BH vs Crosby

BHFAN

BH vs Crosby  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

16 hours ago, kenny powers said:

James Williams is a terrible coach lol. With as much talent as that dude has he should be Katy Jr but the difference between Katys program and FBM is coaching. Katy wouldnt put up with Chris Marshall acting a fool but James Williams did which is why he loses games he has no business losing. No discipline. 

Imagine fixing your mouth to say that when BH has all the benefits and still can't win. Dude is dealing with things like players on his team being killed during the season, kids "acting a fool" is just something he's got to deal with more than other coaches. You're talking about no discipline but in the recent games we've played BH has far more personal fouls than FBM. Either way, I'd rather my son play for a guy who wants to help him vs a guy who tells a recruiter to pull a scholarship offer from a kid "because he isn't going anywhere" and give it to Herndon. 

After watching the film from the BH vs Sterling game last week I feel very confident that the Crosby ball carriers will have a good day running the ball. BH's dbs are kind of small and slow so they play a lot of off coverage even on short passing downs. I think the Crosby staff will be able to exploit that with the screen game. Roberson had 95 receiving yards and 2 tds in his first game back and I expect him to have an even bigger night on BH if they play with the single high safety like they did Sterling. BH does have two vey solid d-linemen but I think the o-line will perform well after having already played six P5 defensive linemen on the schedule. 

On defense as long as we don't get beat deep I don't see how BH scores a lot of points? I think they're running the quick passing game because they don't think their o-line can hold up? Very first offensive play for BH against Sterling the QB threw what would've been a pick six against Crosby's dbs when the Sterling defender just squatted on a hitch. Both of BH's running backs are small, they're not burners and don't run with a bunch of wiggle which is a good thing for the Crosby defenders trying to tackle them. QB won't kill us with his feet like Holdren did either. He escaped the pocket one time on Sterling and had a huge chunk play if he cuts it up but chose to avoid the contact and ran out of bounds. I believe we're getting one of our stud linebackers back this week? Crosby is going to blitz and BH's qb is going to have to show he can handle/escape pressure or he's going to get sacked half a dozen times and probably throw some picks trying to rush the ball out. 

BH's personnel looked physically imposing on film last year. This year they don't. If Crosby doesn't turn the ball over or have a bunch on penalties I expect us to have a good night against this version of BH. 

23 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Imagine fixing your mouth to say that when BH has all the benefits and still can't win. Dude is dealing with things like players on his team being killed during the season, kids "acting a fool" is just something he's got to deal with more than other coaches. You're talking about no discipline but in the recent games we've played BH has far more personal fouls than FBM. Either way, I'd rather my son play for a guy who wants to help him vs a guy who tells a recruiter to pull a scholarship offer from a kid "because he isn't going anywhere" and give it to Herndon. 

BH has never had the athletes that FBM has so making excuses for them or saying BH is in the same boat is ridiculous.  So those issues gives him an excuse to let his players act a fool and be undisciplined lol. Ok. What about not running the ball last year against BH instead of throwing it and neutralizing his advantage over BH? Brilliant coaching. Losing to crosby with a 1st and goal with under 2 mins by not scoring, brilliant. You are right, he is a great coach.   

Why dont you just go ahead and say what you want to say about this "player"? You keep beating around the bush, just say it since you know everything. 

7 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

BH has never had the athletes that FBM has so making excuses for them or saying BH is in the same boat is ridiculous.  So those issues gives him an excuse to let his players act a fool and be undisciplined lol. Ok. What about not running the ball last year against BH instead of throwing it and neutralizing his advantage over BH? Brilliant coaching. Losing to crosby with a 1st and goal with under 2 mins by not scoring, brilliant. You are right, he is a great coach.   

Why dont you just go ahead and say what you want to say about this "player"? You keep beating around the bush, just say it since you know everything. 

