Galena Park at Nederland oct 21

lcm93

Yes they are young, however just about every team in Texas plays with some sophomores and yes they may be playing hard but they don’t deserve better They have a ton of turnovers, dropped passes, poor secondary coverage, poor tackling, poor blocking, and poor special teams play, so I will agree with youth and playing hard, however I can’t go with  deserving better after being destroyed in 5 of their 6 losses

23 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes they are young, however just about every team in Texas plays with some sophomores and yes they may be playing hard but they don’t deserve better They have a ton of turnovers, dropped passes, poor secondary coverage, poor tackling, poor blocking, and poor special teams play, so I will agree with youth and playing hard, however I can’t go with  deserving better after being destroyed in 5 of their 6 losses

And yet with all that poor secondary coverage and poor tackling only gave up one TD on defense to the #2 team in the state in 5A Division 2

7 hours ago, spidersal said:

And May have gained 50 yards  on offense and how many turnovers? So your point is?

But since you brought it up...offense is a complete disaster, part of that problem is the lack of good receivers but there's a work around to that, I personally wish the offense we're running now is scrapped in favor of a running attack similar to what we had in the late 90s the talent and personnel is there to run it IMO

On 10/16/2022 at 8:47 AM, spidersal said:

I agree on changing offenses  You have to do what is best for your personnel # 12 looks like he would be a good RB. I just don’t understand why they can’t develop a QB

You certainty have a good point on the offense though IMO

One thing I remember from the other night was when the pocket startedcollapsing the Nederland QB who had already dropped back behind it ran back up into it. It was almost like he wanted to get sacked.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:10 PM, spidersal said:

And May have gained 50 yards  on offense and how many turnovers? So your point is?

Alright I give up. You win. Now please share with us what it is that makes you hate Nederland with so much passion. You are supposed to be a Lumberton fan. Correct? Do you have family playing there? A friend? Or you just cant stand Nederland? I am seriously curious. You talk down Nederland like the teams who play them that week. But its every single week. By know means am I saying you cant I just winder why?

7 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Alright I give up. You win. Now please share with us what it is that makes you hate Nederland with so much passion. You are supposed to be a Lumberton fan. Correct? Do you have family playing there? A friend? Or you just cant stand Nederland? I am seriously curious. You talk down Nederland like the teams who play them that week. But its every single week. By know means am I saying you cant I just winder why?

Ole spidey is dealing with some long term Nederland Football jealousy, built up anger & mental anguish caused by incidents that did not go his or her way in the past to be ranting negatively on coaches, players & fans for so many years. I have offered support & an ear to talk about this hate issue. But can't seem to get thru to spidey to even sit at some games to talk football or even put his or her name on one of the many negative posts, so maybe someone in the setxsports or Nederland community can get him or her over this hurtful & tramatic bulldog experience.

Prep all fan and KP89, you 2 just don’t get my post These post have nothing to do with me hating Nederland I like the Bulldogs, however this season my post have been about bad football and the facts

again facts for this season:

they are a poor football team this season. 1-6 being blown out in 5 of their 6 losses

the coaching this season is horrible.   just look at every position    turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, poor tackling, bad secondary coverage, etc.  that is poor coaching

There is not much talent this year. That is one of the reasons they are 1-6

again these are not my opinions. They are facts for this season

again my posts have nothing to do with hating the Bulldogs and everything to do with a bad football season

my opinion is that with 4 teams from each district making the playoffs the Bulldogs should go every year. WOS, Silsbee, PNG, NS don’t seem to have a problem with that

So evidently, according to prepball fan and KP89 I am missing this terrific football being played by Nederland this season and should post on what a wonderful season they are having

7 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Prep all fan and KP89, you 2 just don’t get my post These post have nothing to do with me hating Nederland I like the Bulldogs, however this season my post have been about bad football and the facts

they are a poor football team this season. 1-6 being blown out in 5 of their 6 losses

the coaching this season is horrible.   just look at every position    turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, poor tackling, bad secondary coverage, etc.  that is poor coaching

again my posts have nothing to do with hating the Bulldogs and everything to do with a bad football season

my opinion is that with 4 teams from each district making the playoffs the Bulldogs should go every year. WOS, Silsbee, PNG, NS don’t seem to have a problem with that

So evidently, according to prepball fan and KP89 I am missing this terrific football being played by Nederland this season and should post on what a wonderful season they are having

I think the point is you were never this vocal when Nederland was winning.

I agree, Nederland is not a good team this year and should take some criticism.

It just comes across as you have an axe to grind.

47 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think the point is you were never this vocal when Nederland was winning.

I agree, Nederland is not a good team this year and should take some criticism.

It just comes across as you have an axe to grind.

Not being ass vocal may have meant that it was just business as usual for the Dawgs. This year certainly isn't. I just hope that players attitude over there is like it was one year that Lumberton went O-fer, the coach told me that he unfortunatley didn't have any talent that year but hte kids walked into that locker room every day like they were going to win and he loved that about them.

You are right I was not very vocal when they were winning, simply happy that they were winning. IMO they should be winning every year and making the playoffs every year

Yes my posts are facts, but mainly for these other posters that keep saying the talent is there and they are improving 

I see little improvement if any, and if the talent is there, why are they playing so bad

If the talent is there, they better find a new coaching staff quickly , because IMO this may be one of the weakest Nederland teams in the history of Nederland football!

I am sure these posters are watching the games, but by their comments I don’t think they understand the difference between good football and poor football 

Well, here are the facts.  

Nederland lost a good part of their upper classmen due to whatever reason.  They are relying on sophormore (15-16 yr olds) to toe the line.  Coaches are in unfamiliar territory here.  They're doing the best they can.   I've watched most all the games.  Are there bone head mistakes.  Heck yea.  But they are going out each Friday night and competing.  They know they are not making the playoffs.  But they can't wait to put on that gold helmet with Old English N on it.

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

Whatever you tell yourself to make you think it is not an anger & bad emotional problem you have with Nederland coaches & players to consistently & constantly post they are not good at any area of football the last couple years, Spidey. It's all good tho, it is just kind of hard to take you seriously & understand this weekly negative beat down of only Nederland, when other local teams are bad also not knowing why or who you are to even care so much about the Dawgs. Like i said before I will be on the visitors side at home games, at the top, next to press box scoreboard side if you ever need to get this Coach Barrow\Nederland hostility off your chest or just talk football or sports in general. Myself & the SETXSPORTS community is here to help curb your negativity man.

Sincerely your football friend,

Mike Hiltz