San Francisco School Board Recall Election

Hagar

59 minutes ago, Hagar said:

In our most liberal city, SF, in a recall election for School Board, the Woke candidates were voted out by 70%.  As former NYC Mayor Bloomberg says in the article, that’s about a 7-8 on the Richter scale for Democrats.  

This is the hidden content, please

This is where to hit them. They are poisoning the minds of our youths. 

On 2/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, bullets13 said:

There's going to come a point where the ultra-left is going to alienate the common democrat.  It feels like we're getting to that point, which is a great thing.  

I have had a hard time the last three or four years figuring out how they still have much support. I know there are people on both sides who blindly follow anyone but geez….. 

11 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I have had a hard time the last three or four years figuring out how they still have much support. I know there are people on both sides who blindly follow anyone but geez….. 

it certainly taxes the mind.  My sentiments exactly - so many?

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

it certainly taxes the mind.  My sentiments exactly - so many?

That's what makes Trump's loss so devastating, IMO... I still believe that a majority of Americans aren't in favor of "woke" politics and that's exactly what the Democrats were selling in 2020.  The fact that the guy gift-wrapped the Presidency, put a bow on it, and then handed it over to Biden still aggravates the crap outta me. 

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's what makes Trump's loss so devastating, IMO... I still believe that a majority of Americans aren't in favor of "woke" politics and that's exactly what the Democrats were selling in 2020.  The fact that the guy gift-wrapped the Presidency, put a bow on it, and then handed it over to Biden still aggravates the crap outta me. 

Don't leave out the support of 81 million snowflakes.

I understand the “old” politics.

More money for welfare services for Dems vs less from GOP perspective.

In the same reasoning, less money for military or things like space exploration.

Tax the rich…..

More pro union…..

The Affordable Care Act/Obamacare which made healthcare only affordable if you’re on public assistance…….

Basically the sides argued in how much money to spend and where.

But then we go to what I can’t figure out.

I know, let’s allow men run against women in sports if they are feeling feminine….. oh, and can’t beat other males. That should be fair! It seems like Democrats somewhere got together in a smoke filled room and  after a discussion said, the Republicans are probably adamantly against this so we will say it’s a good thing!

Next up… defund the police. It will probably have little or no impact in the more middle class and affluent communities and might lead to a major increase in crime and deaths in the minority communities but hey, the Republicans are against it so we will say it’s a great thing!

How about an abortion up to the point of birth like proposed in Virginia where a woman could be delivering a full term healthy baby and just as the child is about to be delivered, the doctor is allowed to kill it after its head is out but not the full body because the mother decided yesterday that she is mad at the father.  Sounds like the GOP would be against that so let’s support it!

A person cannot decide to buy alcohol until 21. Tobacco or vote until 18. But…. if a 10-year-old want to change his or her sex against their parents’ wishes, that seems OK because Republicans probably will definitely oppose it.

I know, on taking office I will immediately close 93 million acres of drilling in the Gulf of  Mexico and shut off pipelines to shut down a major portion of our oil industry so it will push us toward Trillions of dollars in more taxes in the Green New Deal. That way it will turn over our energy needs to countries that hate us! That way gasoline will double (and soon to triple) in price which will be destructive on minorities but the Republicans are probably against it so……

Let’s have a multicultural center at a university with taxpayer money but exclude 2/3s of the population because they are the wrong color.

Let’s have……

The list could go on but there just seems like there are issues that about 95% of the public should agree on but for the theory of political opposition, right now we are going through strange times where one side has determined that if the other side doesn’t like it, will support it no matter how wrong, unfair or deviant it is.

Some things should be wrong no matter which side of the aisle a person is on. In the current woke and cancel culture climate, the more strange or deviant it appears, the more they will support it because it bothers the other side.

Now, I don’t think that the people that consider themselves Democrats or liberals support most of what is happening and many are likely just as disgusted as the  conservatives but they aren’t being listened to or are being silent so as not to oppose “their side”.

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I understand the “old” politics.

More money for welfare services for Dems vs less from GOP perspective.

In the same reasoning, less money for military or things like space exploration.

Tax the rich…..

More pro union…..

The Affordable Care Act/Obamacare which made healthcare only affordable if you’re on public assistance…….

Basically the sides argued in how much money to spend and where.

But then we go to what I can’t figure out.

I know, let’s allow men run against women in sports if they are feeling feminine….. oh, and can’t beat other males. That should be fair! It seems like Democrats somewhere got together in a smoke filled room and  after a discussion said, the Republicans are probably adamantly against this so we will say it’s a good thing!

