Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

34 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I’m not going to cut off my own penis in order to stop other rapes.

I’m not going to give up my own car to stop others drunk driving.

I’m not going to keep my own hands in my pockets to stop other assaults.

And I’m not giving up my own guns because others commit murders.

Out of curiosity has anyone said they were taking YOUR guns? Everything I'm hearing is trying to figure out the solution or a step in the right direction to lessen the shootings of innocent lives

Since we're in America and have 2nd amendment rights maybe we should send our kids to school  armed also that way they can protect themselves! Shall not be infringed SMMFH 

3 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Out of curiosity has anyone said they were taking YOUR guns? Everything I'm hearing is trying to figure out the solution or a step in the right direction to lessen the shootings of innocent lives

Since we're in America and have 2nd amendment rights maybe we should send our kids to school  armed also that way they can protect themselves! Shall not be infringed SMMFH 

dear fellow American,

I make a point not to tit for tat(argue with anyone) about politics or religion.  This is not an attempt to either.

But think about this, folks posting on here are not wrong if they do or have taken the 'gun control " talk personally. Cause like I have already said before, I have not heard one politician say anything about how they intend to disarm criminals.  So far, only law abiding citizens will be disarmed if their ideas are put into place.

take care.

3 hours ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Well then you haven’t been paying attention. Even the president the other day said that the 9 mm round blows lungs out of the body. HUH???

Then he said there is no reason to use them for self protection or hunting and all we should have is the .22.

Has he done it yet? No because it’s against the constitution. He cannot make his own laws and they have to come from Congress. If you don’t think the president wants to take self-defense handguns, much less rifles, you have not been paying attention.

That is but one small example of the rhetoric coming out from the left. 

Here is yet another video that list some details about the shooting in Uvalde. It is a long podcast but the first part is devoted to the shooting.

You have to get past his advertisement in preparatory talk and I think you can actually drag it to the 4 minute mark to start listening. It’s an editorial piece written by some Georgia law enforcement or something similar. He basically list a media claim and then debunks it with what they know or believe they know. The part about the shooting discussed in the editorial runs 7 minutes or to about the 11 minute mark so watch 4-11 minutes. I think it is about the 7 1/2 minute mark when the narrator talks about the stupidity of the commanding officers by making comments but they have no clue as to their accuracy. After the 11 minute mark he talks for another minute or two using a bit of profanity about the media will not retract what they have done even if proven (likely) that they were completely wrong.

I was just wondering……. To the defund the police crowd….. why weren’t social workers sent to the school when this all broke loose. It would have been the perfect opportunity to test your theory of handling violent criminals with a clipboard and kind words. 

8 hours ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

Remember 2 weeks to flatten the curve? Remember them wanting to make it mandatory to get the vaccine? Remember all the people that lost their job for refusing the Jab? Don’t give these people a INCH!! Shall not be infringed. Go ahead an SYFH all you want. As I’ve said before Secure entry points at schools and arm teachers that want to be armed. 

5 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Well then you haven’t been paying attention. Even the president the other day said that the 9 mm round blows lungs out of the body. HUH???

Then he said there is no reason to use them for self protection or hunting and all we should have is the .22.

Has he done it yet? No because it’s against the constitution. He cannot make his own laws and they have to come from Congress. If you don’t think the president wants to take self-defense handguns, much less rifles, you have not been paying attention.

That is but one small example of the rhetoric coming out from the left. 

Did they say they were TAKING YOUR guns or make it difficult or not be able to get them anymore 

10 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I’m not going to cut off my own penis in order to stop other rapes.

I’m not going to give up my own car to stop others drunk driving.

I’m not going to keep my own hands in my pockets to stop other assaults.

And I’m not giving up my own guns because others commit murders.

Yeah, I don’t plan on turning in my weapons either. 

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

Remember 2 weeks to flatten the curve? Remember them wanting to make it mandatory to get the vaccine? Remember all the people that lost their job for refusing the Jab? Don’t give these people a INCH!! Shall not be infringed. Go ahead an SYFH all you want. As I’ve said before Secure entry points at schools and arm teachers that want to be armed. 

Nothing to address mental health? 

11 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

At a game in Texas I’m sure they would be dealing with some folks shooting back.  How do your keep it from happening if a nut has made up his mind?  You can’t.

And I don’t believe waiting periods and new laws will stop them either.

If someone comes up with any that actually work I would be all for it.