Y'all have had three state championship coaches to FB Marshall's 0 the last 15 years. If it was all about athletes Katy would never win state titles. Yet, y'all are still willing to pay the premium for first round losses. You want to talk about bad coaching, y'all almost lost to Dayton last year. I don't have to say anything about him. Everybody watching him stand on the sideline says all it needs to. I bet Abseck will play him against Crosby though. If you need verification for what I'm saying that Steven Avery guy probably knows who his mom is, tell him to go ask her. 

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

After watching the film from the BH vs Sterling game last week I feel very confident that the Crosby ball carriers will have a good day running the ball. BH's dbs are kind of small and slow so they play a lot of off coverage even on short passing downs. I think the Crosby staff will be able to exploit that with the screen game. Roberson had 95 receiving yards and 2 tds in his first game back and I expect him to have an even bigger night on BH if they play with the single high safety like they did Sterling. BH does have two vey solid d-linemen but I think the o-line will perform well after having already played six P5 defensive linemen on the schedule. 

On defense as long as we don't get beat deep I don't see how BH scores a lot of points? I think they're running the quick passing game because they don't think their o-line can hold up? Very first offensive play for BH against Sterling the QB threw what would've been a pick six against Crosby's dbs when the Sterling defender just squatted on a hitch. Both of BH's running backs are small, they're not burners and don't run with a bunch of wiggle which is a good thing for the Crosby defenders trying to tackle them. QB won't kill us with his feet like Holdren did either. He escaped the pocket one time on Sterling and had a huge chunk play if he cuts it up but chose to avoid the contact and ran out of bounds. I believe we're getting one of our stud linebackers back this week? Crosby is going to blitz and BH's qb is going to have to show he can handle/escape pressure or he's going to get sacked half a dozen times and probably throw some picks trying to rush the ball out. 

BH's personnel looked physically imposing on film last year. This year they don't. If Crosby doesn't turn the ball over or have a bunch on penalties I expect us to have a good night against this version of BH. 

Good write up but remember you didn't think Holdren could run last year and he burned ya.  I actually like what our QB is doing this year because he stays in the pocket and finds the open receivers which has him averaging 200 + yards a game through the air, so no need to run. QB does have some speed and could run, but again why? We also spread the ball around with about 4 key receivers and that doesn't even include Mr. Dixon at this point. BH RB's are small, but Shaw is averaging 100 yards a game and 6.4 yards a tote at this point. Shaw seems to be getting better each week finding the hole and accelerating! BH O line has protected the QB pretty good and the D line gets good penetration. BH LB's are also pretty good with the secondary holding their own as well. 

Crosby's strong spot is defiantly in the backfield with a very athletic QB and RB with size looking to run around and through you.  The line play is about like BH on both sides of the ball, but I'm not too sure about the receivers even with Roberson back. I think Crosby will try to out athlete us by running through the line with the big back and faking the hand off to run the QB outside. If that doesn't work they will throw short passes to get their guys in space to make a play.

This is going to be another good game, but not the shoot out last year was. Still picking BH 35-28

10 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Good write up but remember you didn't think Holdren could run last year and he burned ya.  I actually like what our QB is doing this year because he stays in the pocket and finds the open receivers which has him averaging 200 + yards a game through the air, so no need to run. QB does have some speed and could run, but again why? We also spread the ball around with about 4 key receivers and that doesn't even include Mr. Dixon at this point. BH RB's are small, but Shaw is averaging 100 yards a game and 6.4 yards a tote at this point. Shaw seems to be getting better each week finding the hole and accelerating! BH O line has protected the QB pretty good and the D line gets good penetration. BH LB's are also pretty good with the secondary holding their own as well. 

Crosby's strong spot is defiantly in the backfield with a very athletic QB and RB with size looking to run around and through you.  The line play is about like BH on both sides of the ball, but I'm not too sure about the receivers even with Roberson back. I think Crosby will try to out athlete us by running through the line with the big back and faking the hand off to run the QB outside. If that doesn't work they will throw short passes to get their guys in space to make a play.

