Silsbee (26) @ Jasper (23) - FINAL

jdawg03

14 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I remember Ben Bronson. Looked like the dude could sling a football 50 yards from his knees if he had to.

Yeah. I saw him do that many times at practice. He was our punter and could kick a 35-40 yard field goal if we ever needed to. Back then, we had a guy that had maybe 50-yard range that ended up kicking at Tulane. 

Anyway, there wasn't a thing in sports that Ben couldn't do better than most. 

27 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Shouldn't you be at a Trump rally or protesting the right to carry somewhere. The weather is to nice for you to be here arguing with me. 

Dang …. you went from Silsbee’s game last night which if you look at my post earlier in the week you’d see that I predicted Silsbee would win, to Silsbee beating Vidor in the first game of the season, to a Trump Rally! Lol

You sound like the candidate Fetterman running for office in Pennsylvania  or better yet Joe Biden. 

Let me guess….you can bench press 400lbs and you talk to people that make 800k a year. Lol

Sorry Spanky, just calling it like I see it. You are now not allowed to criticize any refs that result in a Silsbee lost from this day going forward. Remember the internet is forever. 😘

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yes and it can be viewed now or at anytime by anyone for free. Just like all their other home games. It was fun going back and forth between the 2 to hear the different povs. Even though I was rooting for the dawgs, the Silsbee broadcast was more exciting. He does a better job of keeping the listeners into the atmosphere.

I'll try this again.

I like Scott Loar, who is the commentator that Jasper brought in most of the time, but he goes over the top even for a homer. Ron Vickers has gotten better doing play-by-play, but he struggles a bit with what's happening at times. It's not a shot at either of them, but just an objective observation. We were spoiled by one of the best local announcers around for 40 years. He's a hard act to follow.

I don't know who does Silsbee's games now, but Mike was exceptional as was Gary Stelly in Orange. I'm an audiophile, so I listen to more games than I watch. We had three really good ones in SETX for a long time. 

8 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Dang …. you went from Silsbee’s game last night which if you look at my post earlier in the week you’d see that I predicted Silsbee would win to Silsbee beating Vidor in the first game of the season to a Trump Rally! Lol

You sound like the candidate Fetterman running for office in Pennsylvania  or better yet Joe Biden. 

Let me guess….you can bench press 400lbs and you talk to people that make 800k a year. Lol

Sorry Spanky, just calling it like I see it. You are now not allowed to criticize any refs that result in a Silsbee lost from this day going forward. Remember the internet is forever. 😘

Oh ok

6 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I like Scott Loar, who is the commentator that Jasper brought in most of the time, but he goes over the top even for a homer. Ron Vickers has gotten better doing play-by-play, but he struggles a bit with what's happening at times. It's not a shot at either of them, but just an objective observation. We were spoiled by one of the best local announcers around for 40 years. He's a hard act to follow.

I don't know who does Silsbee's games now, but Mike was exceptional as was Gary Stelly in Orange. I'm an audiophile, so I listen to more games than I watch. We had three really good ones in SETX for a long time. 

Mike and Scroggins were solid for sure. With more and more outlets steaming games, radio is becoming obsolete. 

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Mike and Scroggins were solid for sure. With more and more outlets steaming games, radio is becoming obsolete. 

I'm sure a lot of them simulcast like KJAS does for now, but I think you're right. It'll die out eventually at the high school level. Radio is still very big at the college and pro levels. 

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Looking at the video between the 2:30 and 2:35 marks (just the minutes and seconds) that could very well be a catch. Unfortunately a Silsbee players head crossed in front of the camera angle at the critical time to tell for real so you have to go with what the Back Judge calls unless the Side Judges or Referee over turns it. As far as that BJ goes I know for a fact he does his absolute best every game whether it be Jr. High, High School or College. None of these refs are perfect but they at least give their time to go out and make sure your kids are playing in a safe manner and folowing the rules. If you are one of the people who think thye can dfo better than by all means join the football officials association and start giving your time. The pay isn't the best but it does pay.

On 11/5/2022 at 3:29 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

Thank you sir for those kind words. Means a lot.

I do miss doing the games but not so much the setting up and the breaking down involved in doing the broadcasts. If all I had to do was show up, put a headset on and do my thing, I probably could be talked into doing a few games. lol

50 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I do miss doing the games but not so much the setting up and the breaking down involved in doing the broadcasts. If all I had to do was show up, put a headset on and do my thing, I probably could be talked into doing a few games. lol

Is there a chance you will do any Tiger playoff games? 

As far as "the catch". Watching game film, a Silsbee and Jasper players' helmet is in the way at the end of the catch. What you can see is, a Silsbee WR (11) wide open going on a post rout, the Silsbee QB makes a good throw, a Jasper defender (4) makes a great play jumping up and deflecting the ball knocking it behind the Silsbee WR. This deflection also slows the velocity of the ball. The Silsbee WR adjusts and reaches back, you can actually see the ball at the WR hands before the helmets get in the way. All the Jasper defenders wave their hands for incomplete except one, the closet Jasper defender, he was looking down at the ball and didn't wave his hands incomplete. The one Silsbee WR closest to the play immediately raised his hands for a TD. Now this part is what convinces me it was a catch. The back judge, the only ref in the secondary, was nine yards behind the catch. Because the ball was deflected and behind the Silsbee WR, he had to reach behind him exposing his hands and ball to the back Ref. The Ref reacted by walking forward looking down at the Silsbee WR and then raised his hands for a TD. That is what Refs do when they see a catch is to make sure the WR secures the catch. If the Ref had seen the ball hit the ground they wave incomplete immediately. Again, just to make sure, I have not seen any angle from any film that shows the finished catch. Every angle has some kind of obstruction. I am not saying anyone is not telling the truth, I'm just going by video I have seen and player action and Ref action. I hope this helps. This game was every bit as good as most people thought it would be for the big rivalry that this game is. TigerNation!!! 

2 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

Will the Beaumont chapter call Jasper games next year?  

I personally wish they would use Beaumont guys in the entire area. I don't see why the schools pay extra for the Houston guys travel when they all are in the same organization going through the same training. The only time you should use out of area officials is when you are playing a neutral site game. That's just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

I personally wish they would use Beaumont guys in the entire area. I don't see why the schools pay extra for the Houston guys travel when they all are in the same organization going through the same training. The only time you should use out of area officials is when you are playing a neutral site game. That's just my opinion.

Some times you have to go out of the area to get officials because there are not enough crews locally to cover all the games.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You're welcome, man. I always wanted to move back home and follow in Art's footsteps. I'm sure you knew him pretty well. Anyway, it would be cool for you to just "show up" and call a few games. 

19 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

You're welcome, man. I always wanted to move back home and follow in Art's footsteps. I'm sure you knew him pretty well. Anyway, it would be cool for you to just "show up" and call a few games. 

Loved Art. He was special and a good man.

I helped with the WO-S/Silsbee game this year. Had a lot of fun. Was nice just to walk in press box, put on a headset and talk and not have to deal with the producing of the broadcast.

Hopefully I can get this arrangement again in the playoffs.

On 11/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

Well looks like I'll be back in the saddle again. Going to be helping with the East Chambers broadcast Friday night vs. Woodville.