Bmt United Vs Crosby Round III

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe PJ scored a ton of points in that second meeting with us.  We still won by dang near 20.  This game won’t be and exception.  PJ scores pints, BU by 15+.  

Unfortunately I agree. Boys basketball is the only UIL sport BU can beat Crosby in. Both PJ and Elkington need to go bananas and even that probably won’t be enough. We were one game away from state in football and will probably fall one game shy of the state tournament in basketball too. Who knows though, maybe BU comes out overconfident because of the last two games and Crosby puts some medicine on them? 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

United but man it's tough to beat a real good team three times in one season.

That’s the issue. Crosby is a real good team and definitely state tourney caliber, but BU is a great team and the defending state champion. Maybe PJ goes for 50 and we win on a buzzer beater though🤷🏾‍♂️

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Unfortunately I agree. Boys basketball is the only UIL sport BU can beat Crosby in. Both PJ and Elkington need to go bananas and even that probably won’t be enough. We were one game away from state in football and will probably fall one game shy of the state tournament in basketball too. Who knows though, maybe BU comes out overconfident because of the last two games and Crosby puts some medicine on them? 

Nah.  The GCM was the wake up call our boys needed.  They’re like super locked in now.  But if you can get big contributions from Ellington and the other role players, I could be interesting…

That’s the issue. Crosby is a real good team and definitely state tourney caliber, but BU is a great team and the defending state champion. Maybe PJ goes for 50 and we win on a buzzer beater though🤷🏾‍♂️

See, this is what I’m afraid in.  That’s why I think you need to make that kid exert some energy on defense.  Whoever he’s holding meeds to give him that work, because we know he makes everything go for Crosby on offense…

I like how you slid that in there.  But you’re almost right though.  The state of BU athletics as a whole isn’t good,  but there’s this girls basketball program that I think you’ve forgot about.  With the exception of a last second buzzer beater this year, BU girls basketball have pretty much dominated MECCA girls basketball for 2 years…