PNG v. Fort Bend Marshall (09/24/22 @ 12:00)

Rez Ipsa

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

Going to with FBM in this one. too much speed and factor in the heat.  i might be wrong, but hisd and for bend schools play more day games than golden triangle teams. PNG might be conditioned, but are they conditioned for 100+ degree heat in stead of 80-85 degree NIGHT time heat??

They practice everyday in the heat of the day so I feel like they will be. No matter how conditioned you are, 100 plus on the field is going to affect people. It is more about depth and keeping kids fresh versus practice conditions in my opinion. I do agree that the speed of FBM will be something that can wear a team down. 

21 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

ATV accident.  I’m no Doctor, but according to the pic I saw I don’t think he will ever play again and will have trouble with his leg the rest of his life.  Hopefully I’m wrong.  

O man from a personal experience I was in a bad ATV accident in 09 and couldn't play anymore hopefully he makes a full recovery the long haul is more important than the season 

2 hours ago, Scratchy6422 said:

O man from a personal experience I was in a bad ATV accident in 09 and couldn't play anymore hopefully he makes a full recovery the long haul is more important than the season 

I don't know anything about it, but I'm hoping he'll be back, and hopefully by mid season. And I'm not saying this with regard to the team, although he's greatly missed, of course.  I'm saying it for him.  It's his Sr year and he obviously loves to play football.  

District 9-5A Port Neches-Groves (2-1) at No. 3 Fort Bend Marshall (2-1) 12pm @ Mercer 
Marshall remains ranked No. 3 in the state in Class 5A Division II, and now the Buffalos will begin their quest for yet another district title. This time around, they open with a PNG team that has won consecutive games against Beaumont United and West Orange-Stark. Marshall enters this game following an off week after beating Alief Taylor 47-0 in its nondistrict finale two weeks ago. The team’s only loss came in overtime against Crosby. Quarterback Jordon Davis has stepped up for the Buffalos’ offense this season, allowing Houston commit Ja’Koby Banks to play his natural receiver position. Marshall has won 22 consecutive district games dating back to a loss against Manvel in 2019. The Buffalos are 3-0 against PNG, beating them in the playoffs in 2018, 2019 and 2020. The closest game was the most recent one when Marshall won 21-14.

Written By

This is the hidden content, please
- high school sports coordinator for the Houston Chronicle.

6 hours ago, KF89 said:

District 9-5A Port Neches-Groves (2-1) at No. 3 Fort Bend Marshall (2-1) 12pm @ Mercer 
Marshall remains ranked No. 3 in the state in Class 5A Division II, and now the Buffalos will begin their quest for yet another district title. This time around, they open with a PNG team that has won consecutive games against Beaumont United and West Orange-Stark. Marshall enters this game following an off week after beating Alief Taylor 47-0 in its nondistrict finale two weeks ago. The team’s only loss came in overtime against Crosby. Quarterback Jordon Davis has stepped up for the Buffalos’ offense this season, allowing Houston commit Ja’Koby Banks to play his natural receiver position. Marshall has won 22 consecutive district games dating back to a loss against Manvel in 2019. The Buffalos are 3-0 against PNG, beating them in the playoffs in 2018, 2019 and 2020. The closest game was the most recent one when Marshall won 21-14.

Written By

This is the hidden content, please
- high school sports coordinator for the Houston Chronicle.

OOOHH, man, I love this article.  What a set-up!! 

Go Indians!