That’s why hardening schools alone is not the only answer. You gotta address the real issue which is some young dude (generally) who has some screws loose. 

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s why hardening schools alone is not the only answer. You gotta address the real issue which is some young dude (generally) who has some screws loose. 

Hardening schools is the ONLY answer when a shooter enters the school, which they will, no matter how many preventative measures.

Tell me how you would have stopped the shooter in Uvalde, he had a screw loose but nothing that could have had him legally restrained.  He shot his grandmother but by the time that was realized, it was too late.

If the folks around someone fail to recognize or ignore issues that lead to something like this, the only way to stop him is to make schools less softer targets.

13 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If the folks around someone fail to recognize or ignore issues that lead to something like this, the only way to stop him is to make schools less softer targets.

You’re making my point. IN ADDITION to hardening schools, more focus and emphasis should be put on recognizing and acting on the mental health of these people. 

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re making my point. IN ADDITION to hardening schools, more focus and emphasis should be put on recognizing and acting on the mental health of these people. 

You can say we are going to focus on mental health issues and I agree with doing that, I also know that a relative will most likely never realize the danger of someone that is showing these signs.

Oh, they’re just going through a phase…that method of stopping someone is very fallible.

Make the schools safer is #1, everything else is a very distant 2nd.

33 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You can say we are going to focus on mental health issues and I agree with doing that, I also know that a relative will most likely never realize the danger of someone that is showing these signs.

Oh, they’re just going through a phase…that method of stopping someone is very fallible.

Make the schools safer is #1, everything else is a very distant 2nd.

I hate to disagree, but “a very distant 2nd” is not true in my opinion. Unless you do at least both of those things, you are not going to be effective at curtailing the school shooter problem. 

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I hate to disagree, but “a very distant 2nd” is not true in my opinion. Unless you do at least both of those things, you are not going to be effective at curtailing the school shooter problem. 

We'll just have to disagree, I don't see an effective method of stopping these shootings by hopefully spotting signs that you can't legally do anything about.

Lots of weird folks running around, not all of them are dangerous.

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from and putting something in place is worth a try, but make the schools safer.

We do the same thing with our homes, make it harder for bad guys to gain entry and many have a method of dealing with them when they do gain entry.

12 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

We have tests for everything but any person over the age can purchase a weapon? Mind boggling 

What will giving a potential shooter a test gain? Are you afraid he's going to hurt himself while murdering kids? I haven't quite understood the classes or certifications for owning a weapon in regards to hindering killers.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

We'll just have to disagree, I don't see an effective method of stopping these shootings by hopefully spotting signs that you can't legally do anything about.

Lots of weird folks running around, not all of them are dangerous.

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from and putting something in place is worth a try, but make the schools safer.

We do the same thing with our homes, make it harder for bad guys to gain entry and many have a method of dealing with them when they do gain entry.

I think we are saying the same thing. I’m just accentuating the mental health aspect. 

6 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree, I don't know the answer. I would say it's time to find out...

I will repeat that someone in this guy’s family or anyone with any real contact with him, knows there was something wrong and did nothing. Sometimes even knowing doesn’t help. I have a personal story on something similar, (not mass murder) we’ll just call it a bad seed. I’ll tell you he was in and out of juvenile his teen and pre-teen years. Everyone in his family knew he was bad, but even jail didn’t help. He was up for parole and his biological mom warned them not to let him out. They did anyway and he committed a heinous crime and will spend his life behind bars. Even our checks and balances don’t protect us. 
The problem with shrinks getting involved is that they think they can medicate anyone into normalcy, and they just about can. The problem is when the self medicated patient forgets to take his pill, or he ran out. There used to be a place for these folks. It’s called Rusk. Now, they are roaming the streets among us. The ones not medicated yet have huge numbers and are just waiting for something to click. It’s very scary. 

50 minutes ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

We have tests for everything but any person over the age can purchase a weapon? Mind boggling 

Do we need a test to weed out alcoholics to prevent them from buying alcohol so they don’t go out an kill a innocent family driving down the road? Mind boggling that all 50 states don’t require an I.D. so you can prove who you are in order to vote in this country. 

45 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

What will giving a potential shooter a test gain? Are you afraid he's going to hurt himself while murdering kids? I haven't quite understood the classes or certifications for owning a weapon in regards to hindering killers.

IMO it can gain many positive things! Ppl fail driving test, college tests, pilot test, enlisting in the army! If we take all these tests away imagine how the world will function... ppl fail these test for a reason and a good one probably