Crosby vs Longview

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, Kjetx07 said:

that’s what’s so great about having these 2 on the same offense. sell out on one & the other is going to have a career night. 

And what often gets forgotten is Longview has TWO WRs with DI offers.

He kinda stands in the shadow of Hale but you absolutely cannot forget about DK Reese (#11) either, the JR 6'3 175 pound specimen on the other side of Hale. I think his number gets called more in this playoff run.

Same can be said about the backfield. Tatum is Tatum but sleeping on Alijah Johnson (#15) is not recommended.

It's going to be hard to defend this Longview offense, and that to me is the crazy part about this matchup. Because the Crosby offense is already going to have their hands beyond full with the Lobo defense.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:33 PM, 89Falcon said:

Well spoken. It is worthy of note that Longview is "not a typical 1 seed" as well. 

What’s different about them? They have less FBS prospects than FB Marshall does.  They’re better coached but they have the same caliber athletes at PAM does this year. They’re great no doubt but they’re not atypical like the 2020 Denton Ryan team. 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:39 PM, Kjetx07 said:

Longview’s defense hasn’t given up more than 13 points in a game this season. 7 of the 19 that north mesquite scored came from a scoop & score late late in the 4th quarter when the game was already out of hand. I respect the Crosby program but I’ve been watching lobo football since the early 2000’s & this is without a doubt the best team I’ve ever seen us field. if Longview comes with their A game which the my usually do in the playoffs, I don’t see how we don’t win by 4 or more scores. 

I think your assumption is that Crosby is your typical bi-district opponent? We may well be but it’s going to be interesting to see how well we can match up now that we’re relatively healthy. The only position group I would give Crosby the nod at over LV is QB, if Beaumont Westbrook doesn’t fumble late I wouldn’t even give it to you at coach. Hard not to be confident when we got blow out by Kingwood Park though🤷🏾‍♂️

On 11/6/2022 at 9:15 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Longview's defense has surrendered a total of 70 points all season, 8 total in the second half (unfortunate fumble by our second team against North Mesquite with 3 minutes to go to make that doubled for the season).

Crosby is back healthy and ready to go.

Interested to see how the 3+ hour drive will impact the Cougars, not to mention playing in Lobo Stadium for the first time.

Lobos haven't lost a home playoff game since 1984. The closest game since then was Beaumont West Brook back in 2017, a 3 score advantage. Magnolia game last season ended 21 points as well, but that game was completely dominated by Longview outside of about a 4 minute stretch to end the half.

Will be interested to see what Crosby can bring that they think can attack against us. Taylor Tatum will get his yards. Jalen Hale will get his yards. I don't think the Coogs have the weapons to keep up with us to be honest, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Lobo defense has allowed a total of 565 rushing yards this season, so feel like Crosby's only real plan would be to throw the ball.

Excited to see a new team in person. Hope y'all bring some type of crowd.

With all of our games being on Texan Live and it being a rainy, cold night I don’t think a normal Crosby crowd is going to make the trip? Relatively the same distance but a way harder drive than it would be for the Crosby fans to Lancaster where a bunch of our fans would’ve just spent the night in Dallas. Disappointing to say the least but these are the consequences of a sub-par season. 

On 11/6/2022 at 11:02 AM, Unwoke said:

We’ll they have cowbells and a poster that can bench 400lbs & talks to people that make $800k a year. Hope y’all can deal with that.😁

Alright man, only because I’m shallow though🤣 When you get bumped up to project manager we can discuss contracts and verify the second part of the claim🤙🏾

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Alright man, only because I’m shallow though🤣 When you get bumped up to project manager we can discuss contracts and verify the second part of the claim🤙🏾

Shallow Indeed……Don’t forget your Cowbell!😎

Still a idiotic statement in the context it was used. Basically…nobody gives a 💩

Kinda reminds me of something Beto would say. Lol

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What’s different about them? They have less FBS prospects than FB Marshall does.  They’re better coached but they have the same caliber athletes at PAM does this year. They’re great no doubt but they’re not atypical like the 2020 Denton Ryan team. 

What is different about LV than the other #1 seeds? They are the only #1 seed that is ranked #1 in the state in 5AD1. Report back after the game and let us know how they look. Let us know if they resemble FBM or what "caliber athletes" they have. 

On 11/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, Kjetx07 said:

you’ve definitely been watching longer than me & have seen a lot more teams come through than i have. But if this seasons team ends up bringing home another ring, idk what team i could put over them since I’ve been watching. I’ve never seen a lobo defense do what this one is doing. under 600 rushing yards allowed through 10 games is crazy to think about. A good number of teams had given up that many  halfway through the season.

If Crosby can’t manufacture some type of running game we’re probably going to lose pretty substantially. I think we’re going to have to run for ~ 200 yards and have right around 400 yards total unless we get a couple of turnovers we can capitalize on. 

With the offensive line being what it is, I think the only way we can hope to run it with any effectiveness is to be successful in the screen game and cause LV to have to commit more players to the perimeter which gets them out of the box. Lancaster was pretty successful in the quick passing game and the sophomore QB looked good when he had to run it against the LV defense. Myles has also looked a lot better since our receivers have gotten healthy and some personnel changes made up front. Still going to be a daunting task to block #99 and #45

9 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Shallow Indeed……Don’t forget your Cowbell!😎

Still a idiotic statement in the context it was used. Basically…nobody gives a 💩

Kinda reminds me of something Beto would say. Lol

Cool, just letting you know selling woof tickets. Obviously you do since you post it in literally EVERY Crosby thread. Good luck to you boys this week. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Cool, just letting you know selling woof tickets. Obviously you do since you post it in literally EVERY Crosby thread. Good luck to you boys this week. 

Don’t get too excited, I scroll an comment on a lot threads. I can’t let you live down your out of whack statements that have nothing to do with nothing. Lol

Maybe your Boy Beteaux can run for dog catcher over in one of the Louisiana Parishes an get a win. 😁

Good Luck to the Crosby Boys , sounds like they’re going to have their hands full. 

Hopefully my Pirates can get W.