4A State Championship Game, HJ vs Brownsboro/BB 50 HJ 49

BH had multiple D1 players in the 1990's and won 1 state championship. Its hard to win state. BH had kendal shaw (Vanderbilt) and lost in 4a semi finals. BH lost in Semis with collier to Canyon. Dont know how many WNBA players Canyon had that year. My point is winning state aint easy. Look at all the free throws Brownsboro missed down the stretch to make it interesting. HJ was sloppy with the BB and it cost them. Stop blaming the coach. You'd be praising him if they made 2 more points.

15 minutes ago, Go-rilla said:

BH had multiple D1 players in the 1990's and won 1 state championship. Its hard to win state. BH had kendal shaw (Vanderbilt) and lost in 4a semi finals. BH lost in Semis with collier to Canyon. Dont know how many WNBA players Canyon had that year. My point is winning state aint easy. Look at all the free throws Brownsboro missed down the stretch to make it interesting. HJ was sloppy with the BB and it cost them. Stop blaming the coach. You'd be praising him if they made 2 more points.

Yes, it’s hard to win State, no doubt. Never said it’s easy. Also, considering Barbers Hill and all the talent they’ve had, was at a different level. The difference In 4A and 5A statewide is astronomical. You can have 3 D1 players in 5A and just be top 10 in talent. In 4A, it’s rare to have 3 D1 players, much less an All American and 2 other D1 players. It’s completely different. As far as coaching, I’m not totally blaming Fogo. I actually think he’s a very solid coach who’s built a great program at HJ, kudos to him for that, I certainly can’t do what he does. BUT, to your point, it’s hard to win State. 99% of coaches will never win State, whether that’s due to not having talent or running up against a better coach. Sorry, but I think Fogo is in the latter category. He’s a very good coach, but not good enough to win State. He’ll NEVER have nearly as good a chance to win a Title than he did the last 4 years. Ever, and he didn’t get it done...sorry. 

15 hours ago, KPBall said:

Yes, it’s hard to win State, no doubt. Never said it’s easy. Also, considering Barbers Hill and all the talent they’ve had, was at a different level. The difference In 4A and 5A statewide is astronomical. You can have 3 D1 players in 5A and just be top 10 in talent. In 4A, it’s rare to have 3 D1 players, much less an All American and 2 other D1 players. It’s completely different. As far as coaching, I’m not totally blaming Fogo. I actually think he’s a very solid coach who’s built a great program at HJ, kudos to him for that, I certainly can’t do what he does. BUT, to your point, it’s hard to win State. 99% of coaches will never win State, whether that’s due to not having talent or running up against a better coach. Sorry, but I think Fogo is in the latter category. He’s a very good coach, but not good enough to win State. He’ll NEVER have nearly as good a chance to win a Title than he did the last 4 years. Ever, and he didn’t get it done...sorry. 

LOL.