How Democratic presidents Clinton, Obama and Biden caused the crisis in Ukraine

LumRaiderFan

On 2/25/2022 at 1:02 PM, BS Wildcats said:

“Electoral” college created to keep a few major cities from controlling elections.  He will always be a JOKE, the whole damn world knows it!

Electors were created by the constitution as a compromise between those in the convention who wanted the House of Representatives to elect the president and those who wanted a popular vote among the people to elect the president.  Where did your “theory” come from?

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Electors were created by the constitution as a compromise between those in the convention who wanted the House of Representatives to elect the president and those who wanted a popular vote among the people to elect the president.  Where did your “theory” come from?

The electoral college elects the president instead of the popular vote because it was feared that the people would be too uninformed to make good choices. Look at the uninformed left and what represents them. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that. Look at the largest cities. They are run by the left and have taken world class cities and turned them into cesspools. Do freedom loving Americans truly want them to influence their precious right to elect someone who reflects their own values?

The founding fathers were insightful geniuses. Politicians today would not make a pimple on their backside.

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

May not be the reason, I don’t know.  But, it is exactly why the Dims and the left want to do away with it.  They know the majority of the people live in large cities, that are overwhelmingly cesspools ran by Dims.  So they know without an electoral college, their chances of winning the presidency increase dramatically.  Then they wouldn’t have to cheat to win!!

20 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

May not be the reason, I don’t know.  But, it is exactly why the Dims and the left want to do away with it.  They know the majority of the people live in large cities, that are overwhelmingly cesspools ran by Dims.  So they know without an electoral college, their chances of winning the presidency increase dramatically.  Then they wouldn’t have to cheat to win!!

I’m a Democrat and I favor the college. Don’t be so quick to stereotype.

22 hours ago, baddog said:

The electoral college elects the president instead of the popular vote because it was feared that the people would be too uninformed to make good choices. Look at the uninformed left and what represents them. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that. Look at the largest cities. They are run by the left and have taken world class cities and turned them into cesspools. Do freedom loving Americans truly want them to influence their precious right to elect someone who reflects their own values?

The founding fathers were insightful geniuses. Politicians today would not make a pimple on their backside.

I’d say redlining begun after WWll with the GI bill helped begin the demise of the big cities. It’s too complex to blame on one party or one policy.  If everything is reduced to zero-sum in politics, we’re doomed as a democracy.

5 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Most Dems stereotype Republicans as racist.  Hopefully you realize the error of your ways

Is “what about” you guys’ only argument? I don’t equate  Republicans with racists. Again, the subject is way too complex. Finger pointing and name calling is infantile, and infants aren’t entrusted to deal with complex issues. Please understand I am not calling you an infant.