Next up… defund the police. It will probably have little or no impact in the more middle class and affluent communities and might lead to a major increase in crime and deaths in the minority communities but hey, the Republicans are against it so we will say it’s a great thing!

How about an abortion up to the point of birth like proposed in Virginia where a woman could be delivering a full term healthy baby and just as the child is about to be delivered, the doctor is allowed to kill it after its head is out but not the full body because the mother decided yesterday that she is mad at the father.  Sounds like the GOP would be against that so let’s support it!

A person cannot decide to buy alcohol until 21. Tobacco or vote until 18. But…. if a 10-year-old want to change his or her sex against their parents’ wishes, that seems OK because Republicans probably will definitely oppose it.

I know, on taking office I will immediately close 93 million acres of drilling in the Gulf of  Mexico and shut off pipelines to shut down a major portion of our oil industry so it will push us toward Trillions of dollars in more taxes in the Green New Deal. That way it will turn over our energy needs to countries that hate us! That way gasoline will double (and soon to triple) in price which will be destructive on minorities but the Republicans are probably against it so……

Let’s have a multicultural center at a university with taxpayer money but exclude 2/3s of the population because they are the wrong color.

Let’s have……

The list could go on but there just seems like there are issues that about 95% of the public should agree on but for the theory of political opposition, right now we are going through strange times where one side has determined that if the other side doesn’t like it, will support it no matter how wrong, unfair or deviant it is.

Some things should be wrong no matter which side of the aisle a person is on. In the current woke and cancel culture climate, the more strange or deviant it appears, the more they will support it because it bothers the other side.

Now, I don’t think that the people that consider themselves Democrats or liberals support most of what is happening and many are likely just as disgusted as the  conservatives but they aren’t being listened to or are being silent so as not to oppose “their side”.

I agree... but I also have to jump out and say that when the opportunity presents itself, the Rs do the exact same thing.  Whether is banning abortion after a heartbeat can be detected (in response to Virginia's new law, no doubt), repealing property taxes, permitless concealed carry, to identifying hormone treatment as child abuse and requiring mandatory reporting my medical professionals and educators, and then ordering the TDFS to those investigate those reports.... to bathroom bills, sanctuary cities for gun owners, etc....

Both sides will do anything if it makes the other side mad. Neither one can claim much of high ground in regards to poking at the other side.  The good news is that Rs usually find themselves on the moral side of most issues.

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

I agree... but I also have to jump out and say that when the opportunity presents itself, the Rs do the exact same thing.  Whether is banning abortion after a heartbeat can be detected (in response to Virginia's new law, no doubt), repealing property taxes, permitless concealed carry, to identifying hormone treatment as child abuse and requiring mandatory reporting my medical professionals and educators, and then ordering the TDFS to those investigate those reports.... to bathroom bills, sanctuary cities for gun owners, etc....

Both sides will do anything if it makes the other side mad. Neither one can claim much of high ground in regards to poking at the other side.  The good news is that Rs usually find themselves on the moral side of most issues.

I see comments similar to that repeated over and over in almost every thread and in every forum. And….. “both sides say it”.

They are all crooks….

Their base supports them no matter what…..

They are playing politics just like the other side….

My guy is stupid but so is yours….

That means what as far as a conversation or debate? As an example in the current politics of Texas, gun laws. In the last few legislatures and in particular this last one, the Republican party has pushed for much more gun rights. Virtually every Republican voted in favor of each of those bills and virtually every Democrat voted against them.

Abbott who some Republicans claim is a rino, signed every one of them including one which would overturn federal law (which in itself is unlawful and unconstitutional) by making silencers legal without having to go through the federal process. People can call him whatever they wish but he signed every bill that I’m in favor of.

So is there a point of noting that politics is politics?

Both sides are playing on the same field  but which outcome do you support?

I’ve mentioned this before but it’s worth repeating, our political offices were primarily designed to help the country (State/County/City) even though holding one might be a sacrifice to the holder.  Imo, the vast majority of politicians today are in it for their own benefit.  To improve their own financial situation, or a stepping stone to a better position, with little regard for the country (State/County/City).  And with the Founding Fathers watchdog of our Republic, the Media, turned into biased propaganda machines for whichever ideology they choose, the whole system has run amuck.  How long our Republic can survive this topsy turvy situation remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Sugarbear said:

You can stomach watching "The View?"  I can barely keep from throwing up when someone uses the program as a bad example of people living in the U.S.A.

I saw a 30 second clip years ago that I am still trying to recover from. No I am not a regular viewer. Lol