Nederland 36 Beaumont United 47/FINAL

26 minutes ago, Bird33 said:

LOL.  Wrong.  You must not have watched the game.  If there were a shot clock, United would have had several violations.   They held the ball up top in the 2nd Q to see if the Dogs would come out & chase them (which they didn’t).   Nederland on the other hand, spread the floor & attacked the basket early.  To the point that United switched to a zone.   Dogs took care of the ball (which took away easy transition baskets) & protected the paint on D.  United struggled shooting, while the Dogs competed on the boards.  No doubt, Yates would have made a difference in the game. Great effort from the Dogs. 

I definitely watched the game.  BU literally stalled as a clap back to Nederland that stalled earlier in the game…. 

27 minutes ago, Bird33 said:

United better get Yates healthy.  They’re not winning state without him.   

I think we could.  It’s just that guys that usually are consistent at hitting shots for some reason were off last night.  Arceneaux and Dotson probably won’t even have that bad of a shooting game the rest of the season.  

26 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I definitely watched the game.  BU literally stalled as a clap back to Nederland that stalled earlier in the game…. 

Clap back?  LOL.  You’re something else.  Nederland’s leading scorers were their post & forward. They were attacking the basket early, then United switched to zone to take that away.  Like I said earlier, if there were a shot clock, the Dogs would not have had a single violation.   United on the other hand? Several in the 2nd Q.  

51 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You must be confused about what stall ball is.. Yes, Ned sat back in a zone and let United hold it but it was UNITED that chose to sit there and run the clock. 

After watching this game on TL this morning, I would have to agree with Bird33. It wasn't Nederland who stalled.

Like he stated, if there was a shot clock (thank goodness there isn't) United would have been in violation way more times than Nederland. United sat back after Nederland decided to go zone which I have no problem with.

But let's be accurate. It was United who slowed the game down, not Nederland.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think we could.  It’s just that guys that usually are consistent at hitting shots for some reason were off last night.  Arceneaux and Dotson probably won’t even have that bad of a shooting game the rest of the season.  

Win? Without yates I don’t think so, go to state yeah but just picture of that were kimball or Amarillo I head of Nederland last night 

2 hours ago, Bird33 said:

Clap back?  LOL.  You’re something else.  Nederland’s leading scorers were their post & forward. They were attacking the basket early, then United switched to zone to take that away.  Like I said earlier, if there were a shot clock, the Dogs would not have had a single violation.   United on the other hand? Several in the 2nd Q.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, ChsVet07_ said:

At times when Nederland had the lead they did stall, slowed the game down many times….hell of I was them I’d stall too, and be happy with any lead going up against a beast like BU

Can you imagine the pandemonium on here and the media had Nederland pulled off the upset. In my opinion it wouldve been

larger than the buzzer beater Arceneaux hit to win the 5A championship. Instead there's debate about stall ball, shot clock

style points and moral victory. Good luck to both programs the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

Can you imagine the pandemonium on here and the media had Nederland pulled off the upset. In my opinion it wouldve been

larger than the buzzer beater Arceneaux hit to win the 5A championship. Instead there's debate about stall ball, shot clock

style points and moral victory. Good luck to both programs the rest of the way.

A district win would’ve been better than a walk off 3 at the Alamodome against a dfw powerhouse like Kimball ? ……… Jesus Christ 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

18 minutes ago, Topdawg25 said:

@AggiesAreWe will we see Warm-up playoff games this year? 

Is there a number on how many games teams can play during the season ? 

21 regular season games with a max of 3 tourneys. If a team is under that then they can play a warm up.

I actually think we will see several seed/play in games for some of our local districts.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:09 PM, ThaGod409 said:

A district win would’ve been better than a walk off 3 at the Alamodome against a dfw powerhouse like Kimball ? ……… Jesus Christ 🤦🏾‍♂️🤣

Just goes to show, when you’re state champs every one looks for that close game to say what if, lol. Naw jk