This is going to be another good game, but not the shoot out last year was. Still picking BH 35-28

It was just to opposite, all I thought Holdren could do was run because that's all he was able to do when we blasted y'all in '20. I was surprised how well he threw it against us last year. As far as the QB passing numbers it just depends on how you break them down? He was 17-28 for 200 yards against Sterling. Dixon comes off the bench and makes his only catch of the game for about 45 yards which also happened to be BH longest play of the game, go figure. Outside of that he was 16-27 for 155. 155 passing yards on 27 attempts probably isn't going to beat Crosby. And that was against Sterling's defense which gave up 77 to a Brazoswood team that had to sneak by Beaumont United. If you watched the film you saw Crosby get home a lot on Lee's qb, he's just a better athlete than most of the kids on Crosby's team and could escape pressure. I don't think that's going to be the case this week. 

As far as Shaw I think the only reason he's averaging over 100ypg is because he's gotten to play Montgomery and Sterling. Outside of Hagler last year and O'Neal in like 2012 BH has never run the ball on Crosby from the RB position. Looks like our other stud linebacker will be a go this week too which is a bigger get than when we're able to have Womack back on offense. BH has a couple small fast receivers but you see what Crosby did to one of the best slot guys in Texas in Ja'Koby Banks. Larkin cleaned him on a square in and Banks was lucky to finish the contest. 

At the end of the day you really have to throw all the numbers out of the window though. We know BH will most likely play their best game of the season against Crosby we know we're going to get screwed on several calls that keep it closer than it should be. 

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It was just to opposite, all I thought Holdren could do was run because that's all he was able to do when we blasted y'all in '20. I was surprised how well he threw it against us last year. As far as the QB passing numbers it just depends on how you break them down? He was 17-28 for 200 yards against Sterling. Dixon comes off the bench and makes his only catch of the game for about 45 yards which also happened to be BH longest play of the game, go figure. Outside of that he was 16-27 for 155. 155 passing yards on 27 attempts probably isn't going to beat Crosby. And that was against Sterling's defense which gave up 77 to a Brazoswood team that had to sneak by Beaumont United. If you watched the film you saw Crosby get home a lot on Lee's qb, he's just a better athlete than most of the kids on Crosby's team and could escape pressure. I don't think that's going to be the case this week. 

As far as Shaw I think the only reason he's averaging over 100ypg is because he's gotten to play Montgomery and Sterling. Outside of Hagler last year and O'Neal in like 2012 BH has never run the ball on Crosby from the RB position. Looks like our other stud linebacker will be a go this week too which is a bigger get than when we're able to have Womack back on offense. BH has a couple small fast receivers but you see what Crosby did to one of the best slot guys in Texas in Ja'Koby Banks. Larkin cleaned him on a square in and Banks was lucky to finish the contest. 

At the end of the day you really have to throw all the numbers out of the window though. We know BH will most likely play their best game of the season against Crosby we know we're going to get screwed on several calls that keep it closer than it should be. 

How can y’all cry about calls after last year! LOL … one Ref got y’all to OT to win the game. 

Our O-line D-Line are doing well so far through the first 3 games. BH has some youngsters at a lot positions. Excited to see the progression. I’m assuming Crosby has zero depth because we’ve been hearing about all of the injuries and that the reason 60 plus points were put up on them in week 1. I looked at the video and appeared Crosby turned it over and was just beat down by CEK with broken coverages. I think BH will be able to throw on Crosby and gain yards on the ground due to RB getting lost in the line size. I think Crosby going to be surprised. This time BH has to be able to finish it. That OT loss was BS by the way.😁

10 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

How to prove you didn't watch the Crosby CE King game... 

Yeah, I can't find the stats but King only threw for about 100 yards. They never needed to throw it. The "zero depth" part was interesting to me considering we beat FB Marshall with 7 backups on the field? Lol, people keep going back to that King game like anybody on this board has personnel anywhere comparable to that. Baytown Lee probably has better skill guys than BH. 

15 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Lol as if BH has a single player that would start anywhere on CEK roster.  

