California panel set to release report calling for 'comprehensive reparations' to Black Americans

LumRaiderFan

It’s so laughable. If you read the article, slavery was never even legal in California.  They’re literally trying to justify paying reparations for something that never occurred. 

Slavery was legal from 1836 to 1865 in Texas. Less than 29 years, but the talking heads will tell you that nothing that happened in the centuries before before or in the 157 years since Slavery ended matter… all of this was was “built on the backs of slaves.”

It would be funny if they didn’t actually believe their own nonsense  

45 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s so laughable. If you read the article, slavery was never even legal in California.  They’re literally trying to justify paying reparations for something that never occurred. 

Slavery was legal from 1836 to 1865 in Texas. Less than 29 years, but the talking heads will tell you that nothing that happened in the centuries before before or in the 157 years since Slavery ended matter… all of this was was “built on the backs of slaves.”

It would be funny if they didn’t actually believe their own nonsense  

Pure stupidity.  All about keeping the black vote on the D side.

54 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

all of this was was “built on the backs of slaves.”

From what I have read 10% of the population of the United States owned slaves….and majority in the south. I’ve always wondered how that small amount of people(compared to 90% of population) built America……

39 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

From what I have read 10% of the population of the United States owned slaves….and majority in the south. I’ve always wondered how that small amount of people(compared to 90% of population) built America……

Because obama told them that is what happened 

I’ve always been impressed by the fact that 4% of the slaves shipped out of Africa actually made it to the US… and history indicates that the LUCKY slaves were the ones who made it here when compared to the fate of the 96% that ended up elsewhere. 

But we’re the only one accused of the “original sin.”

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Demand reparations from the various countries and/or tribes from Africa.

They created the western slave trade by capturing other Africans and selling them as a commodity.

Yes, I’m sick of hearing how bad white people are because they owned slaves. It’s about time to hear how bad black people are for selling their own kind. 

2 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

Yes, I’m sick of hearing how bad white people are because they owned slaves. It’s about time to hear how bad black people are for selling their own kind. 

Without Africans selling Africans for profit, there is no slave trade. According to Thomas Sowell, 1 out of 3 free Blacks in New Orleans were slave owners. 

49 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Everyone knows it's a money grab, has nothing to do with righting a wrong.

And will not end the incessant  “We’ve been wronged”.  Yes they were wronged, as every single race has been at one time or another. Even a cursory examination would expose the Democrats for the majority of black Americans failures. They’ve helped destroy the black family (and the white family is not far behind).  They’ve made most blacks reliant on the Govt teat, and this goes beyond finances.  The “help”, perhaps initially well intentioned, has enslaved them, financially, socially and mentally.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And will not end the incessant  “We’ve been wronged”.  Yes they were wronged, as every single race has been at one time or another. Even a cursory examination would expose the Democrats for the majority of black Americans failures. They’ve helped destroy the black family (and the white family is not far behind).  They’ve made most blacks reliant on the Govt teat, and this goes beyond finances.  The “help”, perhaps initially well intentioned, has enslaved them, financially, socially and mentally.

Agree with all except for the "well intended" part...the democrats intentions have never been driven by anything other than votes and power, no matter who gets hurt.

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree with all except for the "well intended" part...the democrats intentions have never been driven by anything other than votes and power, no matter who gets hurt.

That’s why I stuck “perhaps” in there.  Like you, I don’t think it was well intended, but trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.  And your, “no matter who gets hurt”, is spot on.  They’ll readily sacrifice anything or any number of people to further their agenda.  I can see the eye-rolls now at this, but imo, it’s true.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

There is absolutely a well intended part. It is well intended to keep a group of people in the fold.