West Orange-Stark (14) @ Jasper (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Current record is 4-5 (2-3)

2018 finished 9-5 (4-0) losing to Silsbee in 4th round

1999 finished 7-3 (4-3) no playoffs

I predict we finish 5-6 (3-3) losing to Bellville 1st round.

Hard to stay optimistic with this regime 

That 1999 season i believe PNG only loss was to WOS. PNG went to the state championship game that year. 

13 hours ago, BigRed5 said:

Congratulations! You all have gotten what you wanted! Change! You get rid of a coach and staff that did nothing but win!! None of you guys should be saying a word! You got what you wanted! In one year, the tradition and reputation of WOS football has been destroyed! Congratulations!!

They got change alright… upgraded the locker room and training facility, got a ‘coach who cares’. Big downgrade in the performance on the field, game plan and season record. A downturn from an experienced team with high expectations. What happens when they have a rebuilding year with a team full of underclassmen? Give the new guy more time to implement his changes across the program then watch the further decay and downward spiral. I say keep the change, change back to the old ball coach and his experienced assistants.

5 hours ago, Gasilla said:

The only thing I'll say different, is, knowing he had no experience, he decided to hire coordinators who had no experience. So now, we have the 3 head guys who have a combined 0 years of experience at their positions.

4 hours ago, dj said:

It will only get worse for everyone!!

3 hours ago, mat said:

I for one was supporting the program and the new hire saying give him a chance. I never imagined such a spiraling meltdown. Here’s some key points.

1. The new hire was with the program under CT. He must not have been a very good learner. His plan was to change everything that works.
  2. At this rate LCM will not be recruiting players. They will be voluntarily lining up.
  3. The district has now invested millions into first rate facilities in support of a program that after not even a full season, is no longer first rate.
  4. The program has dug a hole that will be difficult to dig out of.
  5. I will not criticize Harris for what looks like a poor hire. It happens. How he handles it from this season forward will tell the tale. 

Didn’t the new guy receive a not so warm welcome from the community during his introduction. I can only imagine the level of vitriol headed his way if things do not improve and only get worse. There were a lot of people that wanted someone else, who was from the community and understood the tradition, maybe they were onto something. From an outside perspective, very little if any changes were needed to the actual game planning, offensive and defensive schemes to remain successful.

What most of you don’t understand is kids these days are soft. Hooks and Thompson came from the old school days. They new how to win. And blaming a coach his first year is just ridiculous in my opinion. All you want to be coaches go get a degree and see how you can do. When you start petitions on someone I wouldn’t want to even stay in the community. WOS will be back give the guy a chance and stop coaching from the sidelines. SMDH 

4 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Don’t know nothing about the kid that was kicked off, other than I’ve heard from several in the community that he was a turd.   Two sides to every story.

As far as the Carl Broussard story.   CT was a character witness.   He can only testify as to what he knew the man to be.   I’m fairly confident that CT didn’t condone he’s actions and what he was found guilty of.

I know Broussard personally, myself.   He coached at my high school in 1995, and I ran into him over the years.   What he did was beyond reproach, but that’s not the person I knew.

To say CT didn’t have morals, and wasn’t a man of a character as some in West Orange want ppl to believe is bull crap.  They are reaping what they have sown.

Excellent post.  And I respect your opinion.  I know you knew dude from back in the day but what’s that Janet Jackson song?  What have you done for me lately?  Lately, he committed that crime.  Those are just facts.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We're not allowed to post it but ole dude made another video on Facebook im told and it's classic. 

He made it lastnite.and there is another one out there by someone else.rather not give names.this rhing just keeps getting worse.ik the kid who was on the phone at halftime with his dad.lol, just ran into him. This thing want end well !!

1 minute ago, dj said:

He made it lastnite.and there is another one out there by someone else.rather not give names.this rhing just keeps getting worse.ik the kid who was on the phone at halftime with his dad.lol, just ran into him. This thing want end well !!

Wait a minute, the phone at halftime really is a thing?? I thought someone was just being funny. 

1 hour ago, dj said:

Maybe there was a few on the phone,the conversation I heard was not father/son,even if it was it would still be wild imo 

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

They got change alright… upgraded the locker room and training facility, got a ‘coach who cares’. Big downgrade in the performance on the field, game plan and season record. A downturn from an experienced team with high expectations. What happens when they have a rebuilding year with a team full of underclassmen? Give the new guy more time to implement his changes across the program then watch the further decay and downward spiral. I say keep the change, change back to the old ball coach and his experienced assistants.

Toothpaste is already out of the tube now,  an it’s going to be a mess trying to put it back in by hand. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

We're not allowed to post it but ole dude made another video on Facebook im told and it's classic. 

Yes he did but isn’t he one of the ones that started a petition to have CT removed? If so then he needs to own the Mustang Rehabilitation at WOS. The Dallas Duck needs to look in the mirror as to whom is to blame for this tremendous season that is going on. 

6 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Yes he did but isn’t he one of the ones that started a petition to have CT removed? If so then he needs to own the Mustang Rehabilitation at WOS. The Dallas Duck needs to look in the mirror as to whom is to blame for this tremendous season that is going on. 

He alone started the petition,I heard there’s a new one but haven’t been able to find it 🤷‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Rodney Dotson said:

What most of you don’t understand is kids these days are soft. Hooks and Thompson came from the old school days. They new how to win. And blaming a coach his first year is just ridiculous in my opinion. All you want to be coaches go get a degree and see how you can do. When you start petitions on someone I wouldn’t want to even stay in the community. WOS will be back give the guy a chance and stop coaching from the sidelines. SMDH 

Well since u need to hear this. I only say something that is straight from a coach. Trust me u as an outsider has no idea how bad it is here. I through a hint earlier that it will only get worse for a reason. Something not meant to be shared on here.at the end of the day. Every side loses here. I wanna know since when do kids talk on cellphone at halftime.this thing is outta control.lol, try going to there practice and see !! Just today I had parent tell me that he would pay his kid not to go anymore.bcz, he doesn't like how things are going.i never thought in a million years would be here!!

I hate to hear about what's going on down there. I really hope it's just a bump in the road and that WOS gets somewhere close to what Mustang fans expect very soon. That may sound a bit naive coming from an outsider that is long gone from the area, but I love the rivalry as much as the one we have with Silsbee. We've seen the downfall of teams like LaMarque, Willowridge, etc. and it would be sad to see you guys heading down that road. If Hickman isn't the guy, who truly is?

Now, Jasper fans have gone through this more than once and it looks like we finally found the guy that can bring us the same sustained success (or better) that we had a few decades back. Crumedy has that "it" factor and seems to have changed the culture from the minute he took the job. The Bulldogs seem to be getting better quickly, too.