What’s have do with getting beat by like 60 points? We didn’t get beat that bad by Manvel teams that were better then CEK, and we just beat the breaks off of FB Marshall without having to go to OT. All of this foolish Crosby talk cracks me up. We have nothing to lose, but y’all have everything to lose.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

What’s have do with getting beat by like 60 points? We didn’t get beat that bad by Manvel teams that were better then CEK, and we just beat the breaks off of FB Marshall without having to go to OT. All of this foolish Crosby talk cracks me up. We have nothing to lose, but y’all have everything to lose.

That mentality is why BH is overpaying for coaches. CHS is their  superbowl. Blew out FBM and got blown out by Texas City loss to Crosby at home. 1 playoff win😂

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Why does Crosby have “everything to lose” ?

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

Why does Crosby have “everything to lose” ?

The DC for one and a possible 3rd place finish with a tougher 1st round opponent. BH wasn’t expect to finish above 3rd this year. Crosby hasn’t meet expectations yet while BH has and more IMO. 

14 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

The DC for one and a possible 3rd place finish with a tougher 1st round opponent. BH wasn’t expect to finish above 3rd this year. Crosby hasn’t meet expectations yet while BH has and more IMO. 

Y'all got destroyed by Magnolia West and beat and beat a couple of bottom feeders. I guess that's what y'all expected though? Crosby is 2-1 just like most people thought we would be. Don't get hung up on opening night, because if that's the case the way that #4 from Mag. West trucked his way through your entire defense doesn't bode well at all for trying to stop the Crosby running back. Kid had 14 carries for 102 and was running right down BH's throat and over the top of your DBs. I'll tell you this, that Mag. West team that beat y'all wouldn't beat Crosby. They don't have near the QB Myles is and don't have skill guys like us on either side of the ball. I actually think when we beat y'all that BH will be playing La Porte for 4th place. 

10 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Your right you didn’t get beat by a Manvel team, you scrimmaged them (Shadow Creek) and didn’t move the ball at all during that whole scrimmage. And that’s even after the new school was built to take some of the players over there. If there is one thing you should have learned from last year was that each game is a new one. We will see if BH has learned this year what consistency is, or if they have just been beating up on awful programs. 

10 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Lol as if BH has a single player that would start anywhere on CEK roster.  

Lol, I'm talking about not a SINGLE one. The only player they have that would start for King doesn't even start for them. Dude is comparing losing to 5A Manvel who got blown out the very next week in the playoffs by Huntsville to 6A CEK who lost 41-24 in the 3rd round to state semi-finalist Katy? It comical at the least. Even when Manvel was 6A Katy destroyed those D'Eriq King led teams worse than they did King last year. 

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Y'all got destroyed by Magnolia West and beat and beat a couple of bottom feeders. I guess that's what y'all expected though? Crosby is 2-1 just like most people thought we would be. Don't get hung up on opening night, because if that's the case the way that #4 from Mag. West trucked his way through your entire defense doesn't bode well at all for trying to stop the Crosby running back. Kid had 14 carries for 102 and was running right down BH's throat and over the top of your DBs. I'll tell you this, that Mag. West team that beat y'all wouldn't beat Crosby. They don't have near the QB Myles is and don't have skill guys like us on either side of the ball. I actually think when we beat y'all that BH will be playing La Porte for 4th place. 

You say don’t get hung up on opening night, but in the same sentence you talk about our game against Magnolia West? Lol

7 minutes ago, LOL said:

Your right you didn’t get beat by a Manvel team, you scrimmaged them (Shadow Creek) and didn’t move the ball at all during that whole scrimmage. And that’s even after the new school was built to take some of the players over there. If there is one thing you should have learned from last year was that each game is a new one. We will see if BH has learned this year what consistency is, or if they have just been beating up on awful programs. 

Forgot all about that, and CEK curb-stomped Shadow Creek in the playoffs last year. At least we scored on CEK. When the person I knew at the scrimmage left it was 6 tds for SC to 0 for BH.