enough to respond that I'll vote DeSantis but not Trump.. SMH new lows from the once great party... 

44 minutes ago, TxFan said:

Yeah this party in power is doing Awesome!! Smh

Uh … I believe these are your words “I'll vote DeSantis in the primaries and if he doesn't get it I'll write someone in (waste my vote) ” 

If you don’t vote for the nominee you’re voting democrat. It’s that simple. But keep believing your gonna show Trump by not voting for him if he receives the Republican nomination .🤣😂

12 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Uh … I believe these are your words “I'll vote DeSantis in the primaries and if he doesn't get it I'll write someone in (waste my vote) ” 

If you don’t vote for the nominee you’re voting democrat. It’s that simple. But keep believing your gonna show Trump by not voting for him if he receives the Republican nomination .🤣😂

Not sure why that’s so hard to understand, lol.

28 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

If you vote Trump you’re voting democrat… he can’t win. 

9 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Not my fault that I'll vote a more professional Republican but not pick the lower candidate.. clown world you Twitter nerd live in. What's trending?

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you vote Trump you’re voting democrat… he can’t win. 

Really?…. You know that for a fact?

In a fairly run election I’d take you up on that bet everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Say what you want but the guy won in 2020. He received 12 million more votes than he did his first election. Most ever by a Mile in a 2nd term Presidential run and it’s not even close. Obama received 4 million less votes in his 2nd presidential run an still won. Lol

Your telling me that the majority of Americans want 4 more years of this 💩 we’ve been living through?

14 minutes ago, TxFan said:

Not my fault that I'll vote a more professional Republican but not pick the lower candidate.. clown world you Twitter nerd live in. What's trending?

More Professional 😂🤣😂🤣
I think you have the other TDS (Twitter Derangement Syndrome). Twitter really seems to bother you. 😂

You don’t understand how it works so you make a fool out of yourself talking about it. It must suck to be that intellectually lazy. 

20 minutes ago, TxFan said:

Boom we have a winner!

Only shot he got is D's being dumb enough to nominate Hillary. Other than that no chance

Yeah….Majority of Americans can’t wait to have 4 more years of what we have in office. Talk about Clown World. Smh

Yeah I don’t anyone that could beat Biden after the STELLAR JOB HE HAS DONE!😂

14 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yes, it does when a candidate's personality precludes them from actually winning an election.  It doesn't matter what the policies are when you can't get elected to install them.  

I doubt that Desantis is much different than Trump in regards to political beliefs... I'm not saying he's the guy, but he isn't going to drive people to vote Democrat like Trump does.  Dick Cheney would have made a fine President, he was just unelectable.  Nobody thought Trump had a chance and he pulled it off.   Four years later he got smoked, and has done nothing but further alienate potential swing voters since with riots, suits, charges, investigations, character assassinations on his "enemies," etc... and all but about 25% of voters don't want it.  

I'm telling you.... unemployment is at record lows, home prices are through the roof... Biden isn't getting blamed for inflation.  Is the media giving him a pass?  Undoubtedly.  Is there some huge "we need change, and we need it now" movement in the works?  It doesn't seem like it.  Trump is poisonous at this point to all but his most loyal subjects. 

I get his character flaws but again policies are what I’m looking at.  I also realize that a good part of the country see only the ugliness (I wonder why, several factors including his own) 

People have an issue with not seeing past the outward ugliness……we are talking about our country and it’s future and protecting that future.

when I see president I see leader of the nation….our representative to other nations…..especially when it comes to our borders. Of course Congress plays it’s part.

The liberal party in my opinion doesnt possess the policy backbone to stand firm and be direct. 

nationally  we need to take up the flag as a nation to other nations “DONT TREAD ON ME”

there s many ways to show we mean business without going to war where lives are not lost…..IMO Trump did that and I also believe Desantis would be the same way.

as of now Desantis will get my vote

5 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I get his character flaws but again policies are what I’m looking at.  I also realize that a good part of the country see only the ugliness (I wonder why, several factors including his own) 

People have an issue with not seeing past the outward ugliness……we are talking about our country and it’s future and protecting that future.

when I see president I see leader of the nation….our representative to other nations…..especially when it comes to our borders. Of course Congress plays it’s part.

The liberal party in my opinion doesnt possess the policy backbone to stand firm and be direct. 

nationally  we need to take up the flag as a nation to other nations “DONT TREAD ON ME”

there s many ways to show we mean business without going to war where lives are not lost…..IMO Trump did that and I also believe Desantis would be the same way.

I Agree with your post but I’ll have to see who Desantis’s Big Donors are before I decide to vote for him. Should be a knock down drag out primary for the Republican Party.

And like I’ve said before, there are things that haven’t even happened yet that will shape the Republican Primaries. Should be interesting. 

28 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

It's sad that we're in a place where there are literally millions of folks that are openly say, I don't care about policy, I am simply basing my vote on likeability.

It is what it is and we have to deal with it.  I hope Trump doesn't run simply because we have to work around American Idol voters.

Saddest part is, that's not gonna get any better.