LCM vs Kilgore

BattlinBear02

Just all the hype that was made about how good they were going to be, weren't they ranked in the top 10-15 in the state? 

I would say this years team would be very comparable to the bears teams in the past, keep in mind they were competing well in the now 5A district for a lot of those years. If its not about wins and losses, what are we talking about? Are the bears churning out a bunch of future Rhodes Scholars? If thats the case congrats to those young men.

Just now, Cherokee88 said:

Just all the hype that was made about how good they were going to be, weren't they ranked in the top 10-15 in the state? 

I would say this years team would be very comparable to the bears teams in the past, keep in mind they were competing well in the now 5A district for a lot of those years. If its not about wins and losses, what are we talking about? Are the bears churning out a bunch of future Rhodes Scholars? If thats the case congrats to those young men.

its been said again and again they've lost key starters that are playing on Saturdays. Pretty sure rankings mean nothing unless you're #1. The rest doesn't matter. 

Look….it’s no secret that based off of last year that this year has been…..different.  However, each year is gonna be different.  LCM needs to stick to the run first.  That can open up the pass, but with Kilgores secondary, we want to keep that at a minimum.  For those saying this is the same ol Bears….don’t let the let down fool ya.  These Bears scrap it out.  Lumberton was a different story.  They had our number from the jump.

3 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Interesting, I just thought the LCM would have continued the momentum rather than limp into the playoffs in a mediocre district. How many guys are now playing on Saturdays? 

I see why you are such the detractor now….Good ol PNG.  Same folks that tried to get Peevey with a wad of cash away from LCM…😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, LCMBearnatic said:

I see why you are such the detractor now….Good ol PNG.  Same folks that tried to get Peevey with a wad of cash away from LCM…😂😂😂

Png guy. Makes sense now. Still disappointed about the scrimmage they didn’t want us to leave after the allotted time until they made it in the endzone with the 2s...

9 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Png guy. Makes sense now. Still disappointed about the scrimmage they didn’t want us to leave after the allotted time until they made it in the endzone with the 2s...

Lol surely we arent bragging on a scrimmage.... No offense but the Indians would have beat the Bears like a drum this year.

13 minutes ago, LCMBearnatic said:

I think PNG ended up just fine on the coaching front. Coach Joseph is doing a fine job. I just hope the Bears can figure out a way to beat the Pirates next year, then maybe you can come sit at the big boy table. 

14 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Lol surely we arent bragging on a scrimmage.... No offense but the Indians would have beat the Bears like a drum this year.

Glad you're referring to this year when the Indians didn't make it in the endzone in 2 quarters all we have to guage it by.. . And IIRC last 2 years they played 11,12 was it????  it was LCM by several scores....

So we may not be able to get vidor but that sounds the same as the Indians getting past LCM if were talking about last games played

1 minute ago, Cherokee88 said:

I appreciate you being a fan, but your football knowledge needs to be questioned if you really are that fired up over a scrimmage. Also, if you think LCM could stay on the field with the Indians this year you probably need to stay off the football message boards. 

I guess you missed the only non speculative thing we had to guage that by. Png 1s were scoreless against a medicore defense that limped through a weak district.

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I guess you missed the only non speculative thing we had to guage that by. Png 1s were scoreless against a medicore defense that limped through a weak district.

Setxathlete is right.  Lcm absolutely won that scrimmage and their record should be adjusted to 7-4.  

6 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

Was that scrimmage 1 or 2 with a new staff? 8-2 and a minimum of 1 playoff win I guess is "Limping". I believe we thumped that WOS team that beat yall if common opponents means anything to you.  Is the WOS recruit, or transfer playing yet for yall?

I was referring to your points about lcm.....also to your point LCM should have thumped them too and was outcoached for that one. I'm also curious to which lcm team we will see tomorrow. We will know pretty quick. I hope to see some dogs in them again that has been elusive for a full 4 quarters in any game this year...