Houston Booker T Washington Eagles

BADSANTA

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Lewis and  McDermott can really play. Their size is going to give alkt of people problems. Has anyone watched them play? If they play HJ or Silsbee in the playoffs do you think we have a chance? Their guards aren't that impressive from what I've seen. 

Very good team but not deep. Only play 6 against good competition.

Silsbee or HJ wouldn't see Washington till regional final.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Can confirm.  Also PG isn’t bad.  Both bigs are more wings who are skilled.  Both are accustomed to playing bigger, better competition than Silsbee will run out there in summer ball.  Question will be whether Silsbee can wear them down with their pressure vs lack of depth.  5 on 5 with no subs, Booker T would be a solid double digit favorite.  Lack of depth on their part makes this a lot closer to a pick ‘em.  Imo.  HJ would struggle with either team. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Both Silsbee and HJ will have to get through Booker T to get to the regional finals. 1s and 4s are on one side of the bracket, 2s and 3s on the other side. Silsbee, HJ, and Booker T will be 1 seeds out of their districts facing 4s in the 1st round. HJ will face Booker T 2nd rd unless their is an upset and the winner will face Silsbee,  barring an upset in the 1st or a loss in the 2nd from the Tigers, in the 3rd. 

30 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Both Silsbee and HJ will have to get through Booker T to get to the regional finals. 1s and 4s are on one side of the bracket, 2s and 3s on the other side. Silsbee, HJ, and Booker T will be 1 seeds out of their districts facing 4s in the 1st round. HJ will face Booker T 2nd rd unless their is an upset and the winner will face Silsbee,  barring an upset in the 1st or a loss in the 2nd from the Tigers, in the 3rd. 

Incorrect.

Washington will be in top half of bracket. HJ and Silsbee will be in bottom half.

This is the hidden content, please

If HJ wins 1st round, they would face winner of #2 24-4A and #3 23-4A.

Silsbee would face in 2nd round winner of #3 24-4A and #2 23-4A.

Silsbee and HJ would see each other in 3rd round.

Neither team would see Washington till regional final, like I stated earlier.

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Incorrect.

Washington will be in top half of bracket. HJ and Silsbee will be in bottom half.

This is the hidden content, please

If HJ wins 1st round, they would face winner of #2 24-4A and #3 23-3A.

Silsbee would face in 2nd round winner of #3 24-4A and #2 23-3A.

Silsbee and HJ would see each other in 3rd round.

Neither team would see Washington till regional final, like I stated earlier.

Did they change the bracket format from last year? Because that's not how it went at all. Huffman and Lumberton played in the regional quarterfinals and Huffman played Silsbee in the regional finals. Booker t was on their side, I think they won their district as well. HF played Silsbee in the first rd #2 vs #3 from their districts. Why are 3A playing 4A or you have a typo?

4 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Did they change the bracket format from last year? Because that's not how it went at all. Huffman and Lumberton played in the regional quarterfinals and Huffman played Silsbee in the regional finals. Booker t was on their side, I think they won their district as well. HF played Silsbee in the first rd #2 vs #3 from their districts

Yates won their district last year not Washington. Silsbee played Yates in 2nd round.

The brackets have not changed.

I posted the link to the brackets. Same as last year.

6 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Did they change the bracket format from last year? Because that's not how it went at all. Huffman and Lumberton played in the regional quarterfinals and Huffman played Silsbee in the regional finals. Booker t was on their side, I think they won their district as well. HF played Silsbee in the first rd #2 vs #3 from their districts. Why are 3A playing 4A or you have a typo?

Typo. I corrected it

3 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Silsbee has to hit FTs, eliminate errors, block out.  Lewis likes to sneak in from the outside.  Block out McDermott as well.  

Agree with all of that.  And wouldn’t hurt to get hot with the 3 ball.  I’m not saying they have to be unconscious but they also can’t have an off shooting night either. 

I'll keep going back to the fact that Silsbee has been there, done that. These kids and coaches have that big game experience and are prepared. Even though Washington has two players that have been on the big stage in summer ball, I just think the overall program that Silsbee has established these last 20+ years comes into play when you get deep in the playoffs. This group at Silsbee are pretty special and they grew up quickly last season reaching the regional finals for the 5th time in last 6 years and 11th time in last 17 seasons. Point being this is what is somewhat expected of them and I believe they will rise to the occasion.

Washington may have the two best players but I believe Silsbee will compensate that with coaching, depth and big game experience. Besides, Harris and Miller are no slouches.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'll keep going back to the fact that Silsbee has been there, done that. These kids and coaches have that big game experience and are prepared. Even though Washington has two players that have been on the big stage in summer ball, I just think the overall program that Silsbee has established these last 20+ years comes into play when you get deep in the playoffs. This group at Silsbee are pretty special and they grew up quickly last season reaching the regional finals for the 5th time in last 6 years and 11th time in last 17 seasons. Point being this is what is somewhat expected of them and I believe they will rise to the occasion.

Washington may have the two best players but I believe Silsbee will compensate that with coaching, depth and big game experience. Besides, Harris and Miller are no slouches.

I agree!!! 

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Don’t sell them short.  They are tremendous slouches…

4 minutes ago, underdog15 said:

Booker T would probably beat United

Really?  Washington is a mystery to me.  They don't post highlight videos on MaxPreps.  You can see them as the "other" team on their opponents highlights but that's useless because it so unrepresentative. 

They have no common opponents with Silsbee.  I note one thing.  They beat 12th ranked Brazosport 82-79 while Silsbee beat No. 11 ranked Hardin Jefferson 77 - 53.  On the other hand Booker T seems to be ripping through their district opponents with more ease than Silsbee has.

I admit the matchup looks bad for Silsbee on paper simply because of height.  If it was just one 6'7 star wing it would be one thing, but two?  And it's not just Washington, on paper the Tigers don't match up particularly well against any of the other top 10 teams.  But the coaches around the state see something in them and really like them.  Silsbee is basically a bunch of guards who are almost interchangeable.  They sometimes lose the opening tip to much weaker district opponents.  But some of the Tiger guards are pretty strong guys and they don't really get pushed around inside as much as one would suppose.  They're a hard team